What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jacques Kallis....

Anonymous

Juniors
What a freak. Or is the bowling just the worst of the 21st century?

He scored a century in every test match, backed that up with a century in the first ODI, and to add to that tonight he scored 95 runs not out from 97 balls to fall desperatly short of another.

I'm shaking my head in disbeleif

Anonymous

Juniors
He's on fire. The Windies bowling actually isn't that bad IMO. Is Drakes injured or just dropped? He's their best IMO and he isn't playing.

This is shaping up to be a good one.

Rustay

Juniors
Yep, he is in great form at the moment. Agreed the West Indies attack is far from fearsome, but you still have to score the runs and concentrate just as hard. Most batsmen would have thrown their wicket away once or twice in the series, but he has just kept on taking them to the cleaners.

Anonymous

Juniors
No matter how weak the attack it still takes amazing concentration, fitness, and form to do what he's done.

Iafeta

Referee
Terrific cricketer. Maybe outside of South Africa he might start to get the plaudits he deserves. Any cricketer who averages 40 in ODIs, mid 20s with the ball in ODIs, late 20s with the ball in test cricket and over 50 with the blade in test cricket, as well as being a fine slips fieldsman is a magnificent player. World class. If he were Australian, imagine the rave reviews he would get? If he were Indian, imagine the fans flocking outside his house. Phenomonal achievement.

wittyz chick

Coach
last nite top scored out of both teams even tho they lost by 7 wickets and he was also very sick out there (tho it was bloody hot) drank as much fluid as the man could take and was still sick...and he ended up battling on to make 95 not out :clap: Congratulations Jacques...u hav set the world alight

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I came across this on cricinfo, by S Rajesh the assistant editor of Wisden Cricinfo in India.

J Kallis Batting
V B'Dlesh,Zim,Ind,NZ,WI
Tests: 30 Runs: 3046 Ave 92.30 100's: 11
V Aus, Pak, Eng, SL
Tests: 45 Runs: 2440 Ave 34.86 100's: 4

You guys all rate him very highly. I have stated he does not concern me, the other batsman and bowlers in the RSA side do.

salivor

First Grade
I saw that on cricinfo as well but those stats try to imply that he doesn't play well against the better nations which I think is wrong.
New Zealand have consistantly been among the top 3 or 4 test sides for the last 5 years or so now while England are pretty damn average these days, Pakistan haven't been lethal for a number of years now and are currently in a rebuilding phase and Sri Lanka are tough on home soil but like all sub continent sides, struggle away from home. As for Australia, what South African has performed well against them in recent years, at least Kallis is a decent player of spin unlike a few of his team mates.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
He is probably the best player in the world at the moment.

He bowls, fields and bats well.

I know there is gonna be an argument about this but he does everything good.

Like say you say Laxman is because he got few hundreds but he doesn't bowl.

salivor

First Grade
The thing that I find amazing about Kallas and his bowling is that he's a genuine top order batsman and bats at either 3rd or 4th in both forms of the game. Most all rounders in the game are middle to lower order batsmen yet Kallas can bat at the top and bowl pace at first change and I've even seen him open the bowling a couple of times. That takes incredible talent and fitness.

Anonymous

Juniors
Mr Angry said:
I came across this on cricinfo, by S Rajesh the assistant editor of Wisden Cricinfo in India.

J Kallis Batting
V B'Dlesh,Zim,Ind,NZ,WI
Tests: 30 Runs: 3046 Ave 92.30 100's: 11
V Aus, Pak, Eng, SL
Tests: 45 Runs: 2440 Ave 34.86 100's: 4

You guys all rate him very highly. I have stated he does not concern me, the other batsman and bowlers in the RSA side do.

Ummmm, what's your point? He's done better against some teams than others?? Jeez, that's amazing :roll:

It's obvious you have something against Kallis, which is crazy.

Anonymous

Juniors
There are 10 test playing nations, and to disregard a players record because of differing results between two groups, I think is foolish.

Doctor

Bench
Kallis career is like any other batsman - some teams statistically have the better of some batsmen.

Steve Waugh struggled against Pakistan for some reason - VVS Laxman also has his patches of brilliance, usually against Australia.

Kallis is a talented batsmen though - if anyone can find a better batting allrounder in world cricket then I'd like to know who it is.

Anonymous

Juniors
He's a strong contender for the best batsman in the world (I think he's behind Tendulkar, Dravid, Hayden, Ponting and Lara) and his bowling over an extended period would get him into some test sides even if he was a tail ender.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Thierry Henry said:
Ummmm, what's your point?
Hmmmmmm.......
Jaques Kallis thread, found an article relating to Jaques Kallis and thought it worth discussion. :roll: Should I seek your approval before posting in a Kallis thread? :?

Sorry I will try to stay off topic.

Thierry Herny is a crap soccer player and a pratt.

aqua_duck

Coach
Jacques Kallis is a freak, simple as that, superb batsman and very good bowler, every single team would love to have him in their line up.