What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarryd worst last line of defense

Ant

Juniors
I am sorry but I have always felt that Haynes lack of urgency at the back was poor but it's been terrible this year. He makes Luke Burt look like a strong defender.
He rarely makes a tackle and shows a lack of urgency coming across to cover kicks and to make cover tackles.
He is generally in good position when they kick long to give him some credit for this area of his game.
But his lack of urgency at many times in the game is what continues to hold him back from the upper echelons of the game.
For a big man he rarely runs at top speed.
We complain about the big bucks for sandow, but I dont think we are getting our monies worth here either and at times I think his lethargy has a real negative impacting the team.
He is far from our biggest problem or worst player, but he needs to up his contribution if we are to avoid the spoon.
Really if we compare the energy is his game to the slater, Hoffman, Bowen, stewArt, Morris, mini etc it's way behind even though he is more talented.
And when those guys ball play they do it at top speed.
For gods sake run the ball hard, when hayne was at his best he was scoring tries more than setting the up remember the plane.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
didnt' do his chances of origin any service at all. will probably be picked on the wing now and dare i say it maybe not at all

MrT

Juniors
I am sorry but I have always felt that Haynes lack of urgency at the back was poor but it's been terrible this year. He makes Luke Burt look like a strong defender.
He rarely makes a tackle and shows a lack of urgency coming across to cover kicks and to make cover tackles.
He is generally in good position when they kick long to give him some credit for this area of his game.
But his lack of urgency at many times in the game is what continues to hold him back from the upper echelons of the game.
For a big man he rarely runs at top speed.
We complain about the big bucks for sandow, but I dont think we are getting our monies worth here either and at times I think his lethargy has a real negative impacting the team.
He is far from our biggest problem or worst player, but he needs to up his contribution if we are to avoid the spoon.
Really if we compare the energy is his game to the slater, Hoffman, Bowen, stewArt, Morris, mini etc it's way behind even though he is more talented.
And when those guys ball play they do it at top speed.
For gods sake run the ball hard, when hayne was at his best he was scoring tries more than setting the up remember the plane.

My exact thoughts. He doesn't seem to give a shit. I don't see him communicating with anyone in his team. Dogs came out after halftime and you could see them encouraging each other.

For the very first time I couldn't care if he left

Stagger eel

Staff member
he shouldn't be immune to critisism, tonight was one of his worst games ever and his attitude shits me to tears at the moment.

Djay

Juniors
I was boiling at the amount of dis-interest he showed I guess. No urgency as our last line of defense what so ever.

MrT

Juniors
he shouldn't be immune to critisism, tonight was one of his worst games ever and his attitude shits me to tears at the moment.

He's the highest paid player at the club.
The clubs most talented player.

AND HE REALLY COULDN'T GIVE A f**k!!!!!

His attitude is a cancer at the club.

Have a feeling he'll be in a Roosters jersey come 2014

EELICIT

Juniors
Sorry to disagree with you guys but if he didn't have a whole team running at him he might have been better. He is meant to clean up ! But FMD what are you meant to do when a whole team busts through the line and every man and his dog is running at you ???

MrT

Juniors
Sorry to disagree with you guys but if he didn't have a whole team running at him he might have been better. He is meant to clean up ! But FMD what are you meant to do when a whole team busts through the line and every man and his dog is running at you ???

He had Jono Wright jogging down the side WITH NO SUPPORT and he tries to go high and misses him altogether.

No blaming him for the the ones where he's outnumbered.

And what about the Reynolds try???? showed heaps of urgency there

Gmac

Juniors
I reckon hel get picked and play a blinder for nsw.
Looks like he doesn't wanna be out there for you blokes and it's obvious him and SK don't seem to agree on much. From an outsider, He appears to be playing for himself not the team.
But I think the big stage will bring out the best in him.

Hutchy86

Juniors
He's the highest paid player at the club.
The clubs most talented player.

AND HE REALLY COULDN'T GIVE A f**k!!!!!

His attitude is a cancer at the club.

Have a feeling he'll be in a Roosters jersey come 2014

His attitude IS the cancer at our club. He seems to think that he's above the game and his complete lack of interest tonight was almost a stab at Kearney. One of them has to go, perhaps?

Hutchy86

Juniors
I reckon hel get picked and play a blinder for nsw.
Looks like he doesn't wanna be out there for you blokes and it's obvious him and SK don't seem to agree on much. From an outsider, He appears to be playing for himself not the team.
But I think the big stage will bring out the best in him.

Call me crazy but I'd rather see Parra play as a unit and with a bit of heart then see a NSW Origin Series victory. I'm sick of seeing him on any stage - he needs to be there with the rest of them working much harder for his paycheck.

MrT

Juniors
His attitude IS the cancer at our club. He seems to think that he's above the game and his complete lack of interest tonight was almost a stab at Kearney. One of them has to go, perhaps?

stab at Kearney???

What about his teammates???

Like I said, first time I have felt like this, he can go for all i care

yy_cheng

Coach

luke use the force and stop them!

burt: piss off, i am retiring next year, i am not going to be a vegetable to help u out

attamarrap

Juniors
Fair call but a fullback shouldn't have to make so many try saving tackles our defensive line is f**king terrible

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
the whole team had a shocker, pretty hard to single out one bloke

EelsFan05

Bench
the whole team had a shocker, pretty hard to single out one bloke

Twizzle, not a personal attack on you but this is the type of attitude that allow individuals to deflect criticism. The old 'I'm not the only one out there going badly'. It won't change until individuals take responsibility for their performances. The great players are often highly critical of there performance. Hayne sooks, gives up and looks to blame everyone i.e. coaches past and present instead of looking in the mirror. Losing Hayne wouldn't be the worst thing to happen to Parramatta.

broncos2010

Juniors
I guess you guys have forgotten how many times this year he has been the best on the field for you guys and face it without him on the field in the early rounds you guys looked very pathetic.

You fans always remember his bad games but not his good ones. What about the sharks game he kept you guys in the game by himself.

Never forget he is the only class player you guys have and match winner show him some respect.