What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jeff Lima made more metres than either of Brett White or Matt Cross tonight

Yet why is he on the bench?, He is a far better prop forward than either of them.

I've heard rumours that the Storm are having salary-cap restraints and that Lima could be off to the Rabbits next year. Is that why he is on the bench?

Evenflow

Bench
Yet why is he on the bench?, He is a far better prop forward than either of them.

I've heard rumours that the Storm are having salary-cap restraints and that Lima could be off to the Rabbits next year. Is that why he is on the bench?

Keep dreamin mate. Lima is signed sealed and delivered to the Storm til the end of 2011. He ain't going anywhere and even if they are having cap issues do you think they'd be stupid enough to get rid if Lima? Like I said, keep dreamin.

andrew057

First Grade
Im pretty sure Bellamy has resting both Lima and Blair through out the middle of this season. Blair was arguably the best prop in the game at the start of the season and with Lima they formed the best front row in the game imo. Since then theyve both alternated from the bench and tonight both were there. These boys will be fresh for the finals and other team definitely should be worried.

andrew057

First Grade
I disagree. Yeah theyre both front rowers who hit it up, but Lima is just bull and runs hard and straight all game. Blair has ball skills and regularly looks to pop offloads and pass. Lima and White are more similar imo.

Noa

First Grade
Limas probably a mixture between the 2. But Kia Ora is right in that Bellamy probably wants a prop with ball skillz on the field at all time. Harder to do when they both start.

I think the dangers of having 2 ball playing props on at once is that dropped passes or pushed passes may occur and stop the team's momentum.

We also have Hoffman as a ball playing forward so there is no need to play Lima and Blair together...a good scenario to have for Bellamy.

andrew057

First Grade
No doubt. It will be very interesting to see how Bellamy uses them in the run to the finals. A little tip, melbourne are great value to be premiers imo. I think Bellamy is setting them up for a great shake at the title.

Spike

First Grade
Most high tackles aren't intentional either. Doesn't stop players from having a forced holiday

boots16

Juniors
Most high tackles aren't intentional either. Doesn't stop players from having a forced holiday

Lima will be fine, nothing in it and I'd be surprised if it went any further. Adam Blair has more to worry about for that dangerous lift. While no damage was done, a 2 week rest has been about the norm for this type of thing.

MsStorm

Bench
Lima will be fine, nothing in it and I'd be surprised if it went any further. Adam Blair has more to worry about for that dangerous lift. While no damage was done, a 2 week rest has been about the norm for this type of thing.

Well you were almost right...Lima no case to answer and Blair 1 week with an early guilty plea...but hell you see heaps of these lifts week in week out and some never go on report...

Latest posts