What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarryd: Blues motivated by criticism

Gronk

Staff member
Blues motivated by criticism

By Todd Balym
June 28, 2007
NEW South Wales winger Jarryd Hayne says constant media criticism will be motivation for the Blues to prevent a State of Origin series whitewash against Queensland next week.
The Blues have copped a flogging in the media throughout the Origin series with past greats calling for player and coach sackings and several stars told they face the axe if they don't perform.
Hayne, who escaped widespread criticism from his Origin I gaffe because he had scored a remarkable try earlier in the game, said the negative media attention was inspiration for NSW to succeed at Suncorp Stadium on Wednesday.
"We're not playing for a trophy but we're playing for spirit and for not getting a smashing in the paper," said Hayne. "It was so close both games and we weren't far off a win. It's not as bad as everyone is trying to make out.
"If we lose (the press) have a field day so there's a lot at stake."
NSW players Jamie Lyon, Brent Kite, Luke Bailey, Brett White, Nathan Hindmarsh and Braith Anasta have worn most Origin criticism this year - White dropped for the dead-rubber and Anasta out with a broken hand.
Lock forward Andrew Ryan believes the NSW players have a responsibility to repay the faith shown by selectors in not bowing to public pressure and making wholesale changes.
"The media talk has been to sack a lot of blokes and get a lot of new ones in (but) the selectors have hung with us and know we weren't far off in both those games," said Ryan.
"We did lose and we accept that but it wasn't as if the guys went out there and didn't have a go and we got beat by 40.
"The selectors have been great right throughout this series for NSW and we want to go out and get a win for NSW and hopefully the fans who have stuck with us through it all."
AAP

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,,21982869-23214,00.html

parra pete

Referee
You know the old saying "Talk is cheap'........(that is unless you have a teenage daughter who uses YOUR phone)

Hurriflatch

Referee
parra pete said:
You know the old saying "Talk is cheap'........(that is unless you have a teenage daughter who uses YOUR phone)

yeah and those numbers in the late night ads aint cheap either :lol:

Hey, why don't you all go ahead and be motivated by what people are saying about you and just totally forget about being motivated by the fact that you're supposed to representing the 6,549,177 people of New South Wales when you run on to the field...

Idiots. They don't deserve to wear my jumper.

Hollywood Jesus said:
Hey, why don't you all go ahead and be motivated by what people are saying about you and just totally forget about being motivated by the fact that you're supposed to representing the 6,549,177 people of New South Wales when you run on to the field...

Idiots. They don't deserve to wear my jumper.

ok who else is creeped out by the fact that hj knows the exact population of new south wales?

sportsmad

Juniors
how do you know he knows? because i don't know if he knows or is just making out he knows....you know.

carson

Juniors
Did you know that 48.76% of all statistics are made up?

I think HJ's population statistic could be one of them.

Bingo.

I'd just finished reading over the Census before coming here. I actually still had it open in another tab.

So there!

In addition, my point is still valid. It seems representation is a dirty word in NSW. No wonder Origin is still all about Qld.