What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jim Beam Cup 2008 season

Goldthorpe said:
How much does it usually cost to get into Jim Beam Cup games?

About $7 would be the average...?

Having said that, the JBC sides in NSW all play at pretty modest suburban ovals - certainly not in Stadiums like MES.

Nfed

Juniors
Just goes the show the premium that can be charged in a market that had no access to a particular sport.

Nfed

Juniors
I have confirmation that giant prop, Charlie Farah is recovering well from his mid seaon knee reconstruction and will be returning to play with the Sydney Bulls in 2008 after a stint with the Bulldogs.

Front row was a real problem position for the Bulls in 2007.

Nfed

Juniors
cumberlandsashes81 said:
About $7 would be the average...?

Having said that, the JBC sides in NSW all play at pretty modest suburban ovals - certainly not in Stadiums like MES.

I understand that Campbelltown Eagles are going to play at Campbelltown Stadium (double headers with wests P/L?) and Cronulla Caringbah are going to play at Toyota Park with Cronulla Cobras P/L. So some JBC will be played on top class grounds.

Considering that the Bulldogs P/L will be playing at the The Crest (Sydney Bulls) and with the Wenty and Windsor JV's, it is possible, subject to draw alignment, that some weeks all 5 games in P/L could be double headers.

Nfed

Juniors
Moore signing to boost Storm
13Dec07
Alex.jpg
Alex Moore (right) with Central Coast Storm coach jamie Feeney

IN-DEMAND playmaker Alex Moore ended two weeks of speculation when he signed with the Central Coast Storm on Tuesday night.

Moore, 26, was being chased by several clubs after The Entrance's withdrawal from the Jim Beam Cup late last month.

The former Manly NRL half-back made a verbal agreement to play with the Bulldogs on the weekend before changing his mind earlier this week.

He spoke with Storm coach Jamie Feeney on Monday before putting pen to paper on a one-year contract at training on Tuesday night.

Moore's signing is a major boost for the club after the news Daniel Abraham will play in England next season.

Moore will come into serious consideration as Storm captain in next year's Premier League competition.

``It's a massive relief, it's been a very difficult couple of weeks,'' said Moore, who captained the Tigers to the Jim Beam Cup title this season.

``When we pulled out of the Jim Beam Cup it was a massive shock, I didn't know what was happening next season.

``There was interest from a lot of clubs and I nearly did a deal with the Bulldogs. But on Sunday night I had second thoughts. The travel was a big factor. I would have had to leave at 3pm for training and wouldn't have got home until late at night.

``I've got a young family so this is much better for them. Travelling so far would also have put a major strain on my job.''

Moore will continue to work as a development officer with The Entrance Leagues Club.

Feeney has no doubt Moore will be a success in the NRL's second tier competition.

``He's been there before and knows what it takes,'' Feeney said.

``Alex will be one of our leaders and his experience is a major boost to our young team.''

There was more good news this week when former Newcastle first grader Regan Tanner also linked with the club.

Nfed

Juniors
Eagles confident after snapping up Tigers trio
13Dec07
ERINA has taken a significant step to ending five years of Jim Beam Cup frustration by signing three key players.

In a major boost to the Central Coast's only remaining Jim Beam Cup club, the Eagles have secured the services of former Tigers Jacob Martin, Ryan Cribb and Vita Hemmings.

The trio became free agents after the club's decision to sit out the 2008 season.

Eagles football manager Michael Newton said the signings meant the club had only one spot left on its Jim Beam Cup roster.

That position is expected to be filled in the next few days with the club in negotiations with a prop who has played in the NRL.

The Eagles have been major disappointments in the Jim Beam Cup, promising much but delivering little.

But Newton and head coach Mark Horo believe the scene is set for a successful 2008 campaign.

``It's an exciting time for the club,'' Newton said.

``Picking up the three guys from The Entrance is a bonus for us. What happened to the Tigers was unexpected but we would have been mad not to try and sign players.

``Jacob (a back-rower), Vita (a full-back or winger) and Ryan (a winger) will fit into the culture we're developing at the club and they've got plenty of experience at Jim Beam Cup level.''

Cribb and Hemmings will both be back for a second spell with the Eagles.

