What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Maloney sacked

Craigshark

First Grade
It won’t phase him, he’l probably move back to Sydney and jag another job with a Sydney club.

agree with BBB though, something doesn’t seem right.

DJDL

First Grade
I daresay that there is a little more to this than a DUI. Whether it's something else that has happened beforehand, or they aren't happy with his service, I'm not sure, but it has a smell about them wanting him gone and this was their out.

Was going to post similar:
TLDR: "There's our excuse. See ya".

Low range too, 0.08

Queensland Police sent a statement to Wide World of Sports.

"At around 6:30pm on August 30, police intercepted a vehicle at a static roadside breath test site on Boundary Street, Railway Estate. It is alleged the driver, a 38-year-old Idalia man, returned a positive breath alcohol concentration of 0.08," it said.

0a156a39801e9c8759fd6167a0e11805a2fa6409

North Queensland Cowboys assistant coach James Maloney with head coach Todd Payten. Getty

"The man was charged with one count of driving over the legal alcohol limit but not over the middle alcohol limit.

"He is due to appear in the Townsville Magistrates Court on September 24."

A contrite Maloney spoke to News Corp about the incident.

"I'm disappointed, what can I say," Maloney told News Corp.

"It was only a low range charge, it wasn't excessively over.

"But the club's position was that in my role as a leader and in coaching, it wasn't acceptable.

"I've got no ill-will towards the Cowboys

Latest posts