What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Jerseys, Logos, Mock Ups, Photos ANYTHING

Reflector

Juniors
86541c6e2d2fbf128e089491c4852450

like this bad boy logo... gotta love a squitter
I was glad Redcliffe got to put the Dolphins mascot on lay-by and spare this logo (cringe even for 2004 standards) ever becoming official. But I have no idea why the GC bid threw the baby out with the bathwater and ditched the jade/ white/ orange colours as well?

The Titans with Miami Dolphins colours would've been far more iconic (and marketable) than the turqouise/ white/ sand scheme they reverted to. Had they gone with the original colours they'd have a stronger brand identity now, not just in the NRL but Australian sport. I can't think of another team in any of the major sporting leagues here that uses the Miami colours?

Reflector

Juniors
View attachment 55066

What has been seen cannot be unseen.......

You'd think they would want to differentiate themselves a bit more from the other local team that wears Maroon, yellow and white........
I love these colours together and don't see there being an issue with differentiation from the Broncos, provided it's a brighter red and a lighter gold colour to draw out the contrast with the earthier tones of the maroon/ yellow of the Broncos.

St George and Illawarra proved you can have two clubs with the same colours but no issue telling them apart provided their application is different.

MugaB

Coach
I love these colours together and don't see there being an issue with differentiation from the Broncos, provided it's a brighter red and a lighter gold colour to draw out the contrast with the earthier tones of the maroon/ yellow of the Broncos.

St George and Illawarra proved you can have two clubs with the same colours but no issue telling them apart provided their application is different.
Red, white, old gold and grey,
Basically the cowboys colors but replacing navy with red,
Also they had submitted the "Sunshine State Dolphins" as an official brand name, way back in may, as they have been talking about encapsulating the whole of the northern corridor from CQ, sunshine coast, Moreton, to Brisbane

Screenshot_20210512-160616_Samsung_Internet.jpg

Here's my mock up logo
20210717_040725.png

To me i feel its the best name befitting them, as it doesn't pigeonhole them as only Brisbane

GAZF

First Grade
Red, white, old gold and grey,
Basically the cowboys colors but replacing navy with red,
Also they had submitted the "Sunshine State Dolphins" as an official brand name, way back in may, as they have been talking about encapsulating the whole of the northern corridor from CQ, sunshine coast, Moreton, to Brisbane

View attachment 55076

Here's my mock up logo
View attachment 55077

To me i feel its the best name befitting them, as it doesn't pigeonhole them as only Brisbane
The red/gold makes sense if they're considering "Sunshine State" as a moniker. The light grey doesn't work with the gold though. If they're hellbent on this path, red/white/gold with very minor black/charcoal is probably the cleanest look. Emphasis on red/white, as there's already a sunny mob down the road wearing red/gold.

MugaB

Coach
The red/gold makes sense if they're considering "Sunshine State" as a moniker. The light grey doesn't work with the gold though. If they're hellbent on this path, red/white/gold with very minor black/charcoal is probably the cleanest look. Emphasis on red/white, as there's already a sunny mob down the road wearing red/gold.
I was thinking grey as in just plain grey, like the giants of inaugral gold goast

MugaB

Coach
That doesn't work with pretty much any shade of yellow/gold though. It has to be one or the other in my opinion.
Works with the cowboys, its more of a trim anyways, not so much a full kit color, I'd expect them to be either mainly red for home, and white for away, a bit like to old canberra raiders of lime home and white away, with the colored trim stripes of gold and blue, the same set up could be used here, just with gold and grey
Screenshot_20211014-081210_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20211014-081301_Samsung Internet.jpg
Light grey or Dark grey,
Or maybe something in the middle

Last edited:

GAZF

First Grade
Works with the cowboys, its more of a trim anyways, not so much a full kit color, I'd expect them to be either mainly red for home, and white for away, a bit like to old canberra raiders of lime home and white away, with the colored trim stripes of gold and blue, the same set up could be used here, just with gold and grey
View attachment 55081View attachment 55080
Light grey or Dark grey,
I'd argue that the Cowboys can make it work because their shade of gold is darker/brighter, and has been typically separated by navy or white when they've used a lighter shade of silver. The Cowboys colour scheme isn't something to strive for either, and I wouldn't have included both yellow/gold and silver in their original scheme.

My preference would be red/white/silver. But since they seem to want to use gold, keeping silver in this kind of scheme is muddies things up and makes the scheme unnecessarily complicated.

kdalymc

Bench
View attachment 55081View attachment 55080
Light grey or Dark grey,
Jersey is cool but this sunshine state business can f**k off. The sunshine state is Qld. We have a Qld team called the maroons.
Bout as redundant as having 4 Californian NBA teams but then calling one Golden State....

MugaB

Coach
Jersey is cool but this sunshine state business can f**k off. The sunshine state is Qld. We have a Qld team called the maroons.
Bout as redundant as having 4 Californian NBA teams but then calling one Golden State....
I like golden state warriors, its vague enough to work... and if the dolphins use "sunshine state", that will too...
Its no different than North Queensland Cowboys, CQ Capras or South Queensland Crushers to me

MugaB

Coach
I'd argue that the Cowboys can make it work because their shade of gold is darker/brighter, and has been typically separated by navy or white when they've used a lighter shade of silver. The Cowboys colour scheme isn't something to strive for either, and I wouldn't have included both yellow/gold and silver in their original scheme.

My preference would be red/white/silver. But since they seem to want to use gold, keeping silver in this kind of scheme is muddies things up and makes the scheme unnecessarily complicated.
So the charcoal grey would be your pick, if you had to choose one of them

kdalymc

Bench
I like golden state warriors, its vague enough to work... and if the dolphins use "sunshine state", that will too...
Its no different than North Queensland Cowboys, CQ Capras or South Queensland Crushers to me
Are you drunk bro North Queensland represents North Queensland, Sunshine State is the actual nickname for the whole of Queensland...

It's almost on par with dumbness level of the Texas Rangers playing the Houston Astros

MugaB

Coach
Are you drunk bro North Queensland represents North Queensland, Sunshine State is the actual nickname for the whole of Queensland...

It's almost on par with dumbness level of the Texas Rangers playing the Houston Astros
What's North Queensland? Is Townsville the epi-centre of it