What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne~NFL~RU~Tits~Eels~Dad~Jailed~Mistrial~Jailed 5yrs~Retrial~Jailed~Appeal

hindy111

Post Whore
Hindy was just a very good toiler. Bad leader, no impact, just a tackler really.

We should have brought in Willie Mason to lead the forwards.

No. Untill about age 25 his running and passing game was dynamic. He was always busting tackles and making line breaks. And some of his offloads where amazing.
He then transformed into a work horse. And his running game become average. For the the next 5yrs but still solid.
The last 2yrs was imo just very sad to watch. I dont like seeing a great go out like that. He was dam ordinary. His hit ups where about as soft as they'd come and half of his tackles where 3rd man in.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
But, he's small.
That's not what held him back. It's the low involvement at fullback that made him ineffective. Here's French's involvement (number of touches) in his last five 80 minute games at fullback:

25, 22, 23, 17, 31

Here's Papenhuyzen's involvement in his five most recent games:

36, 33, 34, 38, 45

Certainly no Billy Slater, but a lot more involved than French, and no bigger than him.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Hindy was just a very good toiler. Bad leader, no impact, just a tackler really.

We should have brought in Willie Mason to lead the forwards.
In the early part of Hindy's career he was supported by Pay, Smith and Dymock. All much better players than Willie F**kstick.

strider

Post Whore
To many people on here get stuck in the pass.
Hayne was effective 6 seasons ago. Yeah he was great. But that's so long ago. The guy was a turd. He walked put on the club, he rubbished them for not signing him when come back and then rubbished them in 2018 when we didn't offer a contract. He has been shot at and 2 sexual assault allegations against him.
Honestly f**k the bloke. Lets talk about guys who are there now like Gutho
You go girl!!

Couldnt agree more ... hayne did some wonderful things. No one will match what he did in 09 .... but he chose his path (well god did apparently) and he f**ked it all up .... f**k him

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
No. Untill about age 25 his running and passing game was dynamic. He was always busting tackles and making line breaks. And some of his offloads where amazing.
He then transformed into a work horse. And his running game become average. For the the next 5yrs but still solid.
The last 2yrs was imo just very sad to watch. I dont like seeing a great go out like that. He was dam ordinary. His hit ups where about as soft as they'd come and half of his tackles where 3rd man in.
Arthritis in his toe didn't help.

To many people on here get stuck in the pass.
Hayne was effective 6 seasons ago. Yeah he was great. But that's so long ago. The guy was a turd. He walked put on the club, he rubbished them for not signing him when come back and then rubbished them in 2018 when we didn't offer a contract. He has been shot at and 2 sexual assault allegations against him.
Honestly f**k the bloke. Lets talk about guys who are there now like Gutho
I don't say you're wrong but this is footy. Who we support and why is not rational. None of it is. I have good memories of 2009 and the athlete and would like to see it again. As long as it's for us. And tbh I reckon a lot of you guys are forgetting he is or was a once in a generation talent. And if we're honest we probably need that more than most.

T-Boon

Coach
In the early part of Hindy's career he was supported by Pay, Smith and Dymock. All much better players than Willie F**kstick.

When those players were getting towards the end we should have brought Willie in for some leadership and aggression in the forwards. All our forwards were soft hard working types like Hindy with no leadership or athleticism.

Hindmarsh was also a bit of a greedy white merkin with a gambling addiction.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
When those players were getting towards the end we should have brought Willie in for some leadership and aggression in the forwards. All our forwards were soft hard working types like Hindy with no leadership or athleticism.

Hindmarsh was also a bit of a greedy white merkin with a gambling addiction.

We were already about $12M over the salary cap by that point.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Are we still talking about finger nail boy???

I loved watching the merkin play just as I loved watching Warne bowl. Both are atomic grade merkins and not what’s needed atm.

Latest posts