What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Jerseys, Logos, Mock Ups, Photos ANYTHING

ReddFelon

Juniors
I don’t mind them having black shorts, but it should always be white on the jersey for the rabbit and numbers.
Isn't the black rabbit meant to represent the indigenous contribution to Redfern? Can't imagine that being a popular decision.

Reflector

Juniors
I actually like it.
Plus if the RLPA ever got serious, it could potentially be a massive incentive for players to get a cut of jersey sales.

Eg if Penrith sell 50,000 jerseys but 35,000 of them are Cleary #7, then he could get a %age cut.
I agree as well. The upper back of player jerseys should be reserved for the player name and (like the numbers) there is a universal font for this. Lower back of jersey sponsorship then commands more of a premium price.

LineBall

Juniors
Isn't the black rabbit meant to represent the indigenous contribution to Redfern? Can't imagine that being a popular decision.
Don’t think so. I thought it was brought in when they decided that they would have black shorts, rabbit and numbers for home, and all of those things white when playing away.

cooko

Juniors
Don’t think so. I thought it was brought in when they decided that they would have black shorts, rabbit and numbers for home, and all of those things white when playing away.
Rusty brought the black rabbit in and there's a video floating around of him launching it where he says "the only thing more fierce than a white rabbit is a black rabbit".

yakstorm

First Grade
What are people’s thoughts on player names on the back of jerseys?
I'm a fan of it, especially since the 1 - 13 that is named on a Tuesday (when the numbers are assigned) is rarely reflective of the 1 - 13 that takes the field.

Giving players squad numbers from 1 - 30, with the top 13 players given the number that reflects their position I think adds a level of prestige to the number as well.

Using say the Panthers, Cleary should own the 7 jersey in 2022 and if someone else has to play halfback cause he is injured/moved around, then they play the spot in whatever their squad number is.

I'm a fan of it, especially since the 1 - 13 that is named on a Tuesday (when the numbers are assigned) is rarely reflective of the 1 - 13 that takes the field.

Giving players squad numbers from 1 - 30, with the top 13 players given the number that reflects their position I think adds a level of prestige to the number as well.

Using say the Panthers, Cleary should own the 7 jersey in 2022 and if someone else has to play halfback cause he is injured/moved around, then they play the spot in whatever their squad number is.
I'm all for squad numbers, though I'm happy for 1-99 instead of 1-30. 1-99 also gives you the opportunity to add Reserve Grade and U21's as well if your club goes that deep.

Like you said, the numbers rarely mean anything on game day: positions where two players play (2nd row, wing, etc) already get a choice of 2 numbers to wear - who can honestly tell me which side of the field these days is 2 and which is 5? Once the reserves come on the numbers almost become pointless outside of identification.

It also helps the players create a brand for themselves around their chosen number, and the club and player can create additional merchandise. I like putting the official numbers on the St George jerseys I buy, but it's a pain in the arse if they move around all season. For example, I had 3 put on my Dragons heritage jersey because that's where Jack Bird played that day and he was having a great season for us. But the rest of the season he also played 5/8, fullback, second row and lock. I do that with a standard Red V, it could of been Bird, Lomax, Ramsay, Beale, Amone, and probably others I'm forgetting.

Colk

First Grade
Interesting thoughts. If you really wanted to create player marketing you could also add the number of their debut like they do with their training jerseys like such and such is Raider no 365 using my club as an example. I think it is really good addition to the training shirt which they can add on official jerseys

Klim

Juniors
Interesting thoughts. If you really wanted to create player marketing you could also add the number of their debut like they do with their training jerseys like such and such is Raider no 365 using my club as an example. I think it is really good addition to the training shirt which they can add on official jerseys
The Bulldogs used to do that with their shorts years ago...

1635072940548.png

yakstorm

First Grade
Yeap that would also add value, same clubs could do what the Roosters started back in 2018 (but have since stopped) where they had a different colour Rooster silhouette on the sleeves once a player had played 100, 200 or 300 games.

images

Store opening soon

Colk

First Grade
I’m a Raiders supporter mate (have pity on my soul) so I’m used to pain. I don’t like the Roosters for a variety of reasons and I don’t really dislike any other team

MugaB

Coach
I’m a Raiders supporter mate (have pity on my soul) so I’m used to pain. I don’t like the Roosters for a variety of reasons and I don’t really dislike any other team
6 again???

Sorry come again...
Nah i hate the rorters, coz they keep poaching the better players from other clubs, everyone does it, but they always get anyone they really want, and politis hs his grubby fingers in all those pies, its amost like manly in the 80s

Colk

First Grade
Haha that’s ok mate.

Yeah I think their influence in negating positive outcomes for the good of the game through Politis is probably the thing that irks me the most. We can’t have discussions about whether we reward juniors, discussions about the salary cap, even a draft (not a full craft but a soft one) because it wouldn’t benefit them. It’s the encapsulation of what is wrong - nothing is talked about because of the conflict of interest between the ARLC and certain clubs. That and the recruitment thing and the nauseating how good are the Roosters that you get from the media