What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jayden Brailey outlook

Foz

Bench
can we not get ahead of ourselves re brailey.

i'm f**king stoked with what I've seen in 2 nrl games but he's only young and will surely attract some onfield attention very soon that will test his mettle.

lets not push him into rep stuff just yet - he's got a bit of a way to go as an nrl player.
Why not?
I believe you pick the best player for a rep side and age shouldn't matter.

He's played 2 games against 2 pretty decent hookers.
Then there's Cameron Smith who's in a league of his own we have to play before origin.
Queenslanders and pommies.
NSW have Robbie and Peats (is he out?).Is Cook NSW?Lichaa?Reynolds?
As a NSW supporter none of them give me much confidence to do the job other than Robbie and if we're down 2-0 I know who I'm picking for game 3.
Ok I get Braileys young and done bugger all at top level rep footy but who would you pick?
If Brailey has 6 games like he's played so far I'd be picking him to start particularly if it's a dead rubber.(there's no dead rubbers in origin well if we're 2 zip down this year there is).
I'm of the attitude of what's NSW got to lose ?

Special K

Coach
Brailey will be the long term 9. Seggy will help this transition. Great news he is staying around for another 2 years.

So so far we have these players locked in for 2018.

1. Holmes
2. Feki
3.Leutele
5. Lee
6. maloney
8. Fifita
9. Brailey

Have I missed a starter?

Chimp

Bench
I did.
Wouldn't surprise to see him go up for a development camp.

After Farah retires what's the list of hookers that can put on a Blues jumper?

Peats...........

Am I the only one who thinks Peats is massively overrated?

Sure, he's got plenty of ticker and throws himself around in defence - so much so his body doesn't appear to be able to handle what he's prepared to put it through, he's always broken.

But.... Other than his defence and attitude, I don't think he offers much else. I don't rate his attacking play much at all, he's not that quick, kicking game is average at best.... I don't get the love for him - he's steady away.

shaggs

Coach
Am I the only one who thinks Peats is massively overrated?

Sure, he's got plenty of ticker and throws himself around in defence - so much so his body doesn't appear to be able to handle what he's prepared to put it through, he's always broken.

But.... Other than his defence and attitude, I don't think he offers much else. I don't rate his attacking play much at all, he's not that quick, kicking game is average at best.... I don't get the love for him - he's steady away.

He was best at Souths when allowed to run. I don't think the style of play at the eels and titans suits him. When he ball plays a bit he is good.
The knee injury and change of coaches seems to have taken that away.

Latest posts