What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jeremy Smith gone?

The Nick

Bench
Today's RLW states that Jeremy Smith could leave next season to relieve salary cap pressure.. Apparently Uncle Wayne is reluctant to let him go, but if Smith can get a good 3 year deal then he'll consider it..

grandorient

Bench
No, no, no, no, no, no, NO

Even though he's never playing, he may well come good with a vengeance.

GO

Cagey Mac

Bench
Let’s see; that means we’ll have lost Smith, Costigan, and Saffy all quality hard men and gained Gaz and ? I know that Scott returns to the back row but he was there anyway.
You would suspect that Lima or Manu could be on the menu. From memory didn’t Smith cost c. 280k? That can buy quality and Smith was a phantom who mostly looked good on the roster. If Green and Greenfield and Thorby continue to come on under Bennett then Prior is also a natural back rower with his speed and ball skills so to a degree is hunt. Personally I’d feel safer if we buy at least one other hard back rower

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
Let’s see; that means we’ll have lost Smith, Costigan, and Saffy all quality hard men and gained Gaz and ? I know that Scott returns to the back row but he was there anyway.
You would suspect that Lima or Manu could be on the menu. From memory didn’t Smith cost c. 280k? That can buy quality and Smith was a phantom who mostly looked good on the roster. If Green and Greenfield and Thorby continue to come on under Bennett then Prior is also a natural back rower with his speed and ball skills so to a degree is hunt. Personally I’d feel safer if we buy at least one other hard back rower
+1

Fingerbang

Bench
Talk is we have or are about to sign David Gower from Balmain, and chasing Kevin Proctor from Storm. These 2 would be a great addition, and not cost too much either.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
I would hate to see him go, but the reality is Gaz comes with a price.

Plus, he has been injury riddled. I would rather seem him doing well somewhere than doing nothing on the sidelines for us.

I am happy with the way our juniors are coming along anyway. The fact that Scott and Prior will move back to the second row when more of our front rowers mature means we have depth we can trust.

Cagey Mac

Bench
Talk is we have or are about to sign David Gower from Balmain, and chasing Kevin Proctor from Storm. These 2 would be a great addition, and not cost too much either.

Gower could open for us and Proctor sound like he'd have the rear covered

Bring back choc

Juniors
I would hate to see him go, but the reality is Gaz comes with a price.

Plus, he has been injury riddled. I would rather seem him doing well somewhere than doing nothing on the sidelines for us.

I am happy with the way our juniors are coming along anyway. The fact that Scott and Prior will move back to the second row when more of our front rowers mature means we have depth we can trust.

Dont start the "BLAME GAZ" game again. Costigan was always going to leave, Smith was
probably always going to end in England. Cant keep them all people.

kordo

Bench
might as well let him go. he's done bupkis for us. such a shame he's injured so often - he's a great player when in tip top shape.

_Johnsy

Referee
Considering what he is being paid and the amount of games he has played (return for our $$'s) no big loss to be honest.

Young1

Juniors
He is my Favorite Dragon....Shattered if he goes
Adam Blair would be the one to go for,Plays on the Right side and runs wide with damaging results......would be awsome pick up

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Dont start the "BLAME GAZ" game again. Costigan was always going to leave, Smith was
probably always going to end in England. Cant keep them all people.
You obviously haven't heard.

It is abundantly clear that every player we let go for next 50 years will be Gaz's fault.

My great grandchildren will be paying the price.

juanfarkall

Coach
You obviously haven't heard.

It is abundantly clear that every player we let go for next 50 years will be Gaz's fault.

My great grandchildren will be paying the price.

Perhaps if we all buy enough packets of chips his tazo royalties will help erase the debt.

Dragon Dave

Bench
If he is forced to go it will be a shame. I really rate Smith and he is the type of player you love to play with and hate to play against, a real winner.

I hope he stays for 1 more year.