What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jets Press Release

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
Jeffles said:
Maybe. I'd have gone either way. On one hand you raise a good point. On the other hand it may be a bit offputting to big-note yourself out of someones poor health.

What exactly do you mean jeffles?

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
Jeffles said:
Maybe. I'd have gone either way. On one hand you raise a good point. On the other hand it may be a bit offputting to big-note yourself out of someones poor health.

I cant for the life of me see how a general email from the club just letting members know that Frank or for that matter any other old club identity was/has been in ill health could be construed as big noting,, maybe the club focuses to heavily on the UNI educated hip hoppers a bit to much these days as a source of merchandise income but some of us DO remember the older club folk from times gone by!. Looking at this I think its more of a deflection of that worst of crimes - CRITISISM (inquiring questioning) OF THE CLUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeffles

Bench
I just don't want people to think "they're only sending him good wishes because it makes for good publicity." I don't know how realistic this is - just my concern.

hrundi99

First Grade
I understand your concern Jeffles but I think that only the most cynical would feel that way.

hrundi99

First Grade
Newtown Ear said:
Yeah,Jeffles is clearly the cynical type.An inner city yuppie thats jumped on the Jets Bandwagon of late.

I think you misinterpreted what I meant.

I said that it was fair play to be concerned about some people thinking that way. I did not say that I thought Jeffles was being cynicial.

Jeffles is as passionate or more about the Jets as anyone else here.

Jeffles

Bench
Aw shucks!

On reflection you are probably right hrundi99. Hope Frank is recovering well. I won't forget his 2004 appearance at Henson Park for a long time.

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
I rarely visit the club website and was told by someone totally unrelated to Newtown that Frank had actually passed on! (they misheard a radio report) Then upon a rare visit to the site I seen the note re Franks stroke! Silly me thought with Newtown being the small family like club that it is an email could have been sent out? I would hope that if chika M or tommy R or any other legends were ever in ill health a best wishes note would do the rounds (I still look up to these men even at my age), you know the sort of thing I mean,,thats all, I at no time thought that the club could be seen as cynical??? Jesus its an even sadder society we live in than I thought if any one took it that way! Maybe its like another post on here that asks who Tommy is! I guess the past is the past and in the end it only matters to those who remember it?
My last comment on the subject! :-(

greg

Juniors
Thanks for the info NewtownBluebags, I for one had no idea and wish Frank the best. Still was the best commentator going around with his little desk on the sideline and 2SM microphone nearby. Kept me very informed of the scores when I was a young fella. Who can forget "Its long enough, its high enough..."

2 True Blues

Coach
Im with you NewtownBluebags. Cant see a problem with the request you made at all and dont know where the statement Jeffles made would have come from. I read over it several times in the off chance I missed something, but ???????? Cynical ?????

hrundi99

First Grade
It's a big world out there and there are a whole bunch of people who's opinions on life would surprise you.

Jeffles

Bench
Well one thing this has done is brought more attention to the website. I have to say I rarely visited the thing. If there was more news there that we didn't get on email I would be more inclined to visit.

Maybe if some of the emails had a "teaser" followed by "full story at http://www.newtownjets.com"

Henson

Juniors
Jeffles said:
Well one thing this has done is brought more attention to the website. I have to say I rarely visited the thing. If there was more news there that we didn't get on email I would be more inclined to visit.

Maybe if some of the emails had a "teaser" followed by "full story at <A href="http://www.newtownjets.com"[/QUOTE">http://www.newtownjets.com"

a teaser about Frank Hydes health...now that IS in bad taste jeffles,your a misunderstood young man,thats for sure...only jokin mate,keep smilin
icon12.gif

2 True Blues

Coach
It is a big world out their Hrundi, however nothin surprises me, as I am usually out there in the thick of it, unlike most uni students who spend most of their time in the imaginary one. The generation of know it all know nothin as listening is not part of their vocabulary these days.

2 True Blues

Coach
Is that a complicated way of sayin that you went to uni whilst trying to figure out what you wanted to actually do in life and now work for the government on the dole whilst surfin at Byron..LOl...