What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jersey change for 2005?

Should we go back to Jerseys more like our first 2 years?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Tap Twist Snap

Juniors
With the retro jerseys being used in the later rounds... can't we change our jerseys next year. I for one hate the current design and would love a return to something like the first 2 years of the joint venture. As long as we wear the jerseys about half the time for each then I can't see any problem. I don't think something as simple as our jersey caused any devision in the club. I bought both jerseys. For something to actually wear around as a fan I think the black one was good and the gold version looked great on the field as we stood out with a unique colour that no other team had. There is no reason why we couldn't have both. As for the current design neither stand out and neither have had me interested at all.

innsaneink

Referee
Clubs have to keep the same jersey design for a minimum of three years...NRL guidelines.....we currently are in the 2nd year with the current jumper. Stuck with it for another year.
Personally I think we have the best jumper in the comp....and it looks great on TV too...I'm happy with it! I used to prefer the alternate strip more.....I wanted more black too at one stage but now I like what we have.

Mad Tiger

Juniors
Im sick of the changes, i buy a new jersey, we change sponsor, i buy that, we change jersey...

I don't mind paying money but i think we should just stick with it...

I like the current jersey...

Tap Twist Snap

Juniors
Another thing i don't get is why everyteam (except for Eels and the Warriors) needs to have a white jersey. It seems now that every team wants to be white. I know old psychological resarch suggests that teams that wear white get penalised less than teams that wear black but yeah I highly doubt that jersey colour would play any real factor today. Anyway if it is 3 years I guess it's no point worrying about it now. I also think sales would increase with the older more solid colour jerseys. Still see plenty more people wearing those around than the newer ones.

HOT028

Juniors
tap i think more people wear them because it was our first jersey and not every one can buy a new jersey every time the tigers decide to change a sponsor or jersey design,

i did buy the coaches jacket, it is fantastic worth the money finally

Stellar

Juniors
I also reckon we have the best jersey in the comp. and it represents the Wests Tigers as a merged entity. Our first jersey was too divided with the black jersey being magpies and the Orange one resembling Balmain.

One thing i hate is the white patch on the back of our black jersey it looks so tacky, what is wrong with having the back black with a white number

teecee

Juniors
It's a good guernsey beacause eveeryone can see the numbers on the back. Black on white, just like these letters on the background that we're reading now. RACK OFF TELSTRA!!!!!

Wrighty79

Juniors
Our "alternate" one with more black should be our primary jersey with Herbal World as our sponsor. I mean, the red of the sponsor looks tacky, at least with the black it looks a little better.

Beavis

Juniors
I prefer the TOTC jersey(players 1, not the other 1), and that's the 1 i still wear to games.