What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Smith Wants Another Season

thickos

First Grade
If he wasn't getting slower by the game I'd say yes, re-sign him. At lock. However defensively I think the game is getting too fast for him, yes he's good with the ball in hand (tremendous in fact) but at 36, anything he can do in attack will most likely be nullified by a high defensive workrate, wearing him out.

nickraider

Juniors
Too susceptible (did I spell that right) to injury now imo to risk signing him for another year. Time to give Carney, Zilly and Dobson a go at fighting out the halves spots and maybe give us a bit more flair in attack.

Roy Rover

Juniors
I can't see Smith playing in the forwards for us or any other team for that matter. Can you really imagine him hitting the ball up?!?

Chachi

Bench
Yep, personally I think Smith at lock would be no good. IMO if we had 3 playmakers on the park all it would do is confuse the hell out of the team and frustrate the crap out of the 2 guys who should be running the side. At this stage of his career he's only capable of playing the same role/style as he is in the halves and there's no way he'd handle the workload of a regular lock. Give me a tackling machine like Tongue there any day.

I think the only way he'd sign on to play again is if he was guaranteed the 5/8th role and I bet he's not even considering staying at Canberra anyway. It's time to go Smitty, but I hope we can send you out with a bang.

Latest posts