What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jackson Topine sues Bulldogs

Bazal

Post Whore
Depends what it was and how bad it was. A bit of context will help. But as usual a lot of you have made up your minds based on one side of the story which is financially motivated.

Why are you so hung up on the finances? It's a civil matter that's what it deals with.

If it came out that everything he said was fact, would you disagree with him being compensated?

Bazal

Post Whore
Do you actually think this is some sort of abuse? Nothing in it

Hyperbole doesn't make your point more valid guy. Hazing in any work environment has been considered bullying for twenty years. The only people equating that with abuse are the people spinning their wheels to defend it for some reason

Umina Panther was a better troll. Best stick to scraping barnacles off yachts you can't afford.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Hyperbole doesn't make your point more valid guy. Hazing in any work environment has been considered bullying for twenty years. The only people equating that with abuse are the people spinning their wheels to defend it for some reason

Umina Panther was a better troll. Best stick to scraping barnacles off yachts you can't afford.
Hazing IS completely valid for elite sporting organisations not that this was even that

Bazal

Post Whore
Hazing IS completely valid for elite sporting organisations not that this was even that

And you can obviously point to the legislation exempting professional sporting organisations from workplace health and safety and discrimination laws, I assume

ouwet

Bench
RFM didn't do enough wrestling this week the lazy boy 😂😂, typical lazy effort we saw at the Dogs for years and we accepted, not Ciraldo!

That's the type of sh** we weeded out and he went to weak desperate club!

ouwet

Bench
No it's not. Most major sports specifically ban hazing.

It's not hazing it's training! The weed couldn't handle it, the weed is out!

The dogs are insured so no skin off our nose and the sport of RL suffers if the weed wins... so pray he doesn't.

Maximus

Coach
RFM didn't do enough wrestling this week the lazy boy 😂😂, typical lazy effort we saw at the Dogs for years and we accepted, not Ciraldo!

That's the type of sh** we weeded out and he went to weak desperate club!

The Dragons have won more games this year than the Bulldogs.

Like I said previously there is a line between punishment and abuse. I guess the courts will now decide what that is. I'm sure if the bulldogs are innocent they will fight it out until the death and not settle
I agree with you Simmo, right up until settling is an admission of guilt. Lots of reasons for settling; top of the list is often life is too short…

ouwet

Bench
And yet the "weak desperate club" has still won more games despite having the "lazy shit that needed to be weeded out".
Bro u are getting pumped by a team we beat 3 weeks ago!

You've played the titans, tigers, dolphins You've had an easy draw.

We've played Melbourne, roosters, Cronulla, Parra.

Watch the game bro and your ex Bulldogs pick up RFM, Brown and Flanagan haha

Bazal

Post Whore
I agree with you Simmo, right up until settling is an admission of guilt. Lots of reasons for settling; top of the list is often life is too short…

Court f**ken sucks. Plenty of reason to settle tight there tbh.

Tbh the most common outcome in a civil matter is both sides kinda lose. That's why so many settle, it's meaningless in terms of gauging who was in the right

Apey

Staff member
For me the key isn’t that he was made to do extra wrestling. That probably does happen anywhere.

I think the problem starts when he showed signs of physical distress and the trainer allegedly ignored that and made him keep going.

It’s still not that long since Keith Titmuss died after a what was described as an “inappropriately tough” training session. Clubs have a duty of care to their players, I’d argue that ignoring signs of severe physical distress breach that duty in a significant way.
This is it 100%. Nobody with a brain thinks Dogs are the only club that employ some extra wrestling as a punishment. The way it was allegedly conducted is the crux of the issue. Some people probably didn't bother to read the specifics.

skeepe

Immortal
This is it 100%. Nobody with a brain thinks Dogs are the only club that employ some extra wrestling as a punishment. The way it was allegedly conducted is the crux of the issue. Some people probably didn't bother to read the specifics.
Yep.

Pissants like Braith think that the NRL can’t afford to lose this case. But training and discipline methods can and do change over time.

What the NRL absolutely can’t afford is another Keith Titmuss.

Latest posts