What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JAM - AMNRL star to line up for the Windies

yakstorm

First Grade
American National Rugby League (AMNRL) star, Hayden James will be the second player from the America’s region to fly across and participate in this weekend’s clash between South African and the Windies at New River Stadium.

Hayden, who plays for the New York Knights in the Lincoln Conference of the AMNRL competition has already joined the primarily British based squad and will play in the forwards for the representative side in the historical clash.

Hayden James has already played internationals for the American Tomahawks in Rugby League, however this will be the first time he can play for the region he is originally from.

To see Hayden James and the rest of the West Indies squad in action this weekend get down to New River Stadium in London as part of an international double header in the English capital. First match is between London City and Dublin Town at 1:15pm, whilst the match between the Windies and South Africa will take place at 3:00pm. To find out more visit the West Indies website at www.wirlf.com

roopy

Referee
There are a few West Indian players in the American comp. One is about 50 years old and 130+ kg and calls himself the Jamacian love god.
I think the two teams should play each other as soon as possible - maybe the Tomahawks would like an off season trip to the West Indies rather than Australia in 2006. I know where I'd rather go.

coldhardbitch

Juniors
this west indies team/comp is becoming very impressive. it seems well promoted and directed, and it seems the people are taking to it.
if thery get television coverage, i have no doubt it could becomee a premier sport in the islands (behind cricket of course)

roopy

Referee
I just read in the latest RLR that new Knights signing Dane Campbell is in London helping train the West Indies and thought about joining the NJ Sharks when he was 'between clubs' early this season.
Having the guy who will be understudy to Andrew Johns next season connected with the international development sides is a very positive thing in my book.

Fampa

Juniors
Congrats to Dane on his signing with Newcastle. I hope this gives him a bit more 'pull' when it comes to gathering assistance for his project in the Windies.

YANTO

Juniors
Dane has been very connected to the Windies team from the start and it was a great (but pleasent) suprise to see that it was the same guy who is signing for the Knights.

Loser

Juniors
roopy said:
There are a few West Indian players in the American comp. One is about 50 years old and 130+ kg and calls himself the Jamacian love god.
I think the two teams should play each other as soon as possible - maybe the Tomahawks would like an off season trip to the West Indies rather than Australia in 2006. I know where I'd rather go.

Thats "TLG" T for Trinidad aka Hayden James

Latest posts