What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jayden Sullivan

Wolfgang90

Juniors
Pezet will be locked up well before November.. we wont get a hint of a sniff..

As for Bud, I reckon the Tigers will want him there for all of 2024, even if it was off the bench, he is injury cover if nothing else.. they would be thin without him... 2025 is another story when they have Luai and Fainu/Galvin are a year older...

Edit: What about Ilias?

Storm will want to lock him up but like Hynes, there might be a team willing to give him an offer both $$$ & opportunity that he can't resist. Storm spine is locked for the next few years, no chance of Pezet starting over Munster or Hughes. Dogs will be chasing hard for him, ditto raiders, roosters (if the fail this year), titans

TheRev

First Grade
Storm will want to lock him up but like Hynes, there might be a team willing to give him an offer both $$$ & opportunity that he can't resist. Storm spine is locked for the next few years, no chance of Pezet starting over Munster or Hughes. Dogs will be chasing hard for him, ditto raiders, roosters (if the fail this year), titans
You'd think there would be lots of unofficial chats.. but its very rare for the Storm to lose the ones they really want.. and tbh Pezet is only ever 1 injury away from a start.. and is getting plenty of game time this year.. he will be super happy... and its one of the best systems if not the best to be in.

The Storm easily wrapped up Faalogo earlier in the year.. despite having Papaenhauzen and Meaney in front.. even the kid Jake Toby who played fullback ahead of Faalogo last week.. and absolute destroyed our NSW Cup team.. I just cant understand how we havent stolen a few more of these gun kids who are so far down the pecking order but so much better than the guys we have in our nsw cup system.. there are these massive skill talent between SG and first grade that we need to fix.

Wolfgang90

Juniors
You'd think there would be lots of unofficial chats.. but its very rare for the Storm to lose the ones they really want.. and tbh Pezet is only ever 1 injury away from a start.. and is getting plenty of game time this year.. he will be super happy... and its one of the best systems if not the best to be in.

The Storm easily wrapped up Faalogo earlier in the year.. despite having Papaenhauzen and Meaney in front.. even the kid Jake Toby who played fullback ahead of Faalogo last week.. and absolute destroyed our NSW Cup team.. I just cant understand how we havent stolen a few more of these gun kids who are so far down the pecking order but so much better than the guys we have in our nsw cup system.. there are these massive skill talent between SG and first grade that we need to fix.

It's all about development, we can identify talent like most clubs but like most clubs we can't develop talent. Hence the likes of Storm, Roosters, Panthers, Broncos are the ones producing 1st grade talent.

We need to nail development of our juniors, I think it should be more important than the 1st grade performance tbh. That's our future pipeline for 1st grade level players.

TheRev

First Grade
It's all about development, we can identify talent like most clubs but like most clubs we can't develop talent. Hence the likes of Storm, Roosters, Panthers, Broncos are the ones producing 1st grade talent.

We need to nail development of our juniors, I think it should be more important than the 1st grade performance tbh. That's our future pipeline for 1st grade level players.
1000% Agree, im sort of hoping that Flanagan will put the coaches and the systems in place to try and turn that around.. the fact that our young kids rarely make 1st grade.. but.. I think there is a huge hole he has to fix first.. I think he needs to bring in a fullback, a hooker and possibly a young half to fix some holes in that NSW Cup team.. until such time as the younger ones come through..

It depends what he thinks of guys like Matt Feagai, Quinn, Ward, Mulheissen... they are the ones in those 3 positions.. are they players we can turn into 1st graders? Because they r the next rung down... and if they arent we need to find someone who is..... I also think we need have a think about SFinau, Tuipuloto & Tamale.. all 3 could fill a wing spot potentially but which one? All 3? I would actually like to see Williams in NSW Cup later this year and take one of their jerseys.... maybe im crazy but I think hes the one we can promote quickly.

I dont think Ralph or Glover r promotable.. I think they were probably rushed purchases who are filling a gap in reserve grade, but I think we can do better.

True_Believer

Juniors
1000% Agree, im sort of hoping that Flanagan will put the coaches and the systems in place to try and turn that around.. the fact that our young kids rarely make 1st grade.. but.. I think there is a huge hole he has to fix first.. I think he needs to bring in a fullback, a hooker and possibly a young half to fix some holes in that NSW Cup team.. until such time as the younger ones come through..

It depends what he thinks of guys like Matt Feagai, Quinn, Ward, Mulheissen... they are the ones in those 3 positions.. are they players we can turn into 1st graders? Because they r the next rung down... and if they arent we need to find someone who is..... I also think we need have a think about SFinau, Tuipuloto & Tamale.. all 3 could fill a wing spot potentially but which one? All 3? I would actually like to see Williams in NSW Cup later this year and take one of their jerseys.... maybe im crazy but I think hes the one we can promote quickly.

I dont think Ralph or Glover r promotable.. I think they were probably rushed purchases who are filling a gap in reserve grade, but I think we can do better.
Matt Elliot suggested that we already have been working on getting the systems in place for the last couple of years. Hence the good performances in the lower grades. They've been working to establish the right setup and we should see benefits in the next 2-3 years by the sounds of it.

slippery5

Juniors

The Storm do lose players they want to keep, Widdop, Tino & Hynes were all players they wanted but could not match what was offered elsewhere. In Tino & Hynes situation they were coming off the bench & both were looking for starting positions but were held back by older more experiennce players. I'm hearing that they should have kept Hynes over Hughes & they recently attempted to lure Tino back on big dollars.

Last edited: