What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Jerseys, Logos, Mock Ups, Photos ANYTHING

The Great Dane

First Grade
DsrEyF0WkAA1f57.jpg

I get why Widnes are doing it and all, but wearing another teams kit like that is just weird... Then again celebrating winning that game is a pretty weird thing to do in the first place (considering that the Raiders treated that game like it was just an interruption to their epic bender across England lol), so may as well double down on the weirdness I guess. I wonder if they talked to the Raiders about it as well, or if they just nicked our design without asking LOL.

Also would it have killed them to get the design correct... The bands go all the way around the sleeves not halfway around!

Last edited:

The Great Dane

First Grade
Out of all the times the raiders have done a remake of their 80's/90's jersey, none have been as good as this widnes one. I love the shade of green the white collar and the hoops around the arms (except for not going all the way around).

Sorry but that's just BS. Here are a few that are at least as good if not significantly better in the case of the centenary of RL one and the 20 seasons jersey (though the 20 seasons jersey isn't meant to be an exact reproduction of the original white collar design).

eng_pm_CANBERRA-RAIDERS-NRL-ISC-SHIRT-M-101178_1.jpg

Canberra-Raiders-NRL-rugby-league-jersey-cotton.jpg

canberra-raiders-special-shirt-2001-s_4732_1.jpg

There are other examples as well but I couldn't find pics of them in my quick google search.

GAZF

First Grade
Sorry but that's just BS. Here are a few that are at least as good if not significantly better in the case of the centenary of RL one and the 20 seasons jersey (though the 20 seasons jersey isn't meant to be an exact reproduction of the original white collar design).

eng_pm_CANBERRA-RAIDERS-NRL-ISC-SHIRT-M-101178_1.jpg

Canberra-Raiders-NRL-rugby-league-jersey-cotton.jpg

canberra-raiders-special-shirt-2001-s_4732_1.jpg

There are other examples as well but I couldn't find pics of them in my quick google search.

Also would it have killed them to get the design correct... The bands go all the way around the sleeves not halfway around!

All the jerseys that you've posted have the sleeve sponsor covering the stripe in the most visible part, just as bad if not worse than missing the part of the stripe that is not as visible.

The Great Dane

First Grade
All the jerseys that you've posted have the sleeve sponsor covering the stripe in the most visible part, just as bad if not worse than missing the part of the stripe that is not as visible.

There isn't exactly a great deal they can do about the sponsors covering part of the bands is there... And besides that even in the 90s many of the jerseys had the bands partially obstructed by sponsors logos on the sleeves, you of all people should know that sometimes it's just par for the course unfortunately.

In my book (and frankly any reasonable persons book) even with the bands partially covered they "are at least as good", for one thing they don't look like Nascar shirts with a ton of logos covering the front of the jersey, which is something that you lot would normally whinge about...

My guess is that Gzerounian was confusing a bunch of Raiders jerseys from recent times as being a "remake of their 80's/90's jersey" when they weren't actually meant to be remakes of the old jerseys and more modern interpretations of the old design (with the exception of next years jersey which is supposedly an imitation of the 89 jersey, but is a pretty poor one), and that he (like many others including plenty of Raiders fans) seems to have forgotten that the shade of green was constantly changing even in the Raiders earliest days and has latched onto a particular shade of green as 'the Raiders shade of green' when frankly any number of the shades of green has just as much of a claim to that as any other. The shade of green changing was normally because each manufacturers "lime green" colour was a different shade or because the green faded which was a problem early on (though nobody was really concerned about it at the time), we'd often start the season one shade of green and by the end of it be significantly lighter because of it.

This photo is a great visual representation of how much the green changed, even jerseys that are from the same year and as such are supposedly the same jersey and should have the same shade of green have significantly different shades of green.

Last edited:

GAZF

First Grade
There isn't exactly a great deal they can do about the sponsors covering part of the bands is there... And besides that even in the 90s many of the jerseys had the bands partially obstructed by sponsors logos on the sleeves, you of all people should know that sometimes it's just par for the course unfortunately.

In my book (and frankly any reasonable persons book) even with the bands partially covered they "are at least as good", for one thing they don't look like Nascar shirts with a ton of logos covering the front of the jersey, which is something that you lot would normally whinge about...

My guess is that Gzerounian was confusing a bunch of Raiders jerseys from recent times as being a "remake of their 80's/90's jersey" when they weren't actually meant to be remakes of the old jerseys and more modern interpretations of the old design (with the exception of next years jersey which is supposedly an imitation of the 89 jersey, but is a pretty poor one), and that he (like many others including plenty of Raiders fans) seems to have forgotten that the shade of green was constantly changing even in the Raiders earliest days and has latched onto a particular shade of green as 'the Raiders shade of green' when frankly any number of the shades of green has just as much of a claim to that as any other. The shade of green changing was normally because each manufacturers "lime green" colour was a different shade or because the green faded which was a problem early on (though nobody was really concerned about it at the time), we'd often start the season one shade of green and by the end of it be significantly lighter because of it.

This photo is a great visual representation of how much the green changed, even jerseys that are from the same year and as such are supposedly the same jersey and should have the same shade of green have significantly different shades of green.
a8S9A2381.jpg

The supporters version has the stripes going all the way around suggesting they are cut off on the player kit for a side-panel that extends down the inner side of the arm. Sponsors aside, the supporters jersey is a pretty faithful replica of the 1989 Canberra Raiders World Club Challenge jersey, and the playing kit isn't too bad either.

In my book (and frankly any reasonable persons book) even with the bands partially covered they "are at least as good"

Get over yourself. Its commemorating a jersey that didn't obstructed striping and you're getting pissy about the armpits (which are plain for practical reasons and will probably not be very visible anyway)?

The Great Dane

First Grade
Get over yourself. Its commemorating a jersey that didn't obstructed striping and you're getting pissy about the armpits (which are plain for practical reasons and will probably not be very visible anyway)?

The only one getting "pissy" about anything seems to be you! I mean Jesus you're taking a sarcastic comment and trying to paint it as if I hold it as a point of principle or something.

You're not even arguing the point that gzerounian brought up that-
Out of all the times the raiders have done a remake of their 80's/90's jersey, none have been as good as this widnes one.
Which is abjectly false...

Last edited: