What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Taumalolo opts to play for Tonga

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basil

Juniors
now what about a list of players who coulda played for Samoans/Tongans league teams if not for the lure of the kiwis?

Basil

Juniors
Well players that could have played for NZ and went with Oz for SOO

Brad Thorn, Karmichael Hunt, James Tamou, Josh Papalii. Thats 2 seconds of thought.

To be fair, few went the other way, Foran, Cayless Brothers, Fien, Nightingale.

Thorn??, we're going back 20 odd years with that one, Lol! Not really much of a list if we're honest!

Hundreds of years? I’m sure there’s plenty of players in the NRL who’s parents were ten pound poms and are less Australian than Bryson or his old man.
Also what advantages do England and Australia have over NZ?
I personally wouldn’t have picked Rangi for England he was a professional athlete when he moved. Not the same as Maoris who move as children or are born abroad.

You have Chris Heighnington already. Be happy with that.

England and Australia have professional RL competitions. We don't.

hutch

First Grade
Comparing hundreds of years of generational separation to being separated by 1 generation is a bit of a stretch geezer.

Yes, I do feel indigenous NZers should play for NZ. Australia (and England for that matter) already have enough advantages over us as it is. So why can't we at the very least get all Maori players?

Hugh McGahan was 100% correct. What's James Tamou doing now? Unfortunately Origin has made it an uneven playing field for us. It's exacerbated even more when all our depth players turn out for other nations....including ENGLAND.

You feel people with indigenous bloodlines from nz should be made to play for nz, yet you call tonga and Samoa nz b and nz c? What happened to their 1 generation of seperatiin compared to the hundreds of years beforehand? Seems very hypocritical!

plenty of ockers and Island born players, especially in the Tongan squad you halfwit!

OK since you're a f*ckin AMATEUR I'll cast my superior RL analytical eyes over the squads. 10 players in the Tongan squad have played for NZ you f*ckin dumbass. They're NZ B. A total of 13 were born in NZ. They're mostly our depth players who can't make the NZ side. 4 of them were born in Tonga (2 of which have played for NZ). 7 were born in Aus. You actually think that's "plenty" compared to the 13 we put up? Compare the size of your country to the size of ours you f**kin mong. 16 of the Samoan squad were born in NZ (1 of which is Papaali who was poached by Aus purely due to Origin). 2 were born in Samoa, and 6 born in Aus (2 of these have played for NZ - Pritchard & Roberts).

Aus have hundreds of players to choose from. We have like maybe 60-70. 24 will play for NZ. 5-6 will be out injured. 25-30 will play for the Islands. And then there will be maybe 4-5 Maoris who can't make the NZ side like Benji, Luke & Bodene Thompson. We are forced to give up the little depth we have. Due to Origin, Australia have kept mostly all their depth players, except for in WC years until the recent change. So basically all our resources are exhausted for international RL, every year. Australia doesn't have their best backup players like DCE turning out for random countries. We have basically all of our best backup players turning out for other countries, and playing against us. And now we have first liners becoming traitors. Our depth is stretched to the limit for the betterment of the international game. Aus can't say the same.

and to be more accurate none of those players actually moved to Oz for the express purpose of playing league, but

here's my list of players that coulda played origin but for the lure of the kiwis!
webb
fein
covell Lol
cayless
lomu
swann
prtitchard
beale
hoffmann
nightingale
goodwin

Who? Anthony or Logan?

You feel people with indigenous bloodlines from nz should be made to play for nz, yet you call tonga and Samoa nz b and nz c? What happened to their 1 generation of seperatiin compared to the hundreds of years beforehand? Seems very hypocritical!

Yes I do. Not forced to play for NZ, but that's who they should rightly play for. James Tamou is a disgrace. LOL @ him being too cheap to pay for Aus citizenship though. Shows how much pride he has in his adopted country.

I've just highlighted why Tonga & Samoa are our backup teams. See above. Cheers.

hutch

First Grade
Yes I do. Not forced to play for NZ, but that's who they should rightly play for. James Tamou is a disgrace. LOL @ him being too cheap to pay for Aus citizenship though. Shows how much pride he has in his adopted country.

I've just highlighted why Tonga & Samoa are our backup teams. See above. Cheers.

