1. We're currently experiencing some severe and unexpected problems with our server. We're working on it, and we thank you for your patience. In the meantime, visit https://leagueunlimited.com for all your news and updates, or check us out on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Out Now: The Front Row rugby league magazine

LeagueUnlimited.com is proud to launch a brand new weekly publication to accompany your footy weekend.

This week, Joshua Wells speaks with injured Canterbury forward Joe Stimson as he works his way toward an NRL return next season, and we have a big double spread of the Rugby League Project's 'Rugby League Scorigami!

EDITION 6 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Jai Field

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by hewi, Jun 30, 2020 at 7:25 PM.

1. hewi

hewi Juniors

If there is another post going my apologies. Has been selected by Parramatta to replace Moses, I hope he kills it. Best of luck here’s hoping a decent coach can bring the best out of you.

2. hazzbeen

hazzbeen Bench

Yea could have used now , piss off Norman Could have played him ...

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020 at 9:11 PM
  3. JohnnoMcJohnno

JohnnoMcJohnno Juniors

Yeah, saw that. Interested to see how he goes under another coach. Always felt he was unfairly maligned by following McGregor's instructions.

4. possm

possm Coach

I'll wait and see how he goes but yes we should get rid of Norman and Hunt unless the new coach says he can do something with them. If I was coach, I'd drop both the reserve grade and tell their manager they will stay there. Find them a new home at no cost to us or they will stay there until the end of their contract.

5. Dorothy the Winowhore

Dorothy the Winowhore Juniors

Still a chance Field wont play. Possibly Dylan Brown halfback with Takaraingi 5/8

BLM01 and blacksafake like this.
  6. Belta

Belta Juniors

I wish him the best luck. It could go two ways. With parra currently on top if they drop a few games he will be heavily criticised, however if he gets on the back of a series of wins his confidence could sky rocket. Huge opportunity but very hard to fill in for Moses who was in career best form and one of the top halfbacks of the opening rounds.

Field to me has a lot of ups and was used poorly by us. He has great speed and evasiveness, a very good passing game, possibly even better than Dufty and I thought his defence was much improved in the last few games he featured with us. Very keen to see how he goes.

7. BLM01

BLM01 Bench

Field cant defend..nor can he stay switched on for 80....but then again that is how he performed at the Dragons under our world renowned brand of high expectations and excellence
    Parra...well..Brad Arthur...maybe...just maybe

redandwhite4evr, Gareth67 and jak like this.
  8. muzby

muzby Village Idiot Staff Member

Have parra made any other changes to their side or should I go check the eels forum?

9. Dragonsamy

Dragonsamy Bench

Another great contribution by you Muzby.
    While your over at the Parra forum why don't you do us all a favour and stay there.

jak and Overseas dragon like this.
  10. Overseas dragon

Overseas dragon Juniors

Orange eels yes I like it

Dragonsamy and jak like this.
  11. Forbes Creek Dragons

Forbes Creek Dragons Juniors

I agree, he’s very slick. All he needs is to put on a few kegs and he will go fine. If we had an experienced game managing 7 to help bring him along who knows what he could have been after a few pre seasons.

Dragon David and Dragonsamy like this.
  12. muzby

muzby Village Idiot Staff Member

Please stick to talking footy Samy.

13. Dragonslayer

Dragonslayer First Grade

Very curious to see how Field goes in this game. Touted as only a touch footy player when he was with us, it will be interesting to see how Arthur has changed his game. Given he's basically been selected as Moses's understudy you'd expect to see a far improved player then when he was with us.

Dragon David and Dragonsamy like this.
  14. Forbes Creek Dragons

Forbes Creek Dragons Juniors

At least he has a mentor there, unlike with us.

blacksafake likes this.
  15. Dragonsamy

Dragonsamy Bench

I don't think he( jai) will start but good luck to him.
    Nobody believe you anymore everybody knows you only one here to cause trouble so give up

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020 at 9:29 AM
  16. Dragonsamy

Dragonsamy Bench

Still laughing

17. giboz71

giboz71 First Grade

I thought Garrick was absolute rubbish when he left here, and he goes ok now.

Will be curious to see how Field goes now he doesn’t have a handbrake that was a our coach.

Didn’t really show anything when he played FG, was very hesitant much like Dufty has been on occasion. Given the confidence Dylan Brown plays with as such a young age, perhaps Arthur has instilled some in Field?

18. The calm one

The calm one Juniors

Do you honestly think it worries them if they play reserve grade. Dosen't affect their pay packet

19. Brutalitops

Brutalitops Juniors

Hunt would go fine under a new coach imo. You can see even at rep level he improves.

Norman though? I just don't buy it from him. He seems to have attitude problems for days

20. hazzbeen

hazzbeen Bench

The guys a show pony(Norman) , I haven't seen him dig deep , or try and tough it out .... At least Hunt will have a go ..... And it is really showing up now how much work , and always around the ball and effort Widdop put it ....

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020 at 12:02 PM
    Dragonsamy and hewi like this.