What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jazz gone

Blair

Coach
Super league will love him. They go nuts for people who will die for a jersey.
So the Super league can have his yearly 47 penalties and 9 on reports lol.
He'd be offered lots of pints and pub food over there, especially as a 'cult hero'. He might come back as that elusive prop after all.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal

sup42

Juniors
Feel for Jazz but we urgently need to make room for the stars from the Cup and the Juniors.

The club needs a youth injection as many have stated. Leka has secured that bench spot so Jazz defo needs to go.

SJ and Tohu will potentially be off too (not a rumor) I am just saying it is time the Warriors went into full rebuild from my pov. Get rid of all the old wood and build a completely new younger faster more explosive side.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Get rid of all the old wood and build a completely new younger faster more explosive side.
I'm glad to see someone with insight say this, because it's exactly how I feel. I hate this word but it feels like our side needs a 'rebrand' with pace, with a dynamic edge to it, and that certainly hasn't felt the way it's rolled this year.

I'm sad to see Jazz go, he's only 28. Hell of a competitor at times. But I can definitely see why they're not re-signing him.

Big Marn

Bench
we can only have 30 players in the top team and theres a lot of talent coming through. Hes going to either get picked up by the Titans (seems like they all head there) or head to the UK.

Scott

Bench
Dylan Walker looks to be heading back to Sydney too. I’m liking our depth, it will be to Webby to coach these young fella’s & mould them into the players the team requires.

Walker?
Dylan Walker looks to be heading back to Sydney too. I’m liking our depth, it will be to Webby to coach these young fella’s & mould them into the players the team requires.

Walker too? Ah shit... how firm is that news?

I know we've got promising youngsters coming through but I'd be very wary putting all our eggs into that basket.

Guys like Leka and Ali look really good for sure and I'm excited to see what they can become. But Katoa was similarly promising in '20-'21 before falling away and we could probably build a whole squad of players who showed massive potential but never kicked on for various reasons.

I remember seeing an NYC team-of-the-decade named when the comp was axed and being stoked to see 5 Warriors boys made it - SJ, Konnie, Carlos Tuimavave, Sam Louisi and Siua Likiliki. That period was the absolute apex of our pathway systems and those 5 were the tip of the spear... but only 2 of them kicked on.

Hopefully a big chunk of our juniors make the step up but lets be realistic too... history shows that most of them actually wont. And then we'll need to fill those spots some other way.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Walker?

Walker too? Ah shit... how firm is that news?

I know we've got promising youngsters coming through but I'd be very wary putting all our eggs into that basket.

Guys like Leka and Ali look really good for sure and I'm excited to see what they can become. But Katoa was similarly promising in '20-'21 before falling away and we could probably build a whole squad of players who showed massive potential but never kicked on for various reasons.

I remember seeing an NYC team-of-the-decade named when the comp was axed and being stoked to see 5 Warriors boys made it - SJ, Konnie, Carlos Tuimavave, Sam Louisi and Siua Likiliki. That period was the absolute apex of our pathway systems and those 5 were the tip of the spear... but only 2 of them kicked on.

Hopefully a big chunk of our juniors make the step up but lets be realistic too... history shows that most of them actually wont. And then we'll need to fill those spots some other way.

I'd say 4 of those kicked on albeit not all for the Warriors.

SJ and Konnie both carved out decent league careers.
Lousi had a decent Rugby career too playing in the Super Rugby comp, and internationally for Tonga.
Carlos has racked up close to 200 games over in SL including a couple of Challenge cup wins, and winning their POTS.
Likiliki seems to be the odd man out there.

Regards Jazz, he sure is a battler but I won't miss the needless penalties. Always felt if he could get that side of his game under control, then he'd be a real weapon. Be a shame to lose Walker too. Thought last year those two worked especially well together, they were almost our version of Penriths 'Hair Bears' (Puletua/Guluvao) but were rather lack of hair bears,

I'd say 4 of those kicked on albeit not all for the Warriors.

SJ and Konnie both carved out decent league careers.
Lousi had a decent Rugby career too playing in the Super Rugby comp, and internationally for Tonga.
Carlos has racked up close to 200 games over in SL including a couple of Challenge cup wins, and winning their POTS.
Likiliki seems to be the odd man out there.
Oh yea, I didn’t mean to downplay what Carlos and Sam achieved elsewhere. I fully respect that.

But just in the context of our club though, we didn’t get out of them what we hoped and perhaps expected.

Carlos especially was someone I really thought would be the next gun half in the NRL and our long term 6 alongside SJ. And making that team of the decade (which featured Turbo, Jake and Taumalolo as well) showed lots of others thought the same. But for whatever reason he couldn’t crack it with us or the Knights.

And I think that’s something to keep in mind when letting people like Jazz and (maybe) Walker go, in the belief we can replace them from the junior ranks. It may not work out like that. In fact odds are, it won’t.

hitro

Juniors
Sounds like Walker asked to be released cos wants to move to Aus. That's a shame he is good and our best lock at the moment. If Tohu retires maybe CHT could be tried there. I agree the Jazz has already been replaced by Leka

Campion

Juniors
I'd love them to blood CHT into the 13 role. This guy CHT is someone you want in your team because I feel he doesn't give up. He can tackle well, and has sufficient playmaking nous for the modern-day 13.