What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jayden Sullivan

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Interesting if his management is interested in a say 4 year contract at 350k or would rather a 2 year and hit the market then for the big bickies. Bit of a risk either way i guess but just sign him up. One of the things he showed us in the 3 to 4 games he played was that he can tackle which rounds him up nicely. Hope Hook doesn't overdo the hooker thing too much next year and gives him a chance at 6 and interchange in tandem with Amone. There's no doubt all three boys will require a break once or twice during the year.
Hunt coming off his best ever year and not getting any younger could probably do with a rest here or there too if we are in the fortunate enough position to give him a rest now and again and play Sullivan at 7.

I'd love to see us be adventurous enough to run with this spine from round 1 next year.
Me too. The three amigos, Sloan, Amone and Sullivan have been playing with each other since HMC.. probably before. We have had a glimpse already this season of the unique combination they have forged. Surely an experienced coach such as Griffin can see this too. Hunt will be in his comfort zone as hooker.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
He definitely will be anyway. Let’s just hope we have reserve grade next year. I wonder who our reserve grade halves are going to be?

It's an interesting question.
This year alone our KC halves have swapped and changed almost every game. But that is the nature of reserve grade with tge mix of youngsters coming from JF, 1st graders who don't make the final 17 and part-timers.
For example:
The half backs used this year were: Zeik Foster, Adam Clune, Jayden Sullivan and Junior Amone.
The 5/8 used were: Tyran Wishart, Zeik Foster, Siti Moceidreke, Jayden Sullivan and Tony Pellow

So, we probably won't know the answer until all squads are announced and that's a long way off yet.

Maddragon99

Juniors
With Dufty & Norman gone I’m not too concerned about Sloan or Amone leaving but Sullivan still has another year behind Hunt which worries me. Pay him whatever he wants & lock him up!

Maddragon99

Juniors
Pay him what he wants , really ?

Sure, why not? He’ll be our halfback for a decade, would you prefer we lose him & have pay way overs again like we did with Hunt?

Maddragon99

Juniors
Lmao. You’re the same guy who says you’d rather Cameron ciraldo over hook. You legit have no idea about how to run a club/salary cap.
I don’t run the club, I’m a mere supporter who vents his opinion on the internet.

let’s see how many supporters Griffin has next year when he’s run out of excuses, and Ciraldo is in the mix.