What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jesse Ramien

nick87

Coach
Tafua, Parker, Suli, Garrick.
With no 5/8 of note in the side at all.
Looking at the improvement from last year to this year.

Trust me, its coaching. Newcastle need a fresh approach.

But that manly team has DCE, Tom T, Jake T, Marty T and a host of other very good club level forwards
Also Dylan Walker, although not what he could be, is also dynamic as a ball runner

No question Dez is doing lot with limited resourcing, but the manly team is objectively better than the knights

aqua_duck

Coach
But that manly team has DCE, Tom T, Jake T, Marty T and a host of other very good club level forwards
Also Dylan Walker, although not what he could be, is also dynamic as a ball runner

No question Dez is doing lot with limited resourcing, but the manly team is objectively better than the knights
I think on paper at the start of the season the sides were pretty close and I'd say we probably had abit better depth, difference is their young guys have really stepped up where as ours have stagnated. At the beginning of the year I think most people would've rated a backline of Ponga, SKD, Ramien, Moga and Lee ahead of a backline of Turbo, Taufua, Parker, Suli and Garrick however Parker, Suli and Garrick have all improved out of sight where as our blokes have stagnated or gone backwards.

aqua_duck

Coach
He left the Sharks because he wanted to be close to his Family, So I think there must be more to this that just family maybe he doesn't get along with the coach who knows????
A lot of the issues stem from the fact that he signed on before he got a go last season, at the time the offer was pretty good for a guy with only 1 game under his belt but then he had a breakthrough season and what seemed like good money probably felt like unders to him.
At the beginning of the year even though he wasn't happy with the money things were ok as I think the club thought they got a bit of a bargain and were willing to upgrade and extend his contract however his form never really justified that and so that was put on the back burner. From what i understand ever since the upgrade got taken off the table he's just been whinging to his management and family as well as around the club and has been showing up late to training as well. I think the NRL really need to address this issue of players kicking a stink because they're not happy with the contracts they initially agreed to, right now if a club moves on a player they have to either pay them out or pay the difference where as a player can force his way out of a contract and then get rewarded with more money, it's a ridiculous situation and seems to be unique to the NRL unfortunately

Smirrors

Juniors
He didnt even go a year to prove that he was being underpaid. At his rate this year he's definitely been on overs.

Latest posts