What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jason nightingale

alien

Referee
heard a rumour he'll be joining souths on a 3 year deal. anyone else heard anything about this???

alien

Referee
10710713_10204173685359078_6639470384096402281_n.jpg

Big Sam

First Grade
Would be happy with this. More like a replacement for Lote than a replacement for Merritt.

Good work ethic. Will go well under Madge.

alien

Referee
Would be a great signing. Backs are where Souths are poor

he would be a good signing but which player in the backline is poor???

1. inglis
2. johnston
3. auva'a
4. walker
5. tuqiri
6. keary
7. reynolds

doyen

Bench
Sths appear to be heading very much to better things in the backs but the bulk are still very young.
Nightingale is a proven performer;an international who offers great experience, & still only 28 yrs unlike Lote who is 36.

Nightingale is a very solid,logical & reliable replacement for Lote who will probably retire if Nighty gets a contract.

Last edited:

Galeforce

Bench
We still have Reddy and Goodwin on our books. I would prefer Lote for 1 year vs Jason N for 3.

Plus I do not believe Jason would come to us unless he was getting at least 3 times for what Lote came to us for 2014. No thanks

hurricane57

Juniors
I've heard the Nightingale rumour elsewhere too.

Was it this time last year or the year before the same rumour emerged.

Good solid footballer but let's look at the successful backline we have, except for Inglis and Lote they are all young - you can't beat youth because youth means speed and nothing beats speed in rugby league.

Also, young players are hungry players - did you notice Auvaa, Keary and Walker last year displaying contempt for their older opposition (especially Jamie Lyons and Matai), they took every opportunity to disempower their opposite - like saying 'get out of the way grandpa'.

I loved it, Jamie in particular was pissed.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Stupid rumour. Honestly can't see this happening. Would be a waste of money for our cap.

I would rather re sign Auva'a and Johnston to long term deals, plus Aaron Gray.

I really think Lote should go 1 more year. Even if we only get half a season out of him Lote will have done his job. Will be important at training too.

GI Cordial

Juniors
We Have a gun winger.
Sam Manuleleua.

• Date of Birth: 20-10-1994
  • 190cm
  • Weight: 101kg
  • Position: Wing
  • Rep. Honours: Junior Kiwis (2014); Auckland Pride
  • Junior Clubs: Mt Wellington Warriors
  • Sam Manuleleua joined the Rabbitohs' under 20s squad in 2014 from Parramatta. A tall and powerful outside back, Manuleleua will be pushing a spot in the Rabbitohs backline this year.

ram raid

Bench
We Have a gun winger.
Sam Manuleleua.

• Date of Birth: 20-10-1994
  • 190cm
  • Weight: 101kg
  • Position: Wing
  • Rep. Honours: Junior Kiwis (2014); Auckland Pride
  • Junior Clubs: Mt Wellington Warriors
  • Sam Manuleleua joined the Rabbitohs' under 20s squad in 2014 from Parramatta. A tall and powerful outside back, Manuleleua will be pushing a spot in the Rabbitohs backline this year.

This is the way to go. Get another junior in the squad. Wingers are a dime a dozen. No need to pay an old f**ker like Nightingale to fill in. All wingers need to do is dive.

Latest posts