What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Taylor Post Match Media Conference - Round 25

The Colonel

Immortal
JASON TAYLOR POST MATCH MEDIA CONFERENCE - ROUND 25
27 August 2006
Q) HAS THE BUBBLE BURST OR DID YOU JUST LOSE A GAME OF FOOTBALL?
A) We played against a team that played really well today. You guys have been the ones talking about the bubble. We have just been playing one game at a time. Today we didn’t play so well and the opposition were really good.

Q) DID YOU THINK THEY PLAYED A MORE PHYSICAL GAME BECAUSE YOU HAD A LOT OF FORWARDS OUT?
A) I think that’s just how they play their games. That’s their style. That first half reminded me a lot of their first half against the Melbourne Storm. They were really strong in the forwards and got a couple of tries in that game, and the Storm only won the game late in the second half with some really good footy. We probably had some chances in the second half today but to be honest we probably missed our chances in the first half, we needed to have some points on the board in the first half I thought. The things that we have been doing well in the past few weeks we did not execute so well today.

Q) HOW IS JEREMY SMITH?
A) He has a fracture we think to a bone in his hand. That contributed a little bit. His hand was really sore for the last 20 minutes of the first half and a few passes went to ground at crucial times when we were at their line. I am not necessarily saying we needed to score tries in that first half, but a couple of times when we got down on their line, we just didn’t put any pressure on due to some passes that went to ground. There were some contributing factors to that. Playing the second half without Jeremy meant that we had players all over the place at various stages trying to find some combination. I wanted to keep PJ Marsh at dummy half because he is dangerous there, Mark Riddell was at five eighth, John Morris was at half, and we moved them around a bit after that.

Q) HOW FAR IS TIM SMITH AWAY?
A) He is getting close that’s for sure.

Q) WILL HE PLAY NEXT WEEK?
A) I don’t know.

Q) JT HOW HARD IS IT FOR YOU NOW WITH A FIVE GAME TURNAROUND KNOWING YOU HAVE TO WIN TO AVOID MELBOURNE?
A) The top 8 for us, as I have been saying to the boys all along was a bit of a myth. We were only there on for and against, and unless we won every game until the end, we weren’t going to stay there. A long time ago, we talked about giving ourselves a great shot to make the semis and enjoying our footy until the end of the year and making sure the season didn’t fizzle out. Now you guys want us to be disappointed, and I don’t mean that disrespectfully, but you are saying “are you disappointed” – well, we are in the 8 and we are going to rip right into it and enjoy what we’ve got between now and however far we can get. How we react to that loss is what matters. What we do from here is a result of how we react to that. The boys understand that. Moping around about a loss is not going to help us at all. But we are there. There are a lot of teams that will swap with us, I’ll bet.

Q) HOW YOU REACT PERSONALLY IS IMPORTANT TOO?
A) Early on when we had a few losses I was acutely aware that how I reacted after a loss was the most important thing. If I was in there kicking the garbage can and getting down on everybody then that was going to rub the boys the wrong way. How I respond is tremendously important.

Q) SO IT IS A MATTER OF NOT GETTING TOO CUT UP ABOUT IT?
A)
Definitely. I haven’t been doing cartwheels for the past 9 weeks so I am not going to be banging my head against the wall this week.

Q) A LOT OF PEOPLE SAID MELBOURNE NEEDED A LOSS. DID YOU GUYS APPORACH IT THAT WAY AS WELL THAT A LOSS WOULD NOT BE THAT BAD?
A) Melbourne needed a loss because they were Minor Premiers by a long way and a loss wasn’t going to hurt them. Why would you NEED a loss when a loss took you from fourth to seventh?

bartman

Immortal
He talks a good talk JT. Very good at calming it all down after wins or losses, and focussing on the next week.

strider

Post Whore
Q) JT HOW HARD IS IT FOR YOU NOW WITH A FIVE GAME TURNAROUND KNOWING YOU HAVE TO WIN TO AVOID MELBOURNE?
A) The top 8 for us, as I have been saying to the boys all along was a bit of a myth. We were only there on for and against, and unless we won every game until the end, we weren’t going to stay there. A long time ago, we talked about giving ourselves a great shot to make the semis and enjoying our footy until the end of the year and making sure the season didn’t fizzle out. Now you guys want us to be disappointed, and I don’t mean that disrespectfully, but you are saying “are you disappointed” – well, we are in the 8 and we are going to rip right into it and enjoy what we’ve got between now and however far we can get. How we react to that loss is what matters. What we do from here is a result of how we react to that. The boys understand that. Moping around about a loss is not going to help us at all. But we are there. There are a lot of teams that will swap with us, I’ll bet.

omg - this one almost gave me an eelavation moment, thought i was gonna have to get a kleenex out for a minute .... inspiring press conference - great attitude from JT .... why the f**k did we let him go :cry:

I bet Ricky Stuart would love to be able to exchange places at the moment!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

All the $$$$ in the world cant win you a comp.

Smylee

Juniors
AsPiRiNg YoUtH said:
how do you guys get this? I would like to see the Broncos one.

Wha' ? Is Bennett talking to the media again ? Wow, things have changed since I've been away !:crazy: