What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Robinson is he/is he not

skeepe

Immortal
Jason Robinson is diabolical, but nowhere near as bad as Jared Maxwell. Ol' horseface is far and away the worst referee I have ever seen on a football field. Worse even than Paul McBlane.

ozreece77

Juniors
Cummins is the best.

please tell me you're joking.

Regarding the current crop of referees, none of them are any good. Yes, that includes Archer.
We should have seen this coming though,as most of these guys were the young referees running around when Harrigan and Clark were still going, and they were diabolical back then too. Now they have become the senior referees and most of them havent improved one iota.
The state of refereeing in the NRL compared with other team sports is a joke. Its one of the main things that rival sports ridicule us about.
How Gavin "Joe Pesci" Badger gets a gig every week is beyond me.
I guess once you scrape the bottom of the barrel enough times, theres only wood left...

Lachy5

Juniors
I cant beleive what i am hearing from you guys??????
I think we have some shockers in our system currently but it is not just the ref's themselves that is the problem. Our NRL rulebook is the most ridiculas thing on this planet, and the way that the refs are forced to opperate is because of the NRL and the referees board. none of them want to ref the way they do...
yes we are always going to have mistakes made but life isn't as bad as you are making out to be.
Brett Suttor is the standout best referee in the NRL in my eyes and never gets a fair go because of the system we have, and the politics behind it. Tony Archer isn't Bill Harrigan's arse. Cummins is hot & cold. Lyons is just weird. Badger is *edit* anoying. Hayne is on the downhill slide... rapidly. Maxwell is probably the second best.
Suttor and Maxwell should be doing the big games.
You have to look outside of what the ref's cant control and how much they are restrained from being normal and using common sense, before pointing the finger.

Last edited by a moderator:

kmav23

Juniors
Complaining about referees has happen since they game started !!!

They are humans and make mistakes doing a very difficult game non stop for 80 minutes..

How many mistakes does players make a game.

Have you guys tried being a ref in a first grade game..