What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jets Versus the Maggies, RD 2 NSWRL

2 True Blues

Coach
Henson Park this Saturday. Big game guys and gals.

I hear you were leading Norths till the last ten minutes last weekend.

Anyone know the West's line-up for the Henson Park ( Tommy RAUDONIKAS Cup ) game. ???

Big day this one. ;-)

yappy

Bench
NSW Cup
Round 2 - Wests Magpies vs Newtown Jets
Saturday - 22nd March - Henson Park - 4:30pm

1 Shannon Gallant
2 Nick Taylor
3 Nu Akeripa
4 Josh Davis
5 Patrick Franks
6 Trent Cutler
7 Nathan Waters
8 Dean Rysko
9 Stuart Flannagan
10 Luke Young
11 Corey Vlaciky
12 Allen Soultan
13 Rocky Trimarchi

14 Luke James
15 Daine Laurie
16 Ricardo Young
17 Leon Keir
18 Michael Stolk

Coach Leo Epifania

Although Rocky is now going to Townsville and I hear Davis might also be getting a flight north to cover for injuries on the wing.

Newtown also has sent us this very generous invite:

All Western Suburbs officials, players and supporters are welcome back to the Marrickville Bowling and Recreation Club, corner of Sydenham Road and Fitzroy Street, Marrickville after Saturday’s match at Henson Park is over. There will be plenty of parking in Fitzroy Street. As you already know, the club is located at 91 Sydenham Road on the way towards Sydenham Railway Station.

Tom Raudonikis will be there to meet with the supporters from both clubs, sign memorabilia, pose for photos and to entertain us all in his usual way.

2 True Blues

Coach
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don Thompson (still filling in for Shaun Foley - injured)
Byron Ford (still filling in for Albert Hopoate - injured)
Mitchell Aubusson
Sam Perrett
Tevita Folau
Luke Branighan
Ben Green
Frank-Paul Nuuausala
Luke Gordon (still filling in for Rory Kostjaysn - injured)
Ray Moujalli
Mickey Paea
Danny Howard
Jimmy Andersen

Luke Millwood
Khalid Deeb (still filling in for Shane Shackleton - injured)
Aaron Wheatley
Steve Meredith

****** Late mail Grose and Soliola in too.

2 True Blues

Coach
The resurfaced oval should be a good sight. Appropriate that two sides with histories such as Jets and wests play the first Henson game of the year on the new oval as well.

THECURSEDJET

Juniors
2 True Blues said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don Thompson (still filling in for Shaun Foley - injured)
Byron Ford (still filling in for Albert Hopoate - injured)
Mitchell Aubusson
Sam Perrett
Tevita Folau
Luke Branighan
Ben Green
Frank-Paul Nuuausala
Luke Gordon (still filling in for Rory Kostjaysn - injured)
Ray Moujalli
Mickey Paea
Danny Howard
Jimmy Andersen

Luke Millwood
Khalid Deeb (still filling in for Shane Shackleton - injured)
Aaron Wheatley
Steve Meredith

****** Late mail Grose and Soliola in too.

great late mail tip scoop!!!

considering Mitch and Perrett played for the roosters on friday night!

who knows, next week you might scoop the pools with your great insight

2 True Blues

Coach
THECURSEDJET said:
great late mail tip scoop!!!

considering Mitch and Perrett played for the roosters on friday night!

who knows, next week you might scoop the pools with your great insight

If you have a problem farkwit like I have told you PM me, and I would be only more than too happy to arrange to meet you at a henson Park game,. Anytime merkinlips. Then we can discuss your problem in person.

crouching_tiger

Juniors
Did Josh Davis play?
And the problem with the Magpies getting constantly smacked every week, is clear for all to see that it isn't because of lack of talent in that team.... :roll:

2 True Blues

Coach
Mate, I was wondering if they were getting the scraps so to speak from the western Tigers selections etc. Apparently they were competitive against a first grade studded North Sydeny/Souths the week prior and in fact were leading up until the last ten minutes. !!

Was thinking after last weekend that they might be better feedin another club if getting the scraps though. wests fans are very passionate, and probably deserve better than this. !!? One of the more vocal of the P/league groups are more than likely not happy with last weeks performance either.

yappy

Bench
We had injuries coming out of the Norths game and then lost Rocky to the Tigers so we started a bit below par, then lost Rysko who is a big cog in our defence in the first couple of minutes. We should have done better than we did, but we were down on personel against a side full of weapons.

