What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jets 2022

shaggs

Coach
Is there room for Ryan rivett and Trindall at the jets next year.
just spoke to the half for flegg.

Weaponhead

Coach
Reckon so. Trindall has nearly 40 NRL games. Halves often take a bit longer to develop given the responsibility they carry.

Rivett needs to step up to the next level to see what his potential is.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Rivett might play 6 in reggies. The Jets never really settled on halves this year. Had a cast of thousands wearing 6 and 7

Don Tweddle

Juniors

High-performance Newtown Jets coach Greg Matterson announces his resignation​

The Newtown Rugby League Football Club announces that the club’s NSW Cup Head Coach, Greg Matterson, has indicated that he will resign from his position at the conclusion of the 2022 season.

Greg makes this decision to resign from the position of Head Coach with the very best wishes of the entire Newtown club.
He has compiled an outstanding record in his time at Newtown. He originally coached the club’s Jim Beam Cup team in 2005 and 2006 with considerable success and then served as Assistant Coach of the club’s NSW Cup team in 2007.

Greg took over the club’s NSW Cup coaching position in the NSWRL Centenary Year of 2008. His overall coaching record as Head Coach at the Newtown RLFC between 2008 and 2022 is of the highest order.
He coached Newtown to NSW Cup premiership titles in 2012 and 2019, as well as the NRL State Championship title in 2019.

Reckon so. Trindall has nearly 40 NRL games. Halves often take a bit longer to develop given the responsibility they carry.

Rivett needs to step up to the next level to see what his potential is.

Rivett might play 6 in reggies. The Jets never really settled on halves this year. Had a cast of thousands wearing 6 and 7
Rivett gone to Newy.
Not surprising as we bought that young fella from the Pennies.

Special K

Coach
I think Rivett can be a first grader. He is a natural half just needs some size.

From that 20s team (outside of Dykes) the ones who looked likely to step up were Stonestreet, Rivett, Finau and another forward who I can't recall atm. But those were usually the better players. Finau I think is the pick of them - he is a monster.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I think Rivett can be a first grader. He is a natural half just needs some size.

From that 20s team (outside of Dykes) the ones who looked likely to step up were Stonestreet, Rivett, Finau and another forward who I can't recall atm. But those were usually the better players. Finau I think is the pick of them - he is a monster.
Boyling? Hosking?