Source: Central Coast Express Advocate

Nfed

Juniors
The Entrance
The club has withdrawn for 2008. Player losses – Alex Moore, Courtney Rolfe, Jamen McLeod and Troy Woodley (Central Coast Storm P/L), Shaun Corrigan (Norths P/L), Brett Blaker (Wenty), Chris Birchall and Jamie Davis (Wyong), Ryan Cribb, Vita Hemmings and Jacob Martin (Erina), Cheyne Lennon (Berkeley Vale)

Sydney Bulls
Gains
Adam Tippett and Phil Takchi (Cabramatta), Charlie Farah (Bulldogs P/L), Brett Finn (Cronulla P/L), Pat Rosser (St George P/L), Tim Wynn (Parramatta P/L & Seven Hills), Mark Butler (Mounties)

Losses
Luke Millwood, Khalid Deeb (Newtown P/L), Anthony Mansour and Steve Jolly (retired)

Cabramatta
Losses
Luke Branighan and Don Thompson (Roosters), Adam Tippett and Phil Takchi (Bulls), Sam Aiga (WA Reds), Willie Brown (retired), Matt Gruzka (Brisbane Easts)

Possible gains
Casey Ellis, who played most of the season with St George P/L after starting 2007 with Cabra, and Alf Betham (Parramatta P/L and Mounties)

Wenty
Gains
Brett Blaker (The Entrance)

Losses
Adam Capovilla, Simon Gwynne, Keiron Herring and Daniel Bell (retired)

Windsor
Gains
Leigh Hopkins (London Harlequins, UK), Craig Trindall (Windsor P/L)

Mounties
Gains
Damien Mostyn (The Grove), Drew Dalton and Anthony Dalton (Windsor), Pat Galea (Wests P/L), Ben Weir (BRET P/L), Peter Lett (Group 6)

Losses
Charlie Herekotokuku (Norths P/L), Mark Butler (Bulls), Aaron Mercer, Alf Betham, Lucas Reilly, Inoke Amone and Blake Blackburn.

Erina
Gains
Ryan Cribb, Vita Hemmings and Jacob Martin (The Entrance)

Losses
Grant Wooden (Wllongong Wests), Matt Hunt (Norths P/L)

WA Reds
Gains
Shayne McMemeny (Hull, UK), Heath Eggleston (Moranbah, Qld), Sam Aiga (Cabramatta), Joel Rawlins and Shane Johnson (Lakes United, Newcastle), George Ghazal (Moss Vale), Rod Tahu (Victoria) plus local recruits.

Shellharbour
Gains
Brad Davidson (St George P/L), Adam Griggs (Group 6)

Losses
Lewis McPhail and Kevin Neighbour (Gateshead, UK), Peter Magnone (Gundagai)

Campbelltown
Gains
Jamie Sczcerbanik, Ben Sauvao, Stephen Harding (Wests), John Dasilva (Portugal RL)

No info on Chester Hill, Cronulla-Caringbah and Belrose.

Nfed

Juniors
Rod Tahu was lock for the Affiliated States team in the 2007 Quad series.

DaSilva follows a couple of other Portuguese players that surfaced last year. When Mounties played The Entrance at the double header in round 1 at Cabramatta last year, each squad contained a player of portuguese heritage for south western sydney. Chester Paselio, a front rower, played most of the season in JBC for Mounties while Matt Veve, a centre, was the travelling reserve for the Tigers. Unfortunately, Veve played the entire season in the Central Coast comp without getting another chance.

Nfed said:
Rod Tahu was lock for the Affiliated States team in the 2007 Quad series.

Good stuff...

I've heard there were a few guys in that team that were pretty handy.

DaSilva follows a couple of other Portuguese players that surfaced last year. When Mounties played The Entrance at the double header in round 1 at Cabramatta last year, each squad contained a player of portuguese heritage for south western sydney. Chester Paselio, a front rower, played most of the season in JBC for Mounties while Matt Veve, a centre, was the travelling reserve for the Tigers. Unfortunately, Veve played the entire season in the Central Coast comp without getting another chance.

Right - it seemed to be suggesting he was actually from a Portuguese-based competition!

korky

Juniors

Think you will find most of the players from last year have signed. Yates, Burns, Heckenberg, Jones, Rimmer, Ross Brown, Weaver, Emms, Britcher, Betham, Katoa. Add Luke Carr and Aaron Fluke(Wenty), and some good juniors. Sam Aiga is back from WA and training at Cabra and Richie Parker is still a chance of returning. Lost Tippet and Takchi (Bulls), Thompson and Branighan (Roosters), Gruzka (Qld). And coach

LimeTime

Juniors
Nothing wrong with that side,what happened with Sam Aiga and W.A.?,I'm happy to see Him back , and I hope Richie Parker Returns ,He was awesome last season

Kurt200

Juniors
Erina signed ryan cribb & vita hemmings from the Entrance. They also hav afew guys from canberra premier league but not sure who.
They should push for the top 5 this year if they stay injury free.

Stagger eel

Staff member
one_eyed_demon said:
Tim Wynn who was originally signing with the bulls has now signed with Wenty for next year.

interesting..I wonder if he's part of the JB cup side or State cup side...I guess he could play either :?

I'm getting a little confused with all this. :crazy:

Latest posts