What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jets stickers...

2 True Blues

Coach
Would it possible for the Jets stickers to have the sticky side on the front so they can be stuck onto the inside of the car windows instead of the outside.

Iv'e gone through about five stickers on my back window as they weather badly and fade quickly, and tear away after a short time. I have driven a lot and regularly do, however I am getting of sick of swapping the stickers with fresh ones all the time.

Is anyone else having this problem??.

A sticker inside the window would be better...No ???

TigerJet

Juniors
The original sticker with no phone number or web address was the best sticker, did not fade and does not lift either. I have had it on my ute for 3 years. ;-)

mono_mal

Juniors
I think the problem is the free stickers are paper based stickers. Hence the fading, lifting and tearing. All the same they are free so what can you expect.
Im fairly certain that the stickers sold by the club though are of a higher quality and will not fade, lift or tear and therefore would be ideal for a car sticker.
I've gone through around 10 stickers, of the free variety, allready on the family car and am now all out of stickers after putting them up around Sydney. I'll have to get my hands on a new bunch this saturday.

Newtown Ear

Juniors
The stickers are made by one of our great sponsers Labelcraft.They are given to the club free of charge.This is why we are able to distribute them free of charge to the supporters.There will be plenty available this saturday at Henson.As for the inside the window ones I dont think Labelcraft are geared up to produce these.

2 True Blues

Coach
I forked out the cash for the most expensive membership package, as I always do. So the stickers were not for free buddy.

No offence to labelcraft who have been a great sponsor of the Jets for many years now. The stickers are a great idea, and as we have seen turn up everywhere from the Sydney swans reserve bench ( booth ) to the rear caged door of a Police truck. Thanks Terry !!!!

It would have been good to get an internal one, as only the hard core fans would be continually swapping them with fresh ones.

Another suggestion shot down in flames, oh well..... #-o

2 True Blues

Coach
Then again only the hard core fans would be putting the internal ones on their windows anyway I geuss.

How much would it cost to print run a thousand anyway ????

More importantly, how much would you reckon was a fair price to pay for one (as a component of your membership package, say)?

As Ear says, it might be a matter of Labelcraft having to organise it out-of-house. I think it's often just a problem of time and staffing on items like this.

Perhaps instead of just grousing about the lack of an "inside the window" sticker you might want to do a little internet research on who could do it and what they'd charge per thousand.

Then forward the info on to the club or post it here. Why not consider it your little "good deed for the season" on behalf of the club?

All it'd take is maybe half an hour of browsing and a couple of e-mails to get a quote or two. It'd be especially good if you can find a Marrickville-based outfit that might consider doing it as a contra for sponsorship.

In any case, I have sitting here (in Shanghai) a clear sticker with the Jets logo in blue.

It's designed to be stuck onto the outside of glass and was done a few years back by the club. I have no idea who the printer was.

All it needs to be ideal for your purposes is for the image to be reversed when the next batch is done. For that matter, if you don't mind a bit of a trip, you can have this one. Then it'd at least be right way round when you look in your rear-view mirror.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Regards,
TDT-1

Jeffles

Bench
I just keep replacing them on the parent's car. The price is right so I don't mind that they weather.

Jeffles

Bench
I don't want to speak for him but I say TDT-1 is being serious.

Was it you that made the scarves enquires last year 2 True Blues? This is a similar suggestion.

And if my memory serves me correctly... Wasn't it 2 True Blues that was also looking into getting some Jets supporters flags made up? Which by the way is a great idea and should be followed up.

2 True Blues

Coach
Enquiries were made into the flags, but as it was nearing the end of the season and club interest appeared to be minimal, it all fizzed out.

I was of the impression there was no interest, or atleast only on a small scale not worthy of production of the said merchandise.

I also work long hours, which consist of shift work and my time is short and I simlpy do not have the hours in the day to be running around. It was merely a suggestion that I had hoped may manifest itself in the head of someone more closely attached to the running of the football club, who is in a position to get the ball rolling in this area.

It seems obvious to me that perhaps the people ALREADY connected with purchase and selection of current Newtown merchandise, would be the people to follow any suggestions up in this area. As they are already doing this job anyway aren't they ?

I have an original scarf from the seventies, which I have had wrapped around my neck on cold arvo's at Henson since I was knee high to a grasshopper. However it may have been the other half of 2 ( TWO ) True Blues with the scarf thing. I can't recall, and as the other half of 2 True Blues also has an original scarf, well I don't know?

I'm sure people at the club are also busy, it was just an idea. I do not have the time, or even capacity when it comes to connections with those members of the club doing the purchasing and sales ETC of club merchandise, which would enable me to complete such a task.

Perhaps someone who knows these people could tell them about the suggestion. I don't know who they are.

When it came to the multiple Jets and Bluebags banners around the oval a couple of us just chipped in the cash, had them made, and then take them to the game every week. Put them up. Take them back home again. However reverseable stickers are out of my league, and I geuss will remain out of it as well... ;-)