What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jharal Yow Yeh interview

Bretto

Bench
be lucky to be alive? haha

It's not a stretch by any means. Compound fractures 100 years ago would simply be put back into place and stitched up with the possibility of septicaemia etc, or the leg would be amputated with a myriad of complications there after. These days we have surgery and titanium rods to act as bones and skin graphs etc.

Big Pete

Referee
Chainshada - His attitude is certainly pleasing. Not having a go at anyone here (and I'll just outright give an example out of respect - unbreak) but I believe him returning to first grade in a month's time is unrealistic. We all want to see him back and I'll try my best to be at his return game but I believe he has a long way to go. He was limping quite noticeably and he's got to get more games under his belt.

Jam Wowz

Juniors
It's great to see, especially in a man so young, fit and with such a lovely attitude towards footy and life. I just wish my Tigers had a story like this one...

unbreaK

Juniors
Chainshada - His attitude is certainly pleasing. Not having a go at anyone here (and I'll just outright give an example out of respect - unbreak) but I believe him returning to first grade in a month's time is unrealistic. We all want to see him back and I'll try my best to be at his return game but I believe he has a long way to go. He was limping quite noticeably and he's got to get more games under his belt.

I know saying 1-2 months is being optimistic, but that's what I do, I'd rather him come back at 100% next season rather than coming back at 80% this season and not be himself.

Chainshada

Juniors

Oh Yow Yeh returning within the next month is far beyond unrealistic, I'd say maybe a 20-25% chance he plays at all this year, but it's wonderful to see him getting back into the swing of things. tbh I don't see him playing a game next week, at this early stage maybe every 2nd/3rd week he'd have a go just to get a feel of his progress.

Tommy Smith

Referee
You don't think he'll get match fitness / confidence from play Qcup within the next 17 weeks? Surely it won't take that many matches.. I was thinking more like maybe a month from now he could play first grade, maybe 2 at most.
I hope you're right mate but he's just been through so much. Playing 1st grade NRL is still such a huge gap from where he is at. As Big Pete etc have mentioned; he's still at a stage, physically and perhaps moreso psychologically, where he is just happy to be able to run during a game.

The injury was bad enough, but the surgical complications afterwards has left him with so much to overcome. He's made great progress but imo the journey has only just begun. It's far more than just an issue of regaining match fitness. That in itself will take a while but the mental hurdle will take longer.

Good luck to him though. It'll be one of the great days for the Broncos when he returns to first grade.

AceAv

Juniors
Yeah, I still think late 2013 is his likely due back time.

Am I the only one that is still really pissed at Wallace for making that career ending kick to him that night. I know it's totally un-reasonable & ridiculous to blame him... But those cross field kicks he does pay off 1/100x still infuriate me!!

whykickamoocow

Juniors
Can't remember where I read it but apparently he's not going to be used as winger to avoid him having to leap for the ball and that the long term plan is for him to play centre. Possible long term replacement for Hodges.

unbreaK

Juniors
Can't remember where I read it but apparently he's not going to be used as winger to avoid him having to leap for the ball and that the long term plan is for him to play centre. Possible long term replacement for Hodges.

I can't see any other spot for him in the team at this stage, Hodges is still a while off retiring and Reed just signed a big contract

I Bleed Maroon

Referee

Am I the only one that is still really pissed at Wallace for making that career ending kick to him that night. I know it's totally un-reasonable & ridiculous to blame him... But those cross field kicks he does pay off 1/100x still infuriate me!!

That is a bit extreme, dude. I know they don't pay off that often, but cross field kicks are a typical decision when it comes to 5th tackle options. If Yow Yeh hadn't leapt for the ball, he wouldn't be doing his job as a winger.

It was just a freak accident. Nothing more.

jakepearce94

Juniors
I can't see any other spot for him in the team at this stage, Hodges is still a while off retiring and Reed just signed a big contract
I personally think next year will be Hodges last year. he will be 32/33, and he is falling to pieces.

gUt

Coach

Probably, hope so.

Big Pete

Referee
i know... thx pete. I think i just needed to hear someone say that!

Shaggy-wasn%27t-me.jpg

Although IBM echoed my thoughts nicely.

Country Bronco

Juniors
Centre? There was a plan hatched before injury to move Yow Yeh here. Return? 2014 at the earliest. Its was good to see him out on the field and having fun.

unbreaK

Juniors
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/un...nine-months-away/story-fndv2w3r-1226637169027

Still a while to go. But if Ben Ross can come back from that neck injury, I know Jharal can do it.

Funny - I still cringe sometimes when Scott Prince kicks the ball with a defender bearing down on him ... I can still remember him breaking his leg when he was with the Broncos last time.

I was at the game, was only young but I still remember it, terrible.

But yeah it sounds like a certainty that we won't be seeing Jharal this year, oh well, as long as he's fit for the start of next season we can't ask much more.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
I'm not surprised by this news. He needs more time, no doubt about it.

I don't think he will re-gain even enough speed to play in the centres. My guess is backrow. In any case, I just hope that he somehow gets back from this.

Chainshada

Juniors
From what I read in the article, he'll always have the limp, he still has his speed, but he's slower off the mark.

Latest posts