What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarryd Hayne - Make him an Eel for Life

El Diablo

Post Whore
Shes complaining about biting ? The NRL gives only 3 weeks suspensions for that. Hayne will be sweet.
do you think we should be chasing Arrow?

https://www.couriermail.com.au/spor...w/news-story/bee92ac684f81c339c4f2595f26a5489

Plumbing just the ticket for Gold Coast Titans forward Jai Arrow

Paul Malone, The Courier-Mail
November 17, 2018 5:30pm

AS one of the NRL’s best young middle forwards, Jai Arrow is not afraid of getting his hands dirty.

When his rugby league career is over, Arrow, 23, is readying himself for the next stage of his life — as a plumber.

The Titans and Maroons forward has slotted some study into his off-season and pre-season.

“I’m trying to get back to TAFE and finish that,’’ Arrow said.

“I’m a third year apprentice in plumbing. I started it when I was 17 and it’s taken me a fair while but hopefully I can get it done soon.

“I’m trying to get my ticket and be ready for life after footy — footy doesn’t last forever.’’

League teens are strongly encouraged by their NRL clubs to undertake work or study, although not all get as much done as Arrow.

Hard, sometimes confronting work is not foreign to Arrow, who ran for 150m in six of his first eight matches for Gold Coast, an instant success in his early appearances since transferring from the Broncos.

“Everyone needs water. That’s the way I looked at it,’’ he said.

Statisticians clocked Arrow as running with the football for 2988m in 2018, 283m more than the next-most productive Titans forward, Ryan James.

“It definitely sounds tiring, but it’s something I’d love doing and I want to do for a long time,’’ he said.

Arrow has completed a second week back at training with the Titans, who added backs Tyrone Peachey and Tyrone Roberts and 2016 Kangaroos prop Shannon Boyd to their roster.

“With the players we have coming and the squad we already had, we want to be there in the finals,’’ Arrow said of the Titans, who placed 14th last season.

“I think we can jell as a team and be a force to be reckoned with.

“I’m looking forward to playing alongside (Peachey) and Tyrone Roberts will be really good for us. He’s a quality player and he’s showed that through his career in the NRL in the Super League.

“Big Shannon Boyd adds some size and punch to our pack. He’s a big body and he’s hard to handle. He’s always getting on his front and getting away a quick play-the-ball. Our halves will play well off his play-the-balls.’’

Arrow’s success was a pleasing tale of a young man backing his abilities and leaving a comfort zone.

“I wanted to go there and prove myself as a week-in, week-out NRL starting player,’’ he said.

“It was a hard move because the Broncos were so good for me as I came through. It was something I felt I had to do and it was best for me.

“I was pretty happy with how the year went. Towards the back end of the year, it definitely took a toll of my body. Hopefully next year I will be better for it.’’

Bandwagon

Staff member
I would say it is off the charts irrational.

Would you say that approaching an "integrity unit" for the purposes of soliciting hush money would be a rational thing to do?

I mean when I'm thinking of screwing some one over for some coin, bodies set up to police integrity are always my first port of call................

T-Boon

Coach
Would you say that approaching an "integrity unit" for the purposes of soliciting hush money would be a rational thing to do?

I mean when I'm thinking of screwing some one over for some coin, bodies set up to police integrity are always my first port of call................

This isnt a terrible point.

Is there any direct line to the integrity unit (apart from 001)? or do you get referred there from, say, a club who you have contacted?

strider

Post Whore
This isnt a terrible point.

Is there any direct line to the integrity unit (apart from 001)? or do you get referred there from, say, a club who you have contacted?
Yeah i wondered if the first contact had been with the eels .... probably did us a massive favour - imagine if we had commited wads of cap space to him only to have it pissed away waiting for his day in court

Gazzamatta

Coach
My evil mind drifted to a scenario where Holmes did his runner a few weeks back and The Sharks signed Hayne for 2 years on his requested amount. Dare to dream.

ImTheMan

Juniors
Now, I do kind of understand what you are trying to say, the situation, the fall from grace is sad to you, but I just can't agree, there is nothing about this that makes me have any kind of sympathy for him or anything to do with him

Sadness does not equal sympathy. If someone runs over your pet and you are sad about it, it doesn't mean you sympathise with the driver. You could be angry, disgusted, any other emotion under the sun. Stop being hysterical and distorting language to allow you to continue virtual signalling over a serious situation that you really have no idea of the true circumstances about. Who needs to state the obvious: if someone is guilty of this then they deserve everything they get. You don't need to however turn it into a circus. You seem to have worked it out for the most part, the fall from grace would be sad for him and his family though not necessarily for me personally. As someone else has said, you need to stop talking about it like it's already over.

Last edited: