What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jets vs Parra

I'm all set for this big show down...

Just one thing, with all this rain that is apparently due to continue until at least Sunday, is the game likely to be cancelled? If the game a couple of weeks back was canned due to the pitch being water logged and we've not had any sunshine since, will the council call the game off to protect the ground?

Also, reckon the rain could hold back the crowd figure dispite Brendo the Jet making his debut for the Prem Lge side. :sarcasm:

Jeffles

Bench
Gret timing for the post. The sun has been shining over Henson Park for the past 2 hours.

There isn't much rain forecast between now and Saturday but even so I'll be crossing my fingers and asking the Man upstairs for a bit of good fortune - he owes us! :p

Jeffles said:
Gret timing for the post. The sun has been shining over Henson Park for the past 2 hours.

There isn't much rain forecast between now and Saturday but even so I'll be crossing my fingers and asking the Man upstairs for a bit of good fortune - he owes us! :p

I asked a man upstairs and he knew nothing about it, he works in sales though :sarcasm:

Grab my coat while you are at it HPH...

2 True Blues

Coach
What happened to that new bloke BOND. Is he injured ?? Noticed Ndaira is down for the number 7 jersey this Saturday. ???

Jeffles

Bench
There will be a curtain raiser this weekend. At 1:15pm there will be the John Peard Cup. It is an A Grade challenge between the St George Dragons A Grade rep side and the Sydney Roosters A Grade rep side.

Get down there early and check it out. I'd be interested to hear brendo's comments on the matter.

brendothejet

First Grade
I'll give you my comments right now.

Why the f**k aren't the Newtown Jets A Grade playing your curtain raiser with the under 18's prior to that.

I guarantee having your Juniors there will do a lot more for the club than some made up f**king Sydney Roosters A grade team.

But you know, why would you tap into a club with 200 players, their parents, friends, brothers, sisters and relatives who would all come along to see them play on the big stage.

Especially if that club was your junior branch,

ESPECIALLY if you were more than happy to rape the A grade team of players and then let them go to other JBC teams.

brendothejet

First Grade
Die-Hard p/t Jet Fan said:
I thought your the A grade competition arent allowed to play on Saturdays? I am for it but how would it happen?

Well i've been informed newtown has tried to arrange it directly with other clubs but souths say no.

I reckon with the juniors there you could put another 500 bums on seats. Not only from the jets but our opposition would bring a swag of people. Big game, saturday afternoon (means social activities are not curtailed early) at a big venue = crowd.

Not to mention BTJ on show.

Jeffles

Bench
I understand your grief brendo. We've tried to get Juniros there but to no avail. Souths Juniors is a much bigger organisation than us. Their word is pretty much final.

brendothejet

First Grade
Jeffles said:
I understand your grief brendo. We've tried to get Juniros there but to no avail. Souths Juniors is a much bigger organisation than us. Their word is pretty much final.

They are just scared of anything postive for Newtown and for Rugby League in general.

sh*theads.

In that case, it's time to rebuild the Newtown DRLFC junior district, with Brendo at CEO of course! F*ck Souths Juniors off and let us run our own comp again.

back to the game, even if it does rain overnite i reckon that the ground should be ok for the game to kick off tomorow. really looking forward to it hope there will be a big crowd to lift the boys to a famous vitory before parra sell the souls to mounties.

Jeffles

Bench
Henson Park Hornets said:
In that case, it's time to rebuild the Newtown DRLFC junior district, with Brendo at CEO of course! F*ck Souths Juniors off and let us run our own comp again.

Wouldn't that be sweet! We can dream can't we. Big coin required to do that.

As for the weather, the forecast is "Fine" for today and, "Fine, cloud increasing" tomorrow. No mention of showers.

I think the forecasts get revised at 3pm this arvo on http://www.bom.gov.au - Hopefully it's all good.

The sun is shining over henson. Its niiiiiiice, i like it! Henson park the cure for this horrible hangover, see you all there I am f**king pumped!!

Jeffles

Bench
Parramatta 35 - 30 Newtown

f**k!!!!!!!!!

Apologies for a lack of detail with names - I was too busy to take them down or even remember them.

An early 6-0 lead was quickly forgotten as Parramatta started adding the points. They looked like they were going about it easy but they never got away too far. Newtown were behind most of the match but oddly, they hit the lead with about 6 minutes to go 30-29. The last thing you need after that is to knock-on in your own quarter from the kick off. That's what we did and Parra scored after gaining possession.

A heart-stopping finish with Newtown getting a scrum with one second of time left. The chip kick was regathered by a Newtown player but said player just took out the corner post. Had he scored, it would've been an interesting conversion kick at 34-35 right on the SE touch line.

Oh well - what could be the last ever Newtown v Parramatta game and that happened. It's easy following a successful team. Following the Jets is a real test of character.

Great crowd today - we beat the 8972 - just. Lynchy's official announcement was 8973.

Thanks to everyone who turned out, including Parra fans. It was good to see a busy Henson Park in glorious sunshine.

See you all Wednesday against the Dogs.

Thanks for the hospitality at Henson today, Jetsetters... Great game! :D Decent crowd too (similar to last year's Jets/Eels clash).

Very sad that this could be last ever Eels v Jets clash - we've had some great games over the years. Hopefully (though I wouldn't be holding my breath) something can be organised next year as a pre-season friendly... or maybe Mounties can wear Eels jerseys next year at Henson...

Jeffles

Bench
Glad SOMEBODY enjoyed their day cumbo!!! You're most welcome to come next year. It's always a good day out.

2 True Blues

Coach
cumberlandsashes81 said:
Thanks for the hospitality at Henson today, Jetsetters... Great game! :D Decent crowd too (similar to last year's Jets/Eels clash).

Very sad that this could be last ever Eels v Jets clash - we've had some great games over the years. Hopefully (though I wouldn't be holding my breath) something can be organised next year as a pre-season friendly... or maybe Mounties can wear Eels jerseys next year at Henson...

It was a great day mate, wasn't it. Hey just wondering. What color are the Mounties jerseys anyway mate ???

Latest posts