What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Taylor

bartman

Immortal
Whoever makes him a first grade offer at the right time (ie when he's contract's up for renewal) will get him. JT's learnt the hard way that you don't automatically get an internal promotion, even if you've proven yourself with a premiership. He wouldn't be banking on getting the Souths FG position, just trying to develop in a different club environment until getting offers when his next move is due. It could be us, but equally could be anywhere else including England.

JOB 3:14

Juniors
MrT said:
It's an absolute disgrace we're letting Widders and Morrisson go. How hard is it to replace them now. As for Widders performing poorly, does he have a poor game if he hasn't made at least 3 line breaks?

Hindy hardly breaks the line but has a great game every time.
We reall shot ourselves by losing Widders and Morrisson.
Someone please tell me who Todd Lowrie is replacing? is Widders or Morrisson, because who ever is responsible for this has a lot to answer as far as I'm concerned
:x

Too right. Why has Morrison been allowed to leave? We have so much cash and he is going to bloody england and he is still under contract. Morrison compliments Hindmarsh beautifuly in the back row. I can only come to the conclusion that Morrison was set on leaving no matter what, but even if that is the case we could have lured him to stay.

WHEN ARE WE GETTING RID OF FITZGERALD?????????

Stagger eel

Staff member
JOB 3:14 said:
:x

Too right. Why has Morrison been allowed to leave? We have so much cash and he is going to bloody england and he is still under contract. Morrison compliments Hindmarsh beautifuly in the back row. I can only come to the conclusion that Morrison was set on leaving no matter what, but even if that is the case we could have lured him to stay.

WHEN ARE WE GETTING RID OF FITZGERALD?????????

Moro had his best game of the year on Saturday night but the clear difference between this year and last year was that Moro had games like the one he had the other night on 2 out of 3 occasions last year.

it's a catch 22 situation.

part of Morrison staying meant that he would have to stay for another 3 seasons the sort of Money he'll be getting in England and although he may be valueble to us next season the question remains would he be valueble to us in 2008????

as for Fitzy?? the moment you can convince the board to get rid of him will be the moement you achieve what you want to achieve.

stuke

Bench
eelusion said:
Most impressed about JT is his laying down the law and changing our players attitudes. Our players last night, played like they wanted to win, kick chases, desperation, just getting all the little things right.

it looked like they started to enjoy themselves again. they were very quick to celebrate with each other, back slaps and high fives were abundant and the general confidence seemed to be back...something that was gone from last year. its amazing what a little bit of confidence can do.

Bigfella

Coach
iam sure if he was head coach next year here.. we wouldnt have seen such a mass exodas of players

The players leaving are largely players who have NOT been coached by Taylor.

There would be more strength to an argument that Widders Morrison Morris and McKinnon are leaving because BS has gone than because JT is going.

If we had lost the Haynes, Smiths, Inus, Cordobas etc who have played under Taylor there might be something to the argument, but personally I don;t agree with you on this one

yy_cheng

Coach
stuke said:
it looked like they started to enjoy themselves again. they were very quick to celebrate with each other, back slaps and high fives were abundant and the general confidence seemed to be back...something that was gone from last year. its amazing what a little bit of confidence can do.

One thing that caught my eye was that after 1 particular try, the bench with PJ and another was overjoyed, standing up and smiling, however, widders just sat there. Although when he got on the field, he still played like he wanted to be there.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Fox commentators said the same thing

apparently word from the inside is that they are happy and more relaxed about training and playing footy, or words to that effect

Stagger eel

Staff member
yy_cheng said:
One thing that caught my eye was that after 1 particular try, the bench with PJ and another was overjoyed, standing up and smiling, however, widders just sat there. Although when he got on the field, he still played like he wanted to be there.

as the Jersey Flegg players headed out of the sheds and up in the gym at the back of the grandstand, PJ was there applauding them, you could of sworn if you didn't know who he was you would of mistaken him to being a crazed fan :lol:

great clubman.

Rookie

Juniors
eelusion said:
If JT is able to coach this well, motivate our players, bring timmy back to form, and shut out a team like Newcastle so well. Is any even dissapointed we are losing him to souths? I was gutted when he announced he's going to souths. Hope he comes back when his contract is over :(

Dont want to talk about this. Its a done deal. I was never happy with Hagan and wanted JT but as I said, its a done deal so YAH FOR HAGES!:?

Gronk

Staff member
Guys, just a heads up that JT will be on the NRL on Fox program Wednesday night (12/07/06).

Stagger eel

Staff member
Gronk said:
Guys, just a heads up that JT will be on the NRL on Fox program Wednesday night (12/07/06).

no doubt 90% of the conversation will be about South Sydney and 10% Parra..we don't appear to get promoted these days.

Latest posts