What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jake Clifford - Nathan Fein 2.0

Clifford showed promising signs with the Cowboys. Probably lacked some consistency and particularly didn’t suit playing alongside Morgan (too similar?).
Both Morgan and Clifford are running halves with a strong body frame, around 100kg. Neither of them are up to organising a team.

Hammer Time

Juniors
Vee said Fein took us to a GF in 2004. I corrected him by pointing out we lost to Roosters in the Preliminary final in 2004, in a tight game where Simpkins refused to allow us to set a scrum on the Roosters' goalline, despite there being time on the clock. Simpkins was a poor referee and I believe he was biased. The Manly vs NQ game in 2012 was the icing on the cake to prove it.

How about this part of the game?

Grapple

Bench
I'm not sure why Nathan Fein deserved to be dragged into this. Don't see the comparison at all.

Not a fan of Clifford. Seems bog standard for mine. He's good enough, but doesn't strike me as a bloke who would speak up and take charge. Think that's really what Newcastle are missing in their backs.

zombiebloodlust

Juniors
Nathan Fien who had his ankle crushed in round 1 of the 2010 NRL season only to return 5 months later, ultimately scoring a fiendishly* clever try in the Dragons grand final victory, and then a month or so later score the winning try for the Kiwis in the final minute of the Four Nations final against Australia? Big shoes for Jakey Clifford to fill there

*intended

firechild

First Grade
Vee said Fein took us to a GF in 2004. I corrected him by pointing out we lost to Roosters in the Preliminary final in 2004, in a tight game where Simpkins refused to allow us to set a scrum on the Roosters' goalline, despite there being time on the clock. Simpkins was a poor referee and I believe he was biased. The Manly vs NQ game in 2012 was the icing on the cake to prove it.
Can't believe you lot have been whining about this for 10 years. NQ scored off a forward pass and Manly scored from a knock on. Manly won, get over it.

firechild

First Grade
The referees have deliberately awarded a few games to Manly against the Cowboys. There was one where Foran ran a deliberate shepherd to score and Luke Patten gave it the green light in the bunker.
JJB-Tinfoil-Cowboy-Hat-Cover.jpg