What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jamie Soward Released

Jeffles

Bench
The rumour mill was right with this one. Jamie Soward has been released to play for St George Illawarra. I wish him all the best. Though he wished he played more first grade, he put in a stack of great performances in the Royal Blue and contributed immensely to the success of recent times.

I'm sure we'll all miss him - and his Mum...

Skinner

Coach
Gee, I hope he gets a real go with the Dragons.

He's a top player and he deserves every success. The Jets will miss him alright.

The joys of supporting a team in the second division huh? Both our halves in a space of a couple of weeks, good luck to him but this is a bit depressing to be honest.

Die-Hard p/t Jet Fan said:
The joys of supporting a team in the second division huh? Both our halves in a space of a couple of weeks, good luck to him but this is a bit depressing to be honest.

There is nothing to be depressed about....

Neither of them played on Saturday when we flogged the Sharks at the swap, so that goes to show there is life within the 'bags without those two.

Sorry to see Soward leave, as he always tried hard when played well for us, but you can't begrudge him (or Lewis) for wanting to further their careers.

Bring on the Knights - Go you Jets!

Dont tell me how to feel!!!

Anyway I might kick you in the nuts on saturday, I am pretty sure that will cure my blues :lol:

Hang on... I'm not Brendo... You should be reserving that pleasure for him!

jilliby kitty

Juniors
The right of reply

Concerning my ejection form this forum last week I would like to state my case as I was not allowed to last week publicly

(1) the story I posted was deleted for the reason that my story was somehow untrue .i gave my source as sky news obviously the moderator failed to check this before acting . as it was directly supported by the tele 5/3/007 pages 2 ANTI TERROR UNIT,,,,”

(2) to this end the judgement and impartiality of Diablo must be questioned. the said moderator deleted the post without any notification. then proceeded to delete other posts.Asking why? While saying nothing .if this is moderators “BEST PRACTICE” then say so and we can all leave this place to the thumpers

(3) there was clamed to be a plethora of notification .this is untrue .i received
messages. email notification basically only saying “you got a private messages” most
of these Messages were in reply to me asking first if I was visible then asking who
was deleting my posts. 4 or 5 Hours later Diablo finally mailed that he was the
coward deleting posts without notification

(4)as I was finding every thing I said being deleted by the alleged coward I proceeded to
post sarcastic comments at the end of posts with the intention of pissing off the said
coward .but as there is a time component in the site that interrupts this a flooding it
boot my arse as a consequence

(5) at the time I was truly ropable. I had returned from watching parra choke .and in fine
Spirts, Was looking forward to a little word play. had the alleged coward reported his
dubious deeds I would have acknowledged it and moved on but as he neither did this
nor indicated that he was deleting posts .i keep asking to the point where I called the
alleged coward a “gutless c” .i don’t retract this .and say to the shrieking princesses.
buy a box of tissues .
in the words of john singleton “people who don’t use words like f & c shouldn’t
be playing rugby league”(here here) and as this is still and RL I’ll live with that

(6) the agenda now is Diablo should come forward and give reason why he act so ineptly.
Was he goaded into doing this by a third party ?did he act alone in so should surrender
his moderating privileges as this is clearly beyond his capabilities

Just quietly

Jilliby kitty

bluebagger

Juniors
I'm disappointed that Newtown lost Lewis & Soward. I think it shows poor management from the Roosters. On last years form Lewis was so far in front of Pearce it wasn't funny. I think that Lewis & Soward should have been given more opportunities in first grade. Mind you it is tough being a half back behind a team that is losing. You could not fault Soward's endeavour he certainly put in when he played for Newtown.
I'm a bit perplexed by the Roosters . Does Chris Anderson even go to watch Newtown play ? At least Ricky Stuart used to show up @ Henson Park. Surely with the Roosters on a losing streak Lewis or Soward could have been given more opportunity to play in the top grade. As a result Newtown lose two quality players instead of one. Another puzzling decision by Roosters was to trial Mitch Aubudsson @ 5/8 anyone who has seen him play knows he wouldn't make a decent 5/8. He runs hard without looking to onload surely they are not attributes that a 5/8 displays. His defence is great is suited more to the forwards or in the centre.
Anyway whoever dons the blue jersey I will still support the mighty Bluebags.

2 True Blues

Coach
bluebagger said:
I'm disappointed that Newtown lost Lewis & Soward. I think it shows poor management from the Roosters. On last years form Lewis was so far in front of Pearce it wasn't funny. I think that Lewis & Soward should have been given more opportunities in first grade. Mind you it is tough being a half back behind a team that is losing. You could not fault Soward's endeavour he certainly put in when he played for Newtown.
I'm a bit perplexed by the Roosters . Does Chris Anderson even go to watch Newtown play ? At least Ricky Stuart used to show up @ Henson Park. Surely with the Roosters on a losing streak Lewis or Soward could have been given more opportunity to play in the top grade. As a result Newtown lose two quality players instead of one. Another puzzling decision by Roosters was to trial Mitch Aubudsson @ 5/8 anyone who has seen him play knows he wouldn't make a decent 5/8. He runs hard without looking to onload surely they are not attributes that a 5/8 displays. His defence is great is suited more to the forwards or in the centre.
Anyway whoever dons the blue jersey I will still support the mighty Bluebags.

I also beleive they should have been given a run. Did you watch SOWARD play for saints on FOX the other night. He was in every point they scored, and polished it off with a field goal. Roosters give him a run, then they win an NRL game. Then his next game gives a struggling for wooden spoon Saints a win as well. :crazy:

And blind Freddy could see that we would have lost them. This is similar to Sharks when they were struggling to make the eight, and they release players the quality of Merritt, ( and even Campbell for the matter who went on to win a Penrith Grandfinal and dally M after his release ). Fricken madness BB43, but you could see it coming.
:crazy:

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
Good to see both lewis and soward CAN kick field goals.

Take wound add salt, then some lemon and finish it off with a dash of tobasco!
:lol: well said......

Latest posts