What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jackson Topine sues Bulldogs

ouwet

Bench
Reading the article, this seems to have gone well beyond the "do some extra because you were late" and into full-blown bullying/humiliation by the trainer. Sounds as if some psychological damage was inflicted as well.

Topine didn't even realise he was late - turned up at 8:10 for an 8:30 session, he thought only players who needed strapping were supposed to be there by 8am.

If the NRL is serious about supporting mens mental health they ought to intervene - dismissing this incident as "club culture" or "that's how it's always been" simply isn't good enough.

Please... Your club and the NRL will be praying the Dogs pay him quietly or win in court (NRL will have to help the Dogs), this will impact every single Club and team sport basically worldwide!

Penrith brag about the Army training camp (Brisbane too previously) where players are deprived of sleep... Wait till those players who no longer play hear about this and sue also.

Penrith fan

Juniors
What about at the Storm preseason camps where the players literally have to walk over broken glass without sleeping for 3 days.

ouwet

Bench
Based on the report I fully support the guy. It's bullying and intimidation. Exactly what I would have expected from a Gould dominated club. The fact that RL is a game played by blokes doesn't mean you're entitled to deride and physically dominate anyone. These dickheads need to grow-up.

Nathan Brown slapping Trent Barrett and Lance Thompson in public was bullying!

They should've sued.

bazza

Immortal
im sure the past fellas would hate it if topine wins the case, as they went thru a similar hazing, yet learnt from it and became better players, or they could have just sued the club,
or those players never said anything because they wanted to stay in the team and are supporting him in this case

ouwet

Bench
or what about at the Storm where they literally have to walk over broken glass without sleeping for 3 days.

I'm sure every club do something!

Those punishments for being late every club has... FMD Liam Knight hair a few weeks back LOL

bazza

Immortal
Penrith brag about the Army training camp (Brisbane too previously) where players are deprived of sleep... Wait till those players who no longer play hear about this and sue also.
I guess in those scenarios it is the team doing it together rather than management asking the team to pick on one person

ouwet

Bench
I guess in those scenarios it is the team doing it together rather than management asking the team to pick on one person

Even worse! They'll just say no opportunity was given to stop because no one else stopped!
Manly player who died a few years back (RIP) if he stopped what would've happened as punishment? NRL is farked.