I read it, it is unbelievably hypocritical. NZ’s lack of depth and your ‘backup’ players playing for other countries does not explain why you think everybody with Maori blood should only play for nz but anybody with Samoan or Tongan blood are just NZ’s backup players or traitors. That doesn’t make any sense. What about these countries ‘depth’? Do they not matter?

Also, whilst Australia does have ‘depth’, it has done more for the ‘betterment’ and competitiveness of the international game then anybody else. Australia literally provides players to every single World Cup team including NZ.
Cheers.

Basil

Juniors
OK since you're a f*ckin AMATEUR I'll cast my superior RL analytical eyes over the squads. 10 players in the Tongan squad have played for NZ you f*ckin dumbass. They're NZ B. A total of 13 were born in NZ. They're mostly our depth players who can't make the NZ side. 4 of them were born in Tonga (2 of which have played for NZ). 7 were born in Aus. You actually think that's "plenty" compared to the 13 we put up? Compare the size of your country to the size of ours you f**kin mong. 16 of the Samoan squad were born in NZ (1 of which is Papaali who was poached by Aus purely due to Origin). 2 were born in Samoa, and 6 born in Aus (2 of these have played for NZ - Pritchard & Roberts).

Aus have hundreds of players to choose from. We have like maybe 60-70. 24 will play for NZ. 5-6 will be out injured. 25-30 will play for the Islands. And then there will be maybe 4-5 Maoris who can't make the NZ side like Benji, Luke & Bodene Thompson. We are forced to give up the little depth we have. Due to Origin, Australia have kept mostly all their depth players, except for in WC years until the recent change. So basically all our resources are exhausted for international RL, every year. Australia doesn't have their best backup players like DCE turning out for random countries. We have basically all of our best backup players turning out for other countries, and playing against us. And now we have first liners becoming traitors. Our depth is stretched to the limit for the betterment of the international game. Aus can't say the same.

so half of them are not Kiwis, and even some of the Kiwi born grew up in Oz, so hardly makes it NZ B then ya plonker! FAIL!! and last I heard there were at least 100 kiwi born players in the nrl, add to that others eligible by heritage and there are way more than 100 to choose from, so basically you're just making it up as you go along. Also plenty of Oz players playing for other teams. So it would appear you are talking thru a hole in your hat, but no surprise there.

Basil

Juniors

just as all Tongan,Samoan, Fijian heritage players should play for their respective Island nations etc etc ...

After participating in this thread it's plain to see that Australian fans want NZ weakend to the point to where Aus is the only team that can win the tournament. English fans want NZ weakened to the point to where they think they can actually beat us, and they only have to worry about Aus.

Too bad for you that even after all the trials and tribulations we've had to overcome, NZ is still a threat.

Basil

Juniors
and jake webster, remember when he and fellow ocker frank pritchard got all preachy about karmichael hunt choosing the roos over kiwis, and then frank coat hangered hunt in the game? (score was about 50-0 to Oz anyway, lol)

Basil

Juniors
After participating in this thread it's plain to see that Australian fans want NZ weakend to the point to where Aus is the only team that can win the tournament. English fans want NZ weakened to the point to where they think they can actually beat us, and they only have to worry about Aus.

Too bad for you that even after all the trials and tribulations we've had to overcome, NZ is still a threat.

lol, did this guy tell you to say that?

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10566317

Basil

Juniors
and DCE couldn't have played for the Poms anyway since you are not allowed to switch between tier 1 nations!

Pommy

Coach
just as all Tongan,Samoan, Fijian heritage players should play for their respective Island nations etc etc ...

Why SHOULD Australians play for other countries?
I cant understand the logic, should we get a chainsaw out and cut issac Luke up and give a bit to Ireland?

and DCE couldn't have played for the Poms anyway since you are not allowed to switch between tier 1 nations!

There’s no need for threats.

KokoRugbyLeague

Juniors
NZ a very hypocritical nation when you had aussie born or developed players playing for your nation you didnt utter shit. You disrespectful punk Samoa and Tonga are our own nations not a condescending b or c. NZ just shut up and be humble and sit down.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Just wanna say that invariably I support the Pacific Island nations, want them to do well and it's kinda of a "mate against mate" thing when we play them, but this is very different.

I really f**king HATE this Tongan team. I want us to smash them, I think they are for the most part a pack of treacherous plastic-Tongan pricks and it disgusts me how much support they are getting.

It's good for the comp tbh and good for me as a fan. I'm right into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts