What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarrod Mullen officially worst seven in the NRL

B-dos

Referee
i came here to post the exact same thing as antonius

mullen has had enough time to show what he is made of and has failed miserably for the past 5 years

we get a handful of decent games from him all year and the rest are disgraceful. at half back or 5/8, he is woeful.

if bennett cannot get him firing next year then its high time he was axed and we started looking seriously for a replacement

billy2

Juniors
Mullen played great while Matt Johns was onboard - but as soon as Dunneman took back over it again looked like he was overthinking everything.
He has all the skills. He just isn't playing what is in front of him.

Matt Johns showed us our halves are good enough - and we have also seen that the Stone/Dunneman coaching team can't get halves to perform because they don't allow them to go with their instincts on the field.

hugzy

Juniors
mullen cares way too much wat ppl think of him, which is a problem in society in general

sleeping with a dozen hot chix would help :O) jarrod, u reading this?

Jobdog

Live Update Team
mullen cares way too much wat ppl think of him, which is a problem in society in general

:lol: Pretty sure he doesn't need to do that :p

Rolla

Juniors
He has the kicking/passing/running games required, and then some. I would like to see a good halfback come in next year to compliment him, im still probably a little sour we let Walsh go, but thats done now. Stig has been even worse than of late, of course he isn't a senior player so he won't cop the same critisism (and rightly so) but he is a long way from being a top half in almost every area.

B-dos

Referee
when you guys say he has the kicking game, do you mean he is capable of the odd good kick?

because judging by his performances this year, his kicking game is 20% great and 80% garbage

getting the odd one right is far from good enough

this goes for his passing and running game too. he is bad far more often than good

perverse

Referee
his long kicking is excellent... or i guess his "defensive" kicking game. his attacking kicking game - inside the oppositions half - has been pretty tragic. mostly wrong options and poor execution.

They're reffering to long kicking game mate, most of the time thats been onsong with y'day being a gaping exception.

Anything inside the 40 though and he has nothing.

Perverse what do you mean wrong option with the attacking kicks he only has one and thats the bomb!

perverse

Referee
indeed, Baron. he tried to put a grubber in yesterday (and didn't slot it through, it bounced back into his hands). how he can't get this basic kick right is beyond me. i often say it, but if i were a coach i'd be pushing the grubber down my halves throats until they got it right. it should be the go-to play inside the opponents 10-15m on the 5th. it's such a high percentage play... it boggles my mind why we go week after week without using it at all. it's the source of a lot of frustration. what's worse is that we don't have players that are good under the bomb... when we're putting it up, we're basically asking the opposition politely to make a mistake to give us a chance to score some points. it's f**ked.

indeed, Baron. he tried to put a grubber in yesterday (and didn't slot it through, it bounced back into his hands). how he can't get this basic kick right is beyond me. i often say it, but if i were a coach i'd be pushing the grubber down my halves throats until they got it right. it should be the go-to play inside the opponents 10-15m on the 5th. it's such a high percentage play... it boggles my mind why we go week after week without using it at all. it's the source of a lot of frustration. what's worse is that we don't have players that are good under the bomb... when we're putting it up, we're basically asking the opposition politely to make a mistake to give us a chance to score some points. it's f**ked.

Bout it perverse, must make it awfully easy for the opposition against us!

Joker's Wild

Coach
What ever happened to Jimmy's ability under the attacking high ball? He used to be so good at out leaping opponents and is still excellent in a defencive capacity.

B-dos

Referee
fair enough, i agree on his long kicking game. its generally solid

however a hugely important aspect of a kicking game is attacking kicks and its here that he is hugely inconsistent and needs to improve considerably.

antonius

Coach
It's frustrating to watch, we got ourselves into good positions several times yesterday and the kick choice from him was astounding at times, that includes when he decided to kick as well.
It's not just his play either, for me there's a question mark over his commitment, he goes missing way too much for me.

sneaky_is_here

Juniors

Me and Tim have only been saying that for 26 weeks.

hugzy

Juniors
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugzy

Jobdog:
:lol: Pretty sure he doesn't need to do that :p

it's not a conventional way, but watching him try to "prove" himself with trick shots every week sickens me.

he needs to get the "i dun care about wat ppl think of me"/"nothing to prove" attitude (and just SAYING that he has nothing to prove doesn't count). and the quickest route to do that is having a 3some with 2 hot chix

so, we got any volunteer hotties on LU willing to sacrifice themselves for a night for the betterment of the KNights and thousands of lives in general?

wululu

Last edited:

hugzy

Juniors
Quote:
Originally Posted by perverse

Me and Tim have only been saying that for 26 weeks.

god i couldn't agree more, it's MIND BOGGLING

fair enough, i agree on his long kicking game. its generally solid

however a hugely important aspect of a kicking game is attacking kicks and its here that he is hugely inconsistent and needs to improve considerably.

We can all agree on that.

On another note is it March 2012 yet :)

perverse

Referee
no halfback on the planet would, i don't think. Steve Witt would have stopped doing it at half time.

Latest posts