What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jamie lyon

Hellsy

Immortal
eeelectroshooting? said:
i believe that in any sport you can represent you country irrespective of where you live, and in this case which competition you play in.

but thats not saying i want lyon in the team.
i just think it'd be fair if he was selected.

Yup.

Its not fair to say that a player that goes to England/France can't play for Australia, they haven't turned their back on their country.
He should be allowed to be selected IMO, and if he is good enuf he should be selected

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
He have been the best in the world, but playing of Wee Wah and ESL, he aint really goona reach those dizzy heights again till he plays NRL.

Last I saw him he looked like a slug out of its shell.

parra pete

Referee
He should not be selected. He should not have been allowed to play for Wee Waa. He should be in court for breach of contract...the same as Parramatta would have been if it had reneged on its side of the contract. RLW got it wrong.Simon Woolford is a good bloke, Jamie Lyon is THE SOOK of the Century

i think a lot of the top centres going around are lacking the ability (or at least dont often do it) to skillfully put boot to ball. that was something lyon was really good at.

I got massively excited seeing tahu give it a go in the game he got injured in. hopefully a sign of things to come.

Clarkieel

Juniors
i say stuff him why let him play for australia he is the opposite of what aussies are all about!! and not playing in a comp such as the NRL his form is down on what it was when he was the best centre

number8

Juniors
He's not a QLDer so he is no chance. Those type honours are reserved for the A Langers & D Smiths of our game. If he were a Tonie Carroll He'd be a shoe in no matter where he was!

Gasnier, King for mine with Guru & Tahu on the flanks. No room for the cat anyway.

Phillips

Referee
Leasa said:
i say stuff him why let him play for australia he is the opposite of what aussies are all about!! and not playing in a comp such as the NRL his form is down on what it was when he was the best centre

:lol:

sorry, even though people (mainy parra fans) may dislike him, theres no doubting that he is STILL the worlds best centre

so far for Saints he has 14 tries and 22 goals...not too shabby

number8

Juniors
eeelectroshooting? said:
i think a lot of the top centres going around are lacking the ability (or at least dont often do it) to skillfully put boot to ball. that was something lyon was really good at.
Yeah remember that time he placed one perfectly down the sideline to win us a GF in the final seconds \\\\:D/ .

Oh wait that one was sh*t [-( ............Hang on let me think.

:-k

Nope, nothing.

stuke

Bench
the NRL will not choose him to represent Australia while he plays in the ESL. the threat the ESL poses of poaching our top players due to the massive amounts of money they can throw at the Aussie players will be enough to stop the NRL from doing it. the one major thing they can hold on the players is the removal of rep honours if they make the move.
i know that it has happened with Darren Smith but that was an exceptional circumstance and Chris Anderson didn't last much longer in the position of coach.

Bigfella

Coach
Lyon is the best centre of his generation. Only Gasnier at his best can get near him. They would be the ultimate combination. Critics in England are calling him the best centre ever seen in ESL (which i take it is only the last 8-9 years). I agree though that as a matter of policy he should not be picked - it is one of the only barriers we have to stopping guys going over there for bigger $$$ - except the prestige and lifestyle advantages.