What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Tamou

Spot On

Coach
How's James Tamou been travelling since he's been with the Panthers? I read his first game was a shocker.

I think there will be alot of expectations on him this year because he is on some serious coin. He has gone under the radar with all the talk of Daly Cherry-Evans, Jason Taylor, and Ben Hunt, but there were murmurs that his formed dropped at the end of last season after he signed to go to Penrith. He also was overlooked last year for Australia for the Four Nations tournament.

Trent Merrin really took a good half a season to find his feet at Penrith. Martin Kennedy and Adam Blair signed big deals with the Broncos and the Tigers and never found their feet at all. It will be interesting to see how Tamou holds up.

I would have thought more than enough opinion on this bloke had been shared in the forum the past 3 years, especially in the Origin threads.

He's on massive overs at Penrith. That's an obvious statement.

He should never get another NSW jumper based on his performances. They have not been good enough. If that's the standard NSW are after then continue to enjoy the losses.

Hats off to Meninga for finding blokes who want to wear the Aussie jumper and don't just talk the talk.

mxlegend99

Referee
Well he hasnt been all that noticeable really. His average stats after 3 rounds are:

11 hit ups
113m gained
30.3 tackles
0.7 missed tackles
1 error
0.3 offloads

Far from impressive... and sadly he has our best stats so far. But 3 rounds in its a tad early to judge him. Merrin wasnt at his best until midseason last year either. Our whole team has been underperforming

Latest posts