What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jake Marketo

The Nick

Bench
His performances may have been going unnoticed but personally I have been enjoying Jake Marketo's contribution to our game, I think bringing him on in the 65th minute to help close out the game with high intensity has been a coaching masterstroke.

Someone commented in another thread that he hadn't been making a huge impact off the bench, but personally I've noticed the opposite, especially in a tight game like yesterday against the Roosters. The last 10 minutes can be extremely nerve racking, but I've noticed Jake really keep the middle tight with some enthusiastic defense, really helping us lift that extra bit to close out the game.

interested to know other people's thoughts.

dragonsman4eva

Juniors
I completely agree with you. He has been a welcome addition to our side and I love the way he plays. Will be interesting to see if he keeps his spot when Friz comes back.

St Tangles

Bench
Watching him yesterday hes bigger than I thought.
To me he makes buying someone like Docker unnecessary.

His performances may have been going unnoticed but personally I have been enjoying Jake Marketo's contribution to our game, I think bringing him on in the 65th minute to help close out the game with high intensity has been a coaching masterstroke.

Someone commented in another thread that he hadn't been making a huge impact off the bench, but personally I've noticed the opposite, especially in a tight game like yesterday against the Roosters. The last 10 minutes can be extremely nerve racking, but I've noticed Jake really keep the middle tight with some enthusiastic defense, really helping us lift that extra bit to close out the game.

interested to know other people's thoughts.
hes certainly making the most of his second chance!does anyone know why we let him go to begin with?

So when friz is back who would you drop to keep jake in the team? Cause Mathews has done more in two games than he has contributed just facts a second rower only playing a maximum of 15 mins is a waste just my opinion I just can't see him in the team when friz is back unless we use him as a utility but that is doubtful, I am a fan of jakes so don't think I'm hating on him I just think what Mathews has brought to the team since friz has been out has been a massive impact an to think we will have friz back with Mathews off the bench crunching blokes a bit worn an torn from opening play either way man it's a good headache to have, it's a good feeling having so many players in form compared to what we have had the past few years

TheRev

First Grade
its 1 spare forward.. Marketo will be included back into the squad soon enough.

Fritz, Thommo & Merrin all playing rep footy also, so lets pray for no injuries...

How so is it we have one decent forward? Big George dos pretty well for us Rory didn't exactly set the world on fire but certainly did not blow his chance young atg has plent of promise an let's hope addin gets back soon as he has plenty of promise an now his court case is done he should be back training
It's good to see friz an tommo selected also hopefully they go another level with a little taste of rep footy knowing they are in the minds of blues selectors an with Gallen bird Lewis ect all on the verge of retiring from rep footy or being over looked

An I will correct what I first said if anyone misinterprets what I meant, I'm not saying we have all star forwards im saying its great to see them all playing well above there weight.

gangsouci

Juniors
Here i was thinking your full stop key was broken, but then you pull it out at the very last minute.

Dragon Blood

Juniors
What a good problem to have?? Who would have thought to debate what forward to leave out of the side 6 or 7 weeks ago?

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Marketo has been fantastic and plays with alot of heart. With Friz coming back Marketo will probably get dropped but I am sure he will be back in as soon as any injury occurs to a forward. Credit to Will Matthews for his great performance to push him ahead of Marketo becuase Marketo has been playing well and it took a good performance to push him donw the pecking order.