What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jerseys for chicks

northey

First Grade
:lol: :lol:
i have two jerseys and they both make me look silly and they are way too big for me!!!!

Rusty

Juniors
Hey thats a good idea..jerseys for girls :D
I would buy one except I have one already...ahh well could do with another.Anyways my jersey is signed by the players and I dont fancy it getting it dirty then getting it washed and smudged.

Leasha

Juniors
When my mum bought me my jersey for my birthday, we could only get it in size Large, when I needed smaller than the size of an actual medium. She thought the simple solution would be to just take it in and up a bit, but the guy who sold it to her said that it was illegal... Is that true? He claimed because it is official merchandise, its like defacing currency, its not allowed because its got a copyright on it...
I didnt care, I took my jersey in and up so it fit me, because before it appeared to be a dress more than a jersey... I'm considering taking it in more as well, cos its still baggy.... and I like my clothes to fit nicely!

socksie

Juniors
i'm sure it's not illegal

i hardly doubt the government are going to pass a bill that NRL jerseys cannot be sewn in to make it more fitting
although i wouldnt put it past our government

Leasha

Juniors
blue and red socks said:
i'm sure it's not illegal

i hardly doubt the government are going to pass a bill that NRL jerseys cannot be sewn in to make it more fitting
although i wouldnt put it past our government
HAHA I dont think its like a law... I just think its something to do with not being able to deface/alter things with a copywrite on them... like NRL jerseys :roll:

~bedsy~

First Grade
It's not illegal, there's no way it is... I take up clothes and stuff all the time. Just do it if you want too.

Samwise

Bench
once you have paid for it, its your property. so you can spray paint it pink and light it on fire if you wanted to. it would only be illegal if you tried to resell it with a tag saying "official leasha designed product"

Leasha

Juniors
Samwise said:
once you have paid for it, its your property. so you can spray paint it pink and light it on fire if you wanted to. it would only be illegal if you tried to resell it with a tag saying "official leasha designed product"

DAMN HOW DID YOU KNOW WHAT I HAD IN MIND??? :lol: :lol:
Thats cool then... I'll start making my own chick-friendly Knights jerseys! :D

Big Tim

First Grade
Leasha said:
I didnt care, I took my jersey in and up so it fit me, because before it appeared to be a dress more than a jersey... I'm considering taking it in more as well, cos its still baggy.... and I like my clothes to fit nicely!

Dont touch it anymore!!!!!!! You have already ruined some of the look, dont take it all. How many times do I have to say that chicks that wear jerseys that are too big are hot? I bet Northey looks hot in her oversized jersey.

What can attract a guys attention more than just being really good looking and having a great personality???? Wearing the jersey of his favourite football team! Trust me, he will take notice.

astrogirl

First Grade
astrogirl said:
Thanks for the sensible suggestion tigermite :oops: I feel like a bit of a goose for not thinking of that.

I sent an email just then...
Just received a reply from Wayne... His words were "There are no immediate plans for female jerseys."

Bugger.

CoastieChik

Juniors
Yea that was the same with me Leasha! but Id be too scared to touch it, in fear of ruining it!! 8-[

But u tell em Tim!! O:)
Not so sure my oversized jersey makes me looks hott, but at least I'll never be cold - cos I can fit about 17 layers underneath it!! :D

Chicks jerseys would be cool tho, cept for in the winter, where there probs not the most practical pieces!! (well at least not for night games - which is about all I can attend :( AND any games in Canberra!!! :shock: )

Would still be cool to where though - combat a few withdrawal symptons in the summer!!

Helen

Juniors
astrogirl said:
Just received a reply from Wayne... His words were "There are no immediate plans for female jerseys."

Bugger.

You may have to demonstrate that there is a purchasing base for 'female' specific attire before they will act.

If anyone goes to the home games then get a petition signed.
If possible set up an online petition.

Helen

astrogirl

First Grade
Helen said:
astrogirl said:

Bugger.

You may have to demonstrate that there is a purchasing base for 'female' specific attire before they will act.

If anyone goes to the home games then get a petition signed.
If possible set up an online petition.

Helen
Thanks Helen.

I've put some thought into this recently. I find it interesting that female Knights attire does exist in the form of long sleeve (3/4?) sleeve tops and polar fleece jackets (this is what I have), but there aren't any jerseys made specially for women.

I wonder what projected sales would have to be, in order for this to be considered.

Manly had the advantage of having their girl jerseys marketed by Sarah O'Hare. Obviously the Knights wouldn't have that.

Leasha

Juniors
Danish Moo Cow said:
Is Sarah Wynter a Knights supporter?

Actually thats a really good idea DMC - like with Sarah O'Hare for Manly, if we had a high profile female Knight supporter it may just be enough incentive *thinks*...

Well, if she had a product to promote next year it would work out with an appearance on the Footy Show. Broncos have Nathalie "Natalie" Gruzlewski, Manly have Sarah O'Hare. We should try and find someone. Maybe Natalie Imbruglia could be a patron now?

mightypanther

Juniors
Penrith Panthers also have a special "female fit" jersey.

They already had it for the 2003 season, and as far as I know, it will
be available for 2004 as well, because it sold quite well.

Latest posts