It looks like we'll have Matt Head coming in this week as well as Rocky back, but we might lose Gallant who's on stand by for Hodgo. Leo is a pretty determined bloke so he'll turn them around. I think we'll go ok against the Cobras.

Vicious

Bench
yappy said:
We had injuries coming out of the Norths game and then lost Rocky to the Tigers so we started a bit below par, then lost Rysko who is a big cog in our defence in the first couple of minutes. We should have done better than we did, but we were down on personel against a side full of weapons.

It looks like we'll have Matt Head coming in this week as well as Rocky back, but we might lose Gallant who's on stand by for Hodgo. Leo is a pretty determined bloke so he'll turn them around. I think we'll go ok against the Cobras.

Very interesting.
Yappy what`s the story with the Koroi boys, have they just been dropped ???
And what`s Luke James background, any idea where he has come to us from ???

yappy

Bench
Vish

Koroi boys have visa problems. They're flying back to Fiji tomorrow and hopefully we can get the paperwork sorted and have em back in a fortnight.

Luke James is an ex Bulldogs junior rep I think. Might have been at Chester Hill last year but don't quote me on that. He was one of the guys who came through the open trials last year.

Leo's out scouting for a few more players to strengthen the squad, including a few ex-maggies. I believe Adam Bennett (ex-Balmain) is on board. I spent yesterday evening with Leo and I tell you, if effort and commitment count for anything he'll get the side winning.

Having Rocky, Stolk and especially Head back will make a big difference. Head's kicking game alone should help keep the opposition out of our red zone. Here's hoping he's intent on giving Sheens plenty of reason to take him up to the Tigers. I'd rather he comes and has a couple of blinders to get our season kick started than to have him come and mope around for a season. If Shannon plays we'll be pretty strong. Just a couple of classy players like that make a big difference.

Rysko has a cracked rib so he's gone for at least a month. Nu Akeripa is probably 6 weeks, and Wizza is another 2 weeks off. We do have Dean Loader back this week, so it'll be interesting to see how he goes (KH has a wrap on him), and with Pat Rosser now having had a week he'll be fitter and should be able to fill Rysko's void.

yappy

Bench
crouching_tiger said:
:lol: Keep talking it up Yappy... the club is a shambles, unprofessional and a disgrace and you know it...
I don't know that at all, but it seems you wouldn't know your backside from a hole in the ground.

alien

Referee
yappy said:
I don't know that at all, but it seems you wouldn't know your backside from a hole in the ground.

He probably finds it amusing that the Magpies are losing. He thinks Wests are being selfish by wanting to have Magpies players play for the Magpies instead of Balmain. He also doesn't care if Wests Tigers members have trouble with their season memberships aslong as he gets his ok.

Mish

Juniors
alien said:
He probably finds it amusing that the Magpies are losing. He thinks Wests are being selfish by wanting to have Magpies players play for the Magpies instead of Balmain.

Your making a lot of assumptions about a person you barely speak with.

Last time I saw CT he was wearing a Wests singlet with Gallants signature on it actually. From what I gather he takes an interest in Wests as they are part of the lower grades into Wests Tigers. But I am just assuming.

alien

Referee
Mish said:
Your making a lot of assumptions about a person you barely speak with.

Last time I saw CT he was wearing a Wests singlet with Gallants signature on it actually. From what I gather he takes an interest in Wests as they are part of the lower grades into Wests Tigers. But I am just assuming.

Dont need to speak with him. Anyone that reads what he says on the official forum can see what he writes. It's his own fault. Don't try to defend him. It's only making it worse for him.

crouching_tiger

Juniors
yappy said:

Oh i wouldn't know? Ask your buddy Leaping Leo why he told a certain player last week why he was going to drop him. Personal issues perhaps, or maybe he is just disgruntled at the fact of being made a complete fool of? Pathetic and unprofessional.
And while you're there, ask the management why the players are wearing training gear that doesn't fit them.
And as a side matter, they should pay their staff properly/on time, and not just throw them hand me down equipment as compensation...

2 True Blues

Coach
Sounds like its working well the tigers ? wests deal in reagrd to reserve grade then ??

Good win by the maggies last week though, however the side they beat were also yet to win a game !