What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jamie Russo

Ari Gold

Bench
Anyone know what happened to this player? Played NRL a few seasons back and played for burleigh last year.

Nfed

Juniors
Jamie Russo is playing for Wyong in the Newcastle comp. This year Wyong have quite a few that played 1st grade. Paul Stringer is captain-coach, also Julian O'Neill, Dane Morgan, Troy Pezet and Dean Amos.

Jamie's cousin Chris Smith is playing his 7th season with my side, the Sydney Bulls in the Jim Beam Cup.

D

Deleted member 10972

How is big Charlie Farah & your other big props going Nfed?

Nfed

Juniors
Charlie Farah is one of the 9 players from the Bulls that played both JBC and Premier League last year. He played about 15 games for the Bulldogs last year but played in both grades for last 5 rounds so he could qualify for the Bulls in the finals.

He has played the first 4 rounds in Premier League this year and had a run in 1st grade during the trials so we dont expect to see him in a Bulls jersey this year.

Fred Briggs was the other prop and arguably Man of the match in the Grand Final. He played the last round in P/L last year and has also played for the Bulldogs in the first 4 games this year.

Mad Goanna

Juniors
Nfed said:
Jamie Russo is playing for Wyong in the Newcastle comp. This year Wyong have quite a few that played 1st grade. Paul Stringer is captain-coach, also Julian O'Neill, Dane Morgan, Troy Pezet and Dean Amos.

Jamie's cousin Chris Smith is playing his 7th season with my side, the Sydney Bulls in the Jim Beam Cup.

Russo played 6 for Wyong in the first round and was apparently oustanding(O'Neill 7) but got moved to 13, O'Neill to 6 and Pezet to 7 when Pez returned. O'Neill has since gone to the centres so I'm assuming Russo is back at 6

Wilco

Juniors
I sure hope not. He was bunkum at Souths (the only team he played first grade for) and looking at our rosters for the last couple of seasons, that was no suprise.

Wilco

Juniors
Sanchez said:
what about for other teams surely theres place at least in the top 25 of a team

If he ever plays in the NRL he will actually have to learn to pass, kick or run. He could do none of these things at a competent level when he was at Souths. I would really be skeptical of any club who signed him.

Ari Gold

Bench
Dkos said:
I sure hope not. He was bunkum at Souths (the only team he played first grade for) and looking at our rosters for the last couple of seasons, that was no suprise.

:lol: He played for 3 NRL clubs, Roosters, Eels and Souths.....

and thanks Nfed for the reply. :cool:

Wilco

Juniors
I have looked into it; he started at Parramatta, then went to Souths and played his only first grade football there, then moved to Canberra midseason and played about 4 premier league games.

He then disappeared to the Qld Cup.

Spike

First Grade
Look harder. He started at the Roosters where he played a few first grade games. He then went to Parramatta at the same time Dean Widders did. He then went to Souths then on to Canberra.

Mad Goanna

Juniors
Tore his quad or groin playing for Wyong yesterday while he was kicking off. Had a bit of practise for the day as well. Scored a good try after great leadup work by Paul Stringer.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Dkos said:
I have looked into it; he started at Parramatta, then went to Souths and played his only first grade football there, then moved to Canberra midseason and played about 4 premier league games.

He then disappeared to the Qld Cup.

:lol: Don't let facts get in the way of a good story champ!

He was a Marcellin College Junior and played his junior footy for the Roosters...so therefore started at the roosters not parra...way off the mark there!

Latest posts