What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jai Field to Sharks

Wittenberg

Juniors
Agree that's what we are developing for NRL. Need something like Sam Burgess who goes for the head which is legal again.
I look at AFB at Manly and I think that is the type of ratbag our pack needs. A turkey though, but an intimidating turkey who will get better and better. Pity it ended the way it did for him with us, but as I said, a turkey.

Tbh, when I've watched Canterbury Cup I've been more impressed with Sailor and Clune and he didn't exactly grab his (limited) First Grade opportunities with both hands.

I doubt that he'll be displacing Johnson, Moylan or Townsend so I wish him all the best in his future endeavours at Newtown.

Pity we couldn't have done a deal with the Scum for Kurt Capewell.

Mark D

Juniors
Wish him well... not too concerned about this one... use whatever we pay him to get Nene back

getsmarty

Immortal
Aussie Jai Field emerges as possible target for Leeds Rhinos
AUSTRALIAN BACK Jai Field is a potential target for Leeds Rhinos, but only one of several possible options.

By Peter Smith

Wednesday, 25th December 2019, 12:10 pm
QVNIMTEyODA2MDEy.jpg

Jai Field in action for St George Illawarra Dragons.
Field, 22, is a free-agent after being released by St George-Illawarra.

He can play in the outside-backs or as a pivot and Leeds have been made aware of his availability.

“He is a player I know from my time at St George,” said Rhinos boss Richard Agar who spent the 2017 season on the NRL club’s backroom staff.

QVNIMTEyODA2MDEx.jpg

“We have got a good rating on him, we think he is a good young player with a lot of years in front of him.

“Tentatively we have spoken to his agent, but at this time we haven’t got a [overseas quota] spot.”

Leeds’ Australian-born forward Rhyse Martin has applied for a Papua New Guinea passport and if that is granted it will – combined with the departure of Nathaniel Peteru earlier in pre-season – open up a quota space.

But Agar insisted they have yet to make a firm decision on who they want to bring in.

“We have got to weigh up what’s the best fit for our squad in terms of positions,” he added.

“We think we need a utility-back and he [Field] would certainly fill that bill, but we also think we need a middle forward too.

“We will make that decision when the spot comes and it might be a different decision in two weeks’ time to what it is today.”

Only one of Leeds’ four new signings, scrum-half Luke Gale, has been named in the starting lineup for tomorrow’s Wetherby Whaler Festive Challenge against Wakefield Trinity at Emerald Headingley. Hooker Kruise Leeming (knee) and second-row Alex Mellor (groin), have been ruled out by injury.

Australian prop Matt Prior is due to arrive before the new year, in time for a warm weather training camp in Spain.

He could make his debut in Jamie Jones’ testimonial game – which is also a benefit for Rob Burrow – at home to Bradford Bulls on Sunday, January 12.

The departure of marquee recruit Trent Merrin, along with nine other players who featured for the first team in 2019, has left Rhinos with space on their salary cap, but the club have insisted they are prepared to wait for the right player to become available rather than rush into a signing.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co...-emerges-possible-target-leeds-rhinos-1349412

BLM01

First Grade
Aussie Jai Field emerges as possible target for Leeds Rhinos
AUSTRALIAN BACK Jai Field is a potential target for Leeds Rhinos, but only one of several possible options.

By Peter Smith

Wednesday, 25th December 2019, 12:10 pm
QVNIMTEyODA2MDEy.jpg

Field, 22, is a free-agent after being released by St George-Illawarra.

He can play in the outside-backs or as a pivot and Leeds have been made aware of his availability.

“He is a player I know from my time at St George,” said Rhinos boss Richard Agar who spent the 2017 season on the NRL club’s backroom staff.

QVNIMTEyODA2MDEx.jpg

“We have got a good rating on him, we think he is a good young player with a lot of years in front of him.

“Tentatively we have spoken to his agent, but at this time we haven’t got a [overseas quota] spot.”

Leeds’ Australian-born forward Rhyse Martin has applied for a Papua New Guinea passport and if that is granted it will – combined with the departure of Nathaniel Peteru earlier in pre-season – open up a quota space.

But Agar insisted they have yet to make a firm decision on who they want to bring in.

“We have got to weigh up what’s the best fit for our squad in terms of positions,” he added.

“We think we need a utility-back and he [Field] would certainly fill that bill, but we also think we need a middle forward too.

“We will make that decision when the spot comes and it might be a different decision in two weeks’ time to what it is today.”

Only one of Leeds’ four new signings, scrum-half Luke Gale, has been named in the starting lineup for tomorrow’s Wetherby Whaler Festive Challenge against Wakefield Trinity at Emerald Headingley. Hooker Kruise Leeming (knee) and second-row Alex Mellor (groin), have been ruled out by injury.

Australian prop Matt Prior is due to arrive before the new year, in time for a warm weather training camp in Spain.

He could make his debut in Jamie Jones’ testimonial game – which is also a benefit for Rob Burrow – at home to Bradford Bulls on Sunday, January 12.

The departure of marquee recruit Trent Merrin, along with nine other players who featured for the first team in 2019, has left Rhinos with space on their salary cap, but the club have insisted they are prepared to wait for the right player to become available rather than rush into a signing.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co...-emerges-possible-target-leeds-rhinos-1349412
Of course Agar would be interested after his cameo year at the Dragons. He also recommended Williame to us...god help us.
To what some people tell me..he would be as good a coach as Mary if not worse.
He has not set anything on fire prior in the SL.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Of course Agar would be interested after his cameo year at the Dragons. He also recommended Williame to us...god help us.
To what some people tell me..he would be as good a coach as Mary if not worse.
He has not set anything on fire prior in the SL.

How dare you impugn the credentials of a former French national coach!

Dragonsamy

Bench
If he goes to,ESL he will go well.
Is more emphasis on attacking football than there is on defensive football in the English Super League