What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Taylor or Michael Hagan?

Who would have you preferred as 2007 coach, Jason Taylor or Michael Hagan?

• Jason Taylor

Votes: 60 75.9%
  • Michael Hagan

Votes: 19 24.1%

• Total voters

Sean7

Juniors
I would've liked to see JT at Parramata next year, but it's not going to happen and lets just see what Hagan does with the side before we start criticising the decison to appoint him or Hagan himself.

In all honesty, I think our side looks pretty good for next year and who would've thought John Lang would win a Grand Final with the Panthers or that matter Sheens with the Tigers?

Let's just wait and see.

Suitman

Post Whore
join the bandwagon said:
again... it has been proven. Fitzy (yet again!) has made the wrong decision!

Why, because a few people have jumped on your little bandwagon?

Give me a break.

Suity

Gronk

Staff member
I dont see the point of this thread. Maybe lock it and re-open it on 5/8/07, eh ?

MrT

Juniors
Prodigal Eel said:
lol....his coached, what 7 first grade games lol

Its all peechy now but his got a side performing to normal levels....its not like his worked some magic and if you think hagan cant do the same, you all really dont know much about the game!

Hagan is a country mile ahead of Taylor in respect and quality as a coach...his is young and bring fresh new ideas...but with that he has alot of experience and knows how to handle things in good times and bad....for all we know Taylor can go MIA during a form drought!
One more thing...taylor is a very simple coach.....he has a very simple game plan, which works well...although the top teams and teams that have won grandfinals in the past 5 yrs are very tactical teams and have many plays....which i believe i still havent seen from taylor!

Can't agree with you, Parra have 9 players out due to injury and suspension, yet have won 7 in a row and are charging towards the semi's. Hagan won the wooden spoon when his side had a similar injury toll

Sean7

Juniors
MrT said:
Can't agree with you, Parra have 9 players out due to injury and suspension, yet have won 7 in a row and are charging towards the semi's. Hagan won the wooden spoon when his side had a similar injury toll

Newcastle's injury toll wasn't similar at all. Apart from losing Andrew Johns (probably the best player in the world) they also lost a lot of other name players. I honestly didn't recognise most of the players on their team sheet at some stages. It was one of the worst injury tolls I've seen. We still have a very good side (that's not to downplay what Taylor has done), Newcastle basically had a reserve grade side.

And whatever you want to say, noone can take the premiership off Hagan and noone knows what will happen next year. Let's at least start off positive and then drive the nails in if it all goes pear shaped (i'm up for it).

Ron Jeremy

Coach
T-BONE MCGRAW said:
FFS Hagan hasn't even arrived at the club and people are bagging him. Hagan has won a premiership and been coaching first grade for a number of years (5 I think). All I ask is people give him a chance. He can't help us win any less premierships than we have over the last 20 years.

As for JT he has taken a side and helped it perform to NEAR its potential. This side won the minor premiership last year so it is not like Taylor is coaching an ordinary side.

By far and away the smartest post in this thread.

JT is not a miracle coach, he has just inherited a fine bunch of players who always had potential but obviously lacked confidence over what happened earlier this year.

Don't be mislead.

As for Hagan, look at Monie & Cronin as coaches, they had the same problem where one player dominates everything, only problem is when he gets hurt the team suffers, next year we won't have that one individual, well have a number.

Utey

Coach
Just saw on the footy show, and Deano made a brilliant point saying whoever came in as Smithy's sucessor would have had sucess. Which is entirely correct! There was no pressure after Smithy left and all expectation dropped off.

Food for thought...

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
how can we compare Hagen to JT just yet

We have't seen what Hagen can do

JOB 3:14

Juniors
T-BONE MCGRAW said:
FFS Hagan hasn't even arrived at the club and people are bagging him. Hagan has won a premiership and been coaching first grade for a number of years (5 I think). All I ask is people give him a chance. He can't help us win any less premierships than we have over the last 20 years.

As for JT he has taken a side and helped it perform to NEAR its potential. This side won the minor premiership last year so it is not like Taylor is coaching an ordinary side.

Hear, hear.

Let's all give Hages and Finch a go.

eel4life

Juniors
People dont fool yourselves.

YES JT has done a great job, but he has the cattle to do it, we are last years minor premiers with the same team and the bonus is for us that the young blokes have stepped up.

How can you judge HAGAN when he hasnt even been here yet??

Now in 3 years if JT gets the first grade job at Souths and they win the premiership and then Hagan does nothing then ok, BUT DEAN WIDDERS SAID IT HIMSELF TODAY on the SUNDAY FOOTY SHOW.

WHOEVER was going to take over from smithy they were going to inherit a great bunch of blokes.

Knights are still on course for a top 4 spot.

So when you look at what he has acheived he has finals experience he has 5 years of NRL he has a premiership and also has coached ORIGIN.

If JT gets the rabbits in the 8 next year then good luck to him he deserves it.

niall

Juniors
i have always wanted JT, just seeing what he did with prems was enuff for me, it was obvious he was posed as a coaching great. anutha "great" move by "KING FITZGERALD"!! what a douchebag

Parraletic

Juniors
I Voted for Taylor but we have to see what Hagen will bring to Parra before bagging him out. But I always thought when BS was gone, Fitzy would give JT the gig considering how good other rookie coaches have gone in the past few years.

caylo

Bench
but if he gives the job to JT he had the problem, as it may turn out like brown, som1 coaching players he has played against... he has played under the captancy of (addmittidly a young) Cayless... this relationship could go either way. Fitzy can't simply know the future... i am willing 2 give hags a go, and mabey he can bring the best out of out players

ParraAds

Juniors
Taylor was the likely successor to Smith for the past couple of years, working as an assistant and coaching the Premier League to a grand final victory.

No one knows what Hagan will do to the club, but the issue is that we should have never had to pondered a Taylor vs Hagan scenario. Taylor should have been given the job at the START of this season, most of us fans had faith in him as a coach, too bad the management didn't.

Our loss is souths gain.

Latest posts