What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jacob loko?

I was excited to see that he may be debuting this week. Any reason this thread has vanished? Anyone confirm if he will be playing?

Cheers

oldmancraigy

Coach
It talked about Humble holding his breath for 20 minutes.

Actually the reason is probably the 'source' - it was claimed that he tweeted he was making his debut. From what I read of that thread, there was no link to the tweet. So it was an unsubstantiated claim.

This thread says he 'may' be making his debut and claims no authoritative stance - so it should be fine I suppose???

SDM

First Grade
Most QLDers can hold their breath for 20 minutes without fear of brain damage.

oldmancraigy

Coach
The telegraph also said a number of times that Loko might make his debut...

Officials claiming he won't play doesn't mean he won't does it?

source: daily telegraph paper copy (can't provide a hyperlink to my newspaper)

SDM

First Grade
The Daily Telegraph I got this morning says he will definitely play

ianlovesparra

Juniors
well he would look silly if he posted it on his facebook and didn't end up playing. good luck to loko on his debut, future star of the game.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I was excited to see that he may be debuting this week. Any reason this thread has vanished? Anyone confirm if he will be playing?

Cheers

it was removed as it could not be sourced by the OP

the telegraph said that eels officals have said loko wont be playing

this is why we ask for material to be sourced

conflicting reports, which one is wrong and which one is correct ?

if its correctly sourced the problem is not ours, if its not sourced we are responsible for what our members post

eels_fan

First Grade

if its correctly sourced the problem is not ours, if its not sourced we are responsible for what our members post

I understand this standpoint when speaking about matters that could possibly lead to defamation etc .. rumours about players doing this and that etc, but surely a rumour about a team selection isnt serious enough to need to be sourced ??

Who cares if someone says he is playing and the club says he is not? It the OP is correct, good on him, if he is not, he looks like a goose. Im usually all for the whole sourcing thing, but reckon deleting posts about team changes is a bit far fetched.

May as well deleted the weekly "We are going to get smashed" posts because if you ask the club, they wont agree that we will lose by 150, 210 or 500 pts.

oldmancraigy

Coach
well he would look silly if he posted it on his facebook and didn't end up playing. good luck to loko on his debut, future star of the game.

assuming that he did post it on his facebook (and that it's even him)

would it have been that hard to link the facebook site?

born an eel

Bench

which brings us back to the team list posted earlier this week,
rules for some.............:?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I understand this standpoint when speaking about matters that could possibly lead to defamation etc .. rumours about players doing this and that etc, but surely a rumour about a team selection isnt serious enough to need to be sourced ??

Who cares if someone says he is playing and the club says he is not? It the OP is correct, good on him, if he is not, he looks like a goose. Im usually all for the whole sourcing thing, but reckon deleting posts about team changes is a bit far fetched.

May as well deleted the weekly "We are going to get smashed" posts because if you ask the club, they wont agree that we will lose by 150, 210 or 500 pts.

everything needs to be sourced

SOURCING MATERIAL
Sourcing material means providing due credit to the ORIGINAL source. If that source has an URL (website) link, then the URL must be included. If no URL is available, then the published reference must be included in the post. Please note that while the member posting the published source is entirely responsible for its validity, the Admin and Mods of LeagueUnlimited may remove any post or source reference at their discretion.

anyone can call themselves Jacob Loko and FB

our rules are pretty black and white when it comes to sourcing material

you'd be surprised why some people contact us to ask us to remove material from our forums

which brings us back to the team list posted earlier this week,
rules for some.............:?

speaking of rules, you should read up on them one day

POSTING PRIVATE MATERIAL
Posting another member's private information without permission is forbidden. This includes photographs, private conversations or private details about another member's circumstances.
There may be exceptions but this is at the discretion of management and depends on the nature of the complaint. This also applies to the reproduction of emails. There is an exception to this guideline in that some members of our team are accredited to post emails received official sources as official media releases. These members are part of our live update team/management.

Hi, I'm management :nwave:

This is why we go to so much extent to ensure we receive press releases from the official sources so that we can reproduce them on our website knowing that they are official media releases, not members emails which cannot be substantiated, unless you would like to go through our accreditation process.

Latest posts