What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarryd Hayne - Best player in the world

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Hayne is on a totally different level at the moment. Amazing to watch.

NRL really need to work out something so players like Hayne can get paid what they're worth.
He brings people through the gate, gets em watching on TV and inspires young blokes to take up the game.
That he can contribute this much to the game yet have his salary artificially constrained is bullsh*t.

Avenger

Immortal
Benji is also a massive freak! As a parra supporter every time Benji touched the ball i was scared, he just looked dangerous. From where i was sitting Benji had us looking stupid on many occasions last night......

I would have Benji in my team in a heartbeat!!

Hayne won us the game, Benji wasn't far away from doing it for the Tigers....great game!

Well said. Marshall is class. Both on and off the field.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Not sure how you would define the best "player" in the world as RL is a team game made up of many positions!

He certainly is great to watch though.

Marshall should I reckon.

With it being a more friendly match than serious and a popularity match, Marshall should. You look at little kids walking around and you ask them about footy, heaps of them just say "Benji, Benji".

He's too popular to leave out, sure Soward and Lockyer are good but I wouldn't pass up the possibility for Benj and Hayne to be in the same team.

Imagine a chip kick from Hayne for Benji, to run onto, step past a player and flick one out the back to Hayne.

Binga

Juniors
i actually thought benji out played him tonight. admittedly benji made more mistakes but he also came up with more big plays. hayne played very well but take away the chip and chase when the game was nearly gone and he didnt an awful lot.

:lol: Hayne didn't do a lot did he??

Hayne
Metres made - 279m
Line Breaks - 2
Tackle Burts - 7
40/20'S - 2
Try Assists - 1
Trys - 1
Offloads - 4
Tackles - 7
Line Break Assist - 1

Compared to Marshall who still had a good game

Metres Made - 102
Line Breaks - 0
Tackle Burts - 2
40/20's - 0
Try Assists - 2
Trys - 0
Offloads - 1
Tackles - 7
Line Break Assist - 2

legend

Coach
Without a doubt Hayne is by far the best player in the world. I feel priveleged to see such a freakish talent ply his trade.

In the 30 years I have followed league I can't remember a single player who played such outstanding footy as what Hayne has done this year.

badav

Bench
He seems to be doing everything right at the moment, and good on him.

But i dont want to see his head get too big and im sure nobody else does. I dont know if reading about himself in the paper as being the best player in the world will be all that good for him.

Hes obviously got heaps of class but i still think there is a question mark on what his standing in the game will be at the end of his career. Like whether he sustain great form for several years like other greats of the game have. This remains to be seen.

Latest posts