What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jamie Soward's kicking game.

league

Juniors
said it a couple of days ago, best long kicking game in the NRL. By far. Quite easily. It's Ridiculous how good it was on Friday night.

66 kicks for 2500 metres. Wow.

aussie_q_factor

Juniors
Sowards kicking game on Friday night was superb. Had the broncos on the back foot all night.

Definitely one of the reasons why St George chalked up a win IMO.

Wallace and Lockyer's kicking game was poor. Straight down the fullbacks throat all night.

gregstar

Referee
bloward's good kicking game was as a result of the forwards out-muscling their opponents.

this created space & time because the chesspieces were knackered.

the fowards were directly responsible for bloward's kicking game.

mongoose

Coach
said it a couple of days ago, best long kicking game in the NRL. By far. Quite easily. It's Ridiculous how good it was on Friday night.

by far? i think campese has a bigger boot than soward, todd carney does as well for that matter.

petetheileet

First Grade
bigger boot, obviously yes. But not more accurate.

I would really doubt anyone in NRL History has found as much grass as Jamie has in the last 3 weeks.

and that many meters as well!

really quite amazing

Drew-Sta

Staff member

I would really doubt anyone in NRL History has found as much grass as Jamie has in the last 3 weeks.

really quite amazing

I love Soward.

But Ricky Stuarts kicking game leading up to the 1990 Grand Final was pretty superb, not to mention his performance in the big one.

Sowards playing the best footy of his career, no doubt though. And Greggles is right - He is getting the chance due to the forwards getting the platform out there. This allows people to see how good his kicking game is.

Godz Illa

Coach
Soward has been kicking them beautifully the last two weeks, he doesn't even appear to be booting it hard - he's caressing it down the field lovingly.

That said, the best kick of the weekend was Anasta's to Shaun Kenny-Dowall. Was like a Tom Brady touch pass to the end zone for Randy Moss. Perfection from both parties

tiger_nick

Bench

he'd want to have a good long kicking game, cause he has nothing else.

Didgi

:lol:

The forwards do lay the platform with good strong runs supplying field position, but it is the long kicker's job to keep the backs pinned deep in their half with a good, grass-finding kick. Soward is playing some really good footy currently.

Jono1987

Juniors
yeah it is.

sorry i thought this thread was about soward. i guess the fact you had to bring someone else into it instead of trying to disprove my points merely proves me right.

Soward can run the ball. That was evident last friday night. My turn. How's your number 6 going? Pretty f**king terrible I'd say.

Raider_69

Post Whore

really quite amazing

Sowards not fit the wipe the boot of Ricky Stuart in the long range kicking stakes :cool:

[FKN-SIK]

Juniors
Soward has definately improved his game. His kicking on Friday night was great and he did well when he had a go at running the ball also.

I wouldn't mind seeing him in Origin if he keeps it up

aussies1st

Staff member
His accuracy with the boot has been impressive, if he keeps this up he could see himself in the 7 jumper for NSW.

benj4

Juniors
I wouldn't mind seeing him in Origin if he keeps it up

I'm sure Inglis wouldn't mind either :lol:

Soward wouldn't be able to handle Origin. Campese is a much better choice.

Gaba

First Grade

Yeah soward wouldnt mind either after he drove inglis over the touch line:lol:

But i cant see soward playing for nsw though

Raider_69

Post Whore

Agreed, ignoring the fact Campese has just as good a boot, and is a better ball player. Its simply a fact of Soward will be targetted by the QLDers and his defense just isnt up to it. Wallace can defend well, he ball plays well, controls and directs play well. Campese is an extremely sound defender and has the size the impose himself on the game. In Origin, Soward will be thrown around like a rag doll

I think NSW's best halves combination involves Campese or Barrett, along with Wallace or perhaps if he picks up from yesterday and holds it, Mullen comes into play aswell

Latest posts