What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jeremy Smith gone?

SilentAssassin

Juniors
Let him go if he can get a better deal.

Going to be hard to miss him when hes never on the field. Besides the first 8 or so games in 09 he hasn't done much.

Beau Scott is a pretty handy replacement.

11. Scott
12. Creagh
13. Young

Still a pretty good back row.

Wobbygong

First Grade
Without Smith and Costigan, we have no true intimidators except Scott. Young, Creagh, Prior, Weyman, Hunt etc are all too passive, we need a hard nut to meet fire with fire especially when the opposition forward pack fire up in the semis, otherwise we will be bitch slapped again like we were last year by Canberra and Souths.

The Nick

Bench
Talk is we have or are about to sign David Gower from Balmain, and chasing Kevin Proctor from Storm. These 2 would be a great addition, and not cost too much either.

I read that Kevin Proctor is a priority signing for Storm, but I would love to see him in the Red V. As far as backrowers go, he is easily the best young prospect getting around, he'll be something very special one day.

ghostface

Juniors
I would love to sign Kevin Proctor!Loads and loads of potential. With the right development this kid can become one of the games premier forwards. I can't see us signing him though plenty of clubs would throw some bug $$$ his way. Ryan Hinchcliffe could be a handy addition to our club can cover a couple of positions and is a good defender he would be a handy squad player and is almost certainly going to be released.

RedVee

First Grade
Proctor, Hinchcliff or the young guy with the unpronounceable name as Stormers to look at. Priddis and even Fein can't keep hooking for ever.

st.phil

Bench

Willow

Assistant Moderator
WORD is that they read it on this forum and made a 'news' item out of it.

Crap paper.

j0nesy

Bench
I hope we can hang on to Smith for 1 more season. I know he hasn't played a lot for us, but when fit he is the type of player that we need.

SFVD

First Grade
Alot of what he brought to the club, that winning culture, must have dissipated in the wake of the Stormgate scandal. If only he could keep fit, our most brutal second rower.

Mr Red

First Grade
let him leave if he wants to i say.
has been injury prone for 2 seasons and at the moment is wasting salary cap dollars.
when we first signed Smith i thought it was a great move, as being a kiwi he would be there to ease the pressure come origin time, but he has always been injured and hasnt helped during this period at all.
i would let him leave and make a move for someone like Sika Manu, who is a lot younger, also a kiwi and offers that same aggression that we need - plus i think we could get him a little cheaper then smith, and being a lot younger adds more value long term to the club. i believe the storm might allow him to leave to help with their cap issues, and the bulldogs and warriors are already looking at him...

andrew057

First Grade
let him leave if he wants to i say.
has been injury prone for 2 seasons and at the moment is wasting salary cap dollars.
when we first signed Smith i thought it was a great move, as being a kiwi he would be there to ease the pressure come origin time, but he has always been injured and hasnt helped during this period at all.
i would let him leave and make a move for someone like Sika Manu, who is a lot younger, also a kiwi and offers that same aggression that we need - plus i think we could get him a little cheaper then smith, and being a lot younger adds more value long term to the club. i believe the storm might allow him to leave to help with their cap issues, and the bulldogs and warriors are already looking at him...

I doubt Storm will let Sika Manu go. He would be on considerably less money than the likes of White, Blair, Hoffman and other forwards linked with moves. Hes under contract until 2011, dont think he will be going anywhere.

MightyRedV04

Juniors
I doubt Storm will let Sika Manu go. He would be on considerably less money than the likes of White, Blair, Hoffman and other forwards linked with moves. Hes under contract until 2011, dont think he will be going anywhere.

Manu has been one of many names tauted to leave the Storm as well as all the other names listed above, remember they are way over the cap this year and next year.

andrew057

First Grade
Manu has been one of many names tauted to leave the Storm as well as all the other names listed above, remember they are way over the cap this year and next year.

I know this. But like I said in my post, he would be a far cheaper option on his current contract compared to the likes of Blair, Hoffman and White who have be mentioned as moving elsewhere. There have also been a few articles aying theyd like to keep him and I can see why.

apex

Juniors
Im sure I mentioned about 6 weeks ago that Smith was out. Don't agree with it but I was right.

mortz

its reported that sika manu is on more than blair, thats why they are letting sika go

Latest posts