What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jackson Topine sues Bulldogs

ouwet

Bench
Yet RFM has no problem at Dragons under Flanno who apparently is a hard trainer.

Not to mention was the captain, If he was garbage why was he captain?

He wasn't captain on field... he was off field captain because he was there the longest, ciraldo realised this guy is ahit and lazy!

St George have played 7 games and he hasn't been anything special at all, wait a little longer!

Iamback

Coach
He wasn't captain on field... he was off field captain because he was there the longest, ciraldo realised this guy is ahit and lazy!

St George have played 7 games and he hasn't been anything special at all, wait a little longer!

So a lazy player is made off field captain?
Off field captains who are the ones to set the standard?

I didn't say he was anything special, What I said was he is playing in the top grade. That doesn't happen if he is lazy

ouwet

Bench
So a lazy player is made off field captain?
Off field captains who are the ones to set the standard?

I didn't say he was anything special, What I said was he is playing in the top grade. That doesn't happen if he is lazy

As I said he was longest surviving player and Ciraldo had just come in.

Players who play in the top grade get punished when they're late. This will effect your club one day if the Dogs lose or the standard of football will drop dramatically cause they cannot train without restrictions.

Dont even try to say this was the 1st time Touma did this and he didn't do it at the Roosters for all those years.... topine is a little bi$ch looking for a payday as he was on the outer.

Iamback

Coach
As I said he was longest surviving player and Ciraldo had just come in.

Players who play in the top grade get punished when they're late. This will effect your club one day if the Dogs lose or the standard of football will drop dramatically cause they cannot train without restrictions.

Dont even try to say this was the 1st time Touma did this and he didn't do it at the Roosters for all those years.... topine is a little bi$ch looking for a payday as he was on the outer.

Dude players are late at every club.

Burton at Penrith for example had to post a topless pic asking for a date on his insta as punishment for being late.

Liam Knight at your club now has bleached hair as a punishment for being late.

Odd game in NSW Cup as punishment. So players are punished all the time in various ways.

Whether this punishment is one common to the sport and 2nd if it is a fair punishment is what is the discussion. IF Touma has done it before easily proven in court

That is what no one knows yet

Vlad59

Juniors
I also think Braith Anasta opinion is meaningless.

He is carrying water for his former club and hasn't played in a decade. The fact that he went to hysterics(this could bring the whole game down), does him a disservice.
I’ll let him know how you feel. I’m sure he’ll reconsider his position. Your opinion means so much and his is meaningless.

Vlad59

Juniors
I can't believe some of you don't have an issue with it.
Depends what it was and how bad it was. A bit of context will help. But as usual a lot of you have made up your minds based on one side of the story which is financially motivated.

Vlad59

Juniors
Agree. There's also 'whistle-blower' protections. If subpoeonaed as a witness you swear an oath to tell the truth and potentially face prosecution if you perjure yourself. If 35 people make false denials, especially if due to intimidation or a code of silence, then the shit will really hit the fan.
Oh the melodrama of it all. Would they even remember the incident and their part in it in any case? This place is turning into sooks ville.

Mojo

Bench
Oh the melodrama of it all. Would they even remember the incident and their part in it in any case? This place is turning into sooks ville.
Court room drama in fact. Answer to your second question is, almost certainly, yes. His taking legal action against the club doesn’t make him a ‘sook’. It’s just a fact that the club now has a serious legal problem to deal with.

Last edited:

ouwet

Bench
Court room drama in fact. Answer to your second question is, almost certainly, yes. His taking legal action against the club doesn’t make him a ‘sook’. It’s just a fact that the club now has a serious legal problem to deal with.
Every club does and sport in general

simmo05

Bench
Depends what it was and how bad it was. A bit of context will help. But as usual a lot of you have made up your minds based on one side of the story which is financially motivated.
The captain of the club at the time had the same opinion didn't he?

skeepe

Immortal
For me the key isn’t that he was made to do extra wrestling. That probably does happen anywhere.

I think the problem starts when he showed signs of physical distress and the trainer allegedly ignored that and made him keep going.

It’s still not that long since Keith Titmuss died after a what was described as an “inappropriately tough” training session. Clubs have a duty of care to their players, I’d argue that ignoring signs of severe physical distress breach that duty in a significant way.

simmo05

Bench
What is your issue with a player participating in wrestling training asked to complete wrestling drills?
Like I said previously there is a line between punishment and abuse. I guess the courts will now decide what that is. I'm sure if the bulldogs are innocent they will fight it out until the death and not settle

simmo05

Bench
For me the key isn’t that he was made to do extra wrestling. That probably does happen anywhere.

I think the problem starts when he showed signs of physical distress and the trainer allegedly ignored that and made him keep going.

It’s still not that long since Keith Titmuss died after a what was described as an “inappropriately tough” training session. Clubs have a duty of care to their players, I’d argue that ignoring signs of severe physical distress breach that duty in a significant way.
He was worked to death

Bazal

Post Whore
Does it have to be unusual to be unlawful? The Dogs might find themselves to be more exposed than they imagine ie; what if it turns out to be unlawful and standard practice?

No it doesn't. But it does mitigate if it's not unusual. Eg if a boss in an office job calls an employee a useless sack of shit that's going to look worse than a tradie doing it on a job site.

I think it's likely to be unusual though. Which doesn't make it unlawful in itself ofc

Latest posts