What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jim Beam cup expansion

eelavation said:
not really..

only that discussions with Wenty are continueiung and from what i know they have painted themselves in a corner because as part of their agreement with NSWRL, they m,ust field a team in the JB cup or equivelant for next season.

What agreement would that be?

Wenty leagues club are struggling financially and are extremely reluctant to commit themselves, however they may not have a choice.

Surely they can still afford a JBC team? Wouldn't the costs of a joint-venture be similar to the costs of running a JBC side?

I understand most of these PL joint-ventures involve around the $150k - $200k mark of investment for the 'junior partner'.

I'd probably prefer to see Wenty as the PL side. I've forgiven them for giving us Gus Gould...

Stagger eel

Staff member
cumberlandsashes81 said:
What agreement would that be?

tbh..I'm not really sure :?

I've heard figures in excess of 500K to field a side, I could be wrong though.

Dallas

Juniors
interesting days people.

As for Parramatta, Im sorry, but Id say its got something to do with them being extremely stubbon about things, especially Denis Fitzgerald...

eelavation said:
tbh..I'm not really sure :?

Relates to some kind of accreditation that allows them to receive funding or some kind of tax break? There's so much about the business of running these clubs that I'd love to learn about... Pity the information is held by a small group of people.

I've heard figures in excess of 500K to field a side, I could be wrong though.

But if it's a JV then the Eels would be kicking in about half the costs.

Nfed posted on another thread how much Ryde-Eastwood Leagues used to spend on its Metro Cup team -- it was around the $220k mark. They now invest the exact same amount of money into the BRET JV.

Dallas said:
As for Parramatta, Im sorry, but Id say its got something to do with them being extremely stubbon about things, especially Denis Fitzgerald...

If he's stubborn it's because he's driving a good deal for the club. I used to think Denis was a bit of a drip but these days I've come to realise he's a pretty canny businessman - I'm not going to say he's a visionary but he's put the Eels in an enviable place financially. (Wow, me standing up for Denis.)

Denis would be negotiating the best possible deal for Parramatta Leagues/DRLFC - which means the deal that will help build strategic business alliances and cost the club the least amount of dosh.

yappy

Bench
But if it's a JV then the Eels would be kicking in about half the costs.

I hear the Eels are looking to pay nowhere near that much.

Denis would be negotiating the best possible deal for Parramatta Leagues/DRLFC - which means the deal that will help build strategic business alliances and cost the club the least amount of dosh.

That's certainly what he's trying to do. The question is if he'll find a willing partner?

That's certainly what he's trying to do. The question is if he'll find a willing partner?

With Mounties out of the equation - who is left with the money to do it in the Parramatta District RL? We also hear that Wenty (the other obvious business partner for Denis) are unwilling to go into the deal.

This means it's down to Blacktown Sports Club and Cabramatta Leagues.

How is Baulkham Hills Sports Club travelling these days? Were they the benefactors of the Hills District Bulls? Kellyville Bushrangers didn't have a club behind them did they?

one_eyed_demon

Juniors
yappy said:
I hear the Eels are looking to pay nowhere near that much.

yep eels will pay for coach, and 8 players(they will carry an nrl squad of 25, 17 play each week ,reamaining 8 if uninjured will play for feeder club)
feeder club covers rest of costs including remaining players, staff, gear and operating costs.
the investment is alot more than the 200k mark.

There is no way the demons will be the club, The Demons made it clear from the start they were not interested in the